Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rogers is raising prices by $5/month

Device(s)
    Samsung Focus
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Rogers is raising prices by $5/month

I got a nice letter from them yesterday.

I wonder if the increase will cover the losses as customers move elsewhere?

Mike

Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Was it a letter all on it's own? I thought they usually included a little note on your monthly invoice.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My brother got this letter as well. He will be porting out very soon.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Feedback Score
    My wife got a letter today. Typical garbage about having improved the network the last three years.

You'd think that would have been covered by the increase in all rate plans when 2 year contracts were brought in.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    My wife got a letter yesterday. She has a regular but grandfathered plan.

RE: Your Rogers Wireless Number ,

At Rogers, we're committed to offering you the highest quality of products and services. That's why we have invested $6 billion in the last three years alone in upgrades to our technology to continue bringing you the best possible wireless services and coverage.

As part of our efforts to provide the best mobile offerings, the wireless plan that you are currently subscribed to is being phased out. As a result, we will be moving you to another price plan.

These changes will take effect as of August 25, 2016. The monthly service fee for your wireless plan is increasing to $59 (plus applicable taxes). This change is made in accordance with the CRTC Wireless Code. Please refer to your most recent invoice for your current monthly services fees.

If you wish to respond to this letter or have any questions, concerns or wish to modify, cancel or enhance your wireless services, please call us at 1 844 776-4377.

We appreciate your business and look forward to helping you stay connected to what matters most.

Thank you for continuing to choose Rogers.

I got an email today saying the same thing, I have a grandfathered corporate plan which only lapsed last year. So much for going "month-to-month" after your contract expires without risk of them raising your rates. I can't wait for Shaw to get their act together and make improvements to Wind.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    My parents got the letter. I laughed when I read that they've improved their network, especially the part about "rural" improvements. Same old crappy coverage in the same places when using my wife's Rogers phone...and total lack of coverage in "rural" areas. I also got a letter about my TMN package increasing by $3 a month on my Rogers cable service. It's a vicious cycle - people leaving Rogers due to crappy service and price increases, and Rogers increasing prices to offset their losses. I would love nothing more than to de-Roger myself and my entire family completely.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    So this is an increase for grandfathered/out of market plans?

Device(s)
    Samsung Focus
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    If you are currently in contract, Roger will continue to honour your price. But the second you go out of contract, up go the prices (and down go the subscriber numbers - sorry Rogers, but not really - you've brought this on yourselves).

Mike

Device(s)
    HTC Dream
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I got the same email/letter from Rogers yesterday:

Rogers for Enterprise

Dear Valued Customer

RE: Your Rogers Wireless Number ##########,

At Rogers, we're committed to offering you the highest quality of products and services. That's why we have invested $6 billion in the last three years alone in upgrades to our technology to continue bringing you the best possible wireless services and coverage.

As part of our efforts to provide the best mobile offerings, the wireless plan that you are currently subscribed to is being phased out. As a result, we will be moving you to another price plan.

These changes will take effect as of August 25, 2016. The monthly service fee for your wireless plan is increasing to $65 (plus applicable taxes). This change is made in accordance with the CRTC Wireless Code. Please refer to your most recent invoice for your current monthly services fees.

Your new wireless service plan will include the following features:

Unlimited Local Voice Minutes
    National Rogers to Rogers Calling, Call Display
    6GB Domestic Data
    Your Current Long Distance Calling Features
    Overage Rates Where Applicable: $0.10/Min Local Voice Calling, $0.10/Min Canadian Long-Distance Calling, $0.20/Min USA Long-Distance Calling, $0.05/MB Domestic Data

If you wish to respond to this letter or have any questions, concerns or wish to modify, cancel or enhance your wireless services, please call us at 1 844 776-4377.

We appreciate your business and look forward to helping you stay connected to what matters most.

Thank you for continuing to choose Rogers.

Sincerely,
    Rogers Communications
    I'm currently on a Corporate Plan where I pay $65/mo taxes in: $30 (-$6 for 20% corporate discount) for 350 minute Business Advantage plan (includes VM/CID/250SMS/RogertoRogers/Company calling/8pm Unlim Evening & Weekend Calling) + 30$ for the old 6GB data plan + $2.53 gov reg recovery fee. With the new fee they're offering, I'll end up paying ~$10 more per month for roughly the same thing: although I get unlim local talk, not sure I get VM or any SMS in the plan. I will call and find out what's the best retentions is willing to offer to keep a 12+year customer like me... I suspect they'll try to put me on a more expensive Share Everything Plan, but those come with either 5GB or 7GB data, and I almost always use my 6GB every month, so I won't accept the 5GB plans.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    This really sucks, but I hope it works out for me in the end. I have only been off the contract for less than a year. My plan expired last September. I recall being on a month-to-month for many many years before I got one of these letters forcing me onto another plan.

I called up Rogers and asked if I was now eligible for the HUP without having to go for a higher priced plan (which was the case before since my plan was grandfathered and could not be renewed). The older sounding rep was trying to dig up info on it. When I called, they just got the memo about the increase early that morning. Although she couldn't find any info, she believes I would have to ditch this plan and go for a higher priced one like the "share everything plan". I really need a new phone as my current phone died. I can tough it out until August or September, but not much longer than that. My dumb phones are reliable but don't give me data.

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z1
    Carrier(s)
    Fido, Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GVRD777 View Post
    This really sucks, but I hope it works out for me in the end. I have only been off the contract for less than a year. My plan expired last September. I recall being on a month-to-month for many many years before I got one of these letters forcing me onto another plan.

I called up Rogers and asked if I was now eligible for the HUP without having to go for a higher priced plan (which was the case before since my plan was grandfathered and could not be renewed). The older sounding rep was trying to dig up info on it. When I called, they just got the memo about the increase early that morning. Although she couldn't find any info, she believes I would have to ditch this plan and go for a higher priced one like the "share everything plan". I really need a new phone as my current phone died. I can tough it out until August or September, but not much longer than that. My dumb phones are reliable but don't give me data.
    I called in today and was told by the rep that they got notification that my grandfathered plans that are November 2013 and older will have until Aug 7th to get locked into a 2 year "Smart Tab" but at the higher +$5. I have the 6GB Super Plan so that would be $65 before the crappy $10 mini voicemail + CID.

I checked a few phone prices with this "Smart Tab".

Xperia X Performance @ $350
    LG G5 @ $400
    S7 Edge @ $750

The iPhone 6S and 6S Plus are not eligible but there are others that are. Not sure it's worth is after this $5 increase. Looking to port out.

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haz View Post
    I called in today and was told by the rep that they got notification that my grandfathered plans that are November 2013 and older will have until Aug 7th to get locked into a 2 year "Smart Tab" but at the higher +$5. I have the 6GB Super Plan so that would be $65 before the crappy $10 mini voicemail + CID.

I checked a few phone prices with this "Smart Tab".

Xperia X Performance @ $350
    LG G5 @ $400
    S7 Edge @ $750

The iPhone 6S and 6S Plus are not eligible but there are others that are. Not sure it's worth is after this $5 increase. Looking to port out.
    But where are you going to find 6GB for $75?

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z1
    Carrier(s)
    Fido, Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Morris View Post
    My wife is on Fido with 3GB for $50 and my wife said a Rep called to offer to add a second line of the same plan. I only use 1.5GB. There's always the Koodo 48 route as well.

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haz View Post
    My wife is on Fido with 3GB for $50 and my wife said a Rep called to offer to add a second line of the same plan. I only use 1.5GB. There's always the Koodo 48 route as well.
    I forgot about the Koodo plan. Both options seem viable. The Fido one would probably be less of a hassle if it's still available.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Morris View Post
    https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast