Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SERO P done

Feedback Score

SERO P done

If you try to activate another phone on SERO P, you will be forced to change to the $60 plan

Goodbye SERO P

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    SprintGurus

Feedback Score
    Hey Eyecon, Fellow Guru here. Aaaah, the memories. Has this been confirmed by Sprint? Source? Does "activate" include simple ESN swaps or just upgrades? What plan(s) are they being forced to?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbin View Post
    Hey Eyecon, Fellow Guru here. Aaaah, the memories. Has this been confirmed by Sprint? Source? Does "activate" include simple ESN swaps or just upgrades? What plan(s) are they being forced to?
    Hey. Yep. Completely done. Confirmed. Even with a simple end swap

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyecon82 View Post
    Hey. Yep. Completely done. Confirmed. Even with a simple end swap

That's crazy. What plan are they forcing? What about people who are under contract? Sounds like a get out of jail free card to me.

Feedback Score
    That's crazy. What plan are they forcing? What about people who are under contract? Sounds like a get out of jail free card to me.
    Check out this thread. Looks like it's the $60 unlimited SERO plan. The extra $10 for a smartphone is still up in the air https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comm...sero_500_plan/

Feedback Score
    Hmmm. Checked out the thread you linked. I fail to see how Sprint plans on implementing this. There are more questions than answers. If true, whoever made this decision can't possibly be aware of the evolution of SERO and the many variations out there. Not everyone with SERO is on the $50 variety. There are some who still use the $30 and $40 plans. For someone on the $30 plan (under contract), how do they justify doubling the price simply because of an ESN swap? That's insane.

Another unanswered question I saw was how does this apply to TEP replacements. Does this apply to Everything Plus Referral Plan? Aside from Reddit, has Sprint actually said anything about this?

Feedback Score
    When I do a swap in store the system tries to make me change the plan, but then I just search the SOC code and manually input it back in the plan part. Let's the customer keep SERO-P.

Feedback Score
    Thanks VisionsDivine for testing the swap. Has there been anything official from Sprint regarding this? Do you know how this will affect those under contract? How about TEP replacements and those on the $30 and $40 (Marquee) plans?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I know for a fact that as of 3 weeks ago, you could do a swap online while on the $50 plan because I did it (www.sprint.com/activate)

Feedback Score
    Consider yourself lucky. I can never get that to work. Always have to call in.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    When I do a swap in store the system tries to make me change the plan, but then I just search the SOC code and manually input it back in the plan part. Let's the customer keep SERO-P.
    What is the SOC code? Thank you

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Kind of disappointed to read about this....was considering upgrading devices this fall.

At this price, it might be worth looking at a different provider (for me anyways).

Sprint FAQ

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JDDietz View Post
    Kind of disappointed to read about this....was considering upgrading devices this fall.

At this price, it might be worth looking at a different provider (for me anyways).

Sprint FAQ
    Read the FAQ and it makes no mention of price plan increase upon ESN swap. It only mentions upgrades.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Read the FAQ and it makes no mention of price plan increase upon ESN swap. It only mentions upgrades.
    Good catch.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have activated a Note Edge on SERO P, and then switched back to my old Note 3, then activated the TEP+ replacement Note Edge, then switched back to the Note 3 again...
    Never once was I asked or told I needed to switch plans.
    This is over the last 2 weeks.
    In fact, I've noticed that self service activating (using the phone only) has started working again. I also used the 'My Account' page on Sprint.com to swap handsets again.
    Neither of these options were available for quite awhile on SERO P.
    Now, I must say I have not tried to "upgrade" to a new phone, or renew contract yet, that fun will be reserved for December.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast