Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rogers is raising prices by $5/month

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fruvous View Post
    My discounts fall off in Oct and will raise my rates by $20 or a little under 30%. If they don't replace it with more discounts then I want to see something for my increased monthlys. I guess I'll be opening a support ticket each time my data is slow, call drops or call quality is crap. For a 30% increase, I expect to see 30% improvement.
    There is no 30% increase. You are going to be paying what you should have been paying.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    You should look at fruvous' twitter account. This guy spends a lot of time complaining to a bunch of mobile carriers. It's actually quite amusing to see how riled up he is.

Feedback Score
    I feel bad at how bad you guys get screwed on wireless in Canada. I don't buy the excuses either.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    I feel bad at how bad you guys get screwed on wireless in Canada. I don't buy the excuses either.
    Some poeple seem to enjoy it. The poster right above you for example. Either a masochist or a paid Rogers shill.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    Some poeple seem to enjoy it. The poster right above you for example. Either a masochist or a paid Rogers shill.
    Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk
    I don't enjoy paying more than other places in the least. But it is what it is and I can certainly expend my energy in better ways than constantly crying about how expensive my cell phone plan is.

The thing is with clowns like the poster above me, there is no pleasing them. Even if a phone plan was $40/month they'd whine that it should be $35.

Then mr morose trolls me and calls me a "paid rogers shill" all the time. I wish they paid me. I could use the money... To pay my Rogers bill... Hahahahahaha

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Of course there are things they can easily do to please me.

Rogers can:

1. Retain the agreements that I had made
    An agreement brokered through the CCTS gave me free forwarding within my LCA as was described when I started my contract. With RON turning down, they are now in violation of that agreement
    2. Follow the rules
    Rogers is the only company that I have ever dealt with that expected me to pay my invoice that they submit to me after the due date. They had a system issue that caused them to not be able to issue me correct invoices and they still demanded that I pay the wrong one. They finally corrected it but it left a very bad taste in my mouth because they, themselves would not pay invoices that were incorrect.
    3. Stop committing fraud on my account
    Several times I have had "new" contracts signed on my account. Never with my permission and whenever I would press them about it to give me proof I have agreed to these contracts, they would always back track and say "oops"
    Another incident saw a non-rogers number ported to them without my permission.
    4. Provide me with the services that I have contracted them to do
    A four day outage that could have lasted longer and a response to relax and watch my free NHL hockey is not a reasonable response.
    5. Stop lying to me
    Saying that they spent billions "improving" the network is usless. My phone used to be locked to 3G because they couldn't figure out how to transition LTE to 3G for voice calls. Now, wifi calling needs to be disabled or you cannot forward Bell landlines or roam in the US properly. Coverage areas have not increased in size. Congestion issues are still causing calls to drop all the time. Is this "improvement"?

I can easily go on but I wouldn't want to bore the audience.
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    ^^
    You're such a colossal baby. You have this huge list of gripes and could apparently "easily go on", so why not change carriers? Obviously Rogers doesn't meet your needs and causes you nothing but pain and grief.

But wait! If someone were to read your twitter account you'd see b*tching at Rogers, mobilicity, and virgin mobile all in the first 10 tweets. You also complain about xplornet and Shoppers Drug Mart.

I stand by my statement. There is no pleasing people like you. Even if Rogers (Or mobilicity or virgin or xplornet or shoppers) fixed every little thing on your list you'd find something else to cry about.

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    I'm not paying off a tab while they screw things up. They obviously can't do anything right so why don't they let me out? These issues are controlled by Rogers and not by me.

Mobi complains are clearly explained in the other thread.

Virgin told me that a change was caused by CRTC mandate. That is blatantly false and I wanted to find out what the mandate number was that they were referring to.

Xplornet: they have issues that documented widely on the internet. "Just leave" doesn't work because in a rural area there is no alternative.

SDM: Wouldn't you want to raise their attention to expired pharmaceutical products on their shelves?

I choose to do this publicly because these PR machines all try to control the message and then these all disappear into the ether. This also provides a publicly available record when it comes to CCTS escalations if needed.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I'm playing the worlds smallest violin just for you chief.

Feedback Score
    My Rogers Shared Talk & Text Plan (Local only calling, voicemail not included) went up to $30 from $25. I see that Wind Mobile's $25 plan includes Canada-wide calling, unlimited Canadian texting and Voicemail. I've been with Rogers since 2002 but at Rogers, loyalty counts for nothing. I'm thinking for switching. At least I own both phones so I'm out of contract so there should be no penalty.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I'm curious to see what happens with the MTS/Bell deal in Manitoba.

If that goes through I think I'd consider jumping to Telus.

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z1
    Carrier(s)
    Fido, Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    My main line, the Rogers 6GB Super Plan is done. I'm out. Just ported to a Fido migration plan. The extra $5 plus the value pack being $10 now really pushed me away. Sure, I'm still paying Rogers but at least less now.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haz View Post
    My main line, the Rogers 6GB Super Plan is done. I'm out. Just ported to a Fido migration plan. The extra $5 plus the value pack being $10 now really pushed me away. Sure, I'm still paying Rogers but at least less now.
    can you post the info on the migration plan? weren't you going to go through with the koodo manitoba plan (which btw according to their TOS) is forbidden to port your number to a non manitoba number?

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z1
    Carrier(s)
    Fido, Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I went through Fido online chat and was told I couldn't get the migration plan coming from Rogers and I was going to set up the 500 minutes 2GB plan. The rep later emailed to get my final okay on the matter and I emailed back telling him I'm going to be porting from Chatr instead so I can get the 4GB $50 migration plan. I confirmed that I could and that I would get $5 off per month for 9 months after the third invoice as well. I popped out and grabbed a Chatr SIM card so I could do the port at my leisure.

The next day, Saturday, I got an email around 1PM saying my Fido SIM was shipped. It arrived at 7PM, only 6 hours after shipping.

Sunday, I set up my Chatr account and put in my Rogers information to do the port while doing so. Then I called in to get my Chatr account number since it doesn't show on the website. Port took about an hour.

Soon after the move to Chatr, I called into Fido to do the port from Chatr. It took all of 10 minutes.

So, $10 Chatr SIM + $20 basic plan and probably 2 hours of time, I was free from Rogers crappy rate hike on my 6GB Super Plan ($65 + $10 value pack) and onto Fido (mini-Rogers) 4GB $50 plan with some short term discounts. I think that's a small win. Sure, I don't have Fido Roam but I'll live with the occasional use of Roam Mobility since I do have 2 active SIMs.

This is the plan.

- 4GB
    - call display
    - mini voicemail
    - unlimited text/pic/vido messaging (CAN, US & International)
    - Canadawide long distance calling
    - circle calling
    - call waiting
    - $25 credit per line after 3 months (so $50 total)
    - $5 off per month for 9 months after 3rd invoice
    - No Fido Roam
    - No Spotify
    Last edited by Haz; 08-31-2016 at 07:20 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info Haz. That's quite a bit you went through: you moved from Rogers to Chatr and then from Chatr to Fido. At least you're paying less now and you're happy....the best part, it's all "onboard" and legit. No worrying about breaching the provider's terms of service.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast