Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LG 237C activation required

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    If you are looking for a TracFone non-smartphone flip phone, Best Buy has the ZTE Z233VL on sale for $9.99. It's an LTE and VoLTE capable device so it's much future proof than the LG 238C. It's a current model that should work out of the box on TracFone. As a LTE phone it will not work on the Page Plus standard plan however.

TracFone ZTE Z233VL 4G LTE with 4GB Memory Cell Phone Gray TFZEZ233VCGY3PWP - Best Buy
    ZTE Z233VL is a Smartphone. The ZTE Z233VL has seemingly good reviews on BestBuy.com and terrible reviews on multiple other sites with more reviews.

Regarding it being "an LTE and VoLTE capable device", how does that help my mother who lives in a town of 700 with cdma service confirmed?

Seeking a TracFone that's a non-smartphone flip phone is a battle that I've lost interest in. Time moves on. I have little to no regard for future proofing in the tech world and especially with regard to mobile phone tech. I outfitted data centers for a living before Social Media was a thing. The future is very uncertain. What is predictable is that people over 65yo average a fall a year. If my mother carries one mobile phone with her, I am only interested in her being able to easily dial 911 in typical elderly situations. I have growing contempt for TracFone Corporate despite them being my service provider.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The ZTE Z233VL is not a smartphone. Click the link I posted and look at the picture of the phone. It's a non-touchscreen flip phone with a keypad.
    Verizon has announced that they are shutting down CDMA at the end of next year and going all LTE/VoLTE. The Z233VL will work after 2019, CDMA-only phones won't.
    Compare prepaid plans from all operators at PrepaidCompare.net.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have played with a ZTE Z233VL. It is really hard to know what it is. The interface is a basic interface like the old basic CDMA phones, but it is running Android behind the interface. It does not have all the Android stuff tho, but there is a few Android menus still. So I will call it a basic phone since you can't run Android apps on it even tho it has Android.

Edit:
    Plus, Yeswap is right. Verizon is shutting down their CDMA at the end of the 2019. The only way for Verizon phones to work after that is VoLTE. So if you want to replace a CDMA phone with another CDMA phone, you will have to replace it again in either before the end of 2019 or in 2020 when there is no CDMA.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    If you are looking for a TracFone non-smartphone flip phone, Best Buy has the ZTE Z233VL on sale for $9.99. It's an LTE and VoLTE capable device so it's much future proof than the LG 238C. It's a current model that should work out of the box on TracFone. As a LTE phone it will not work on the Page Plus standard plan however.

TracFone ZTE Z233VL 4G LTE with 4GB Memory Cell Phone Gray TFZEZ233VCGY3PWP - Best Buy
    Wow. That seems like quite a good deal for a 4G LTE flip / non-smartphone!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by huntingn View Post
    ZTE Z233VL is a Smartphone. The ZTE Z233VL has seemingly good reviews on BestBuy.com and terrible reviews on multiple other sites with more reviews.

Regarding it being "an LTE and VoLTE capable device", how does that help my mother who lives in a town of 700 with cdma service confirmed?

Seeking a TracFone that's a non-smartphone flip phone is a battle that I've lost interest in. Time moves on. I have little to no regard for future proofing in the tech world and especially with regard to mobile phone tech. I outfitted data centers for a living before Social Media was a thing. The future is very uncertain. What is predictable is that people over 65yo average a fall a year. If my mother carries one mobile phone with her, I am only interested in her being able to easily dial 911 in typical elderly situations. I have growing contempt for TracFone Corporate despite them being my service provider.
    First, as already state, the ZTE Z233VL is NOT a smartphone.

Second, if you are "only interested in her being able to easily dial 911 in typical elderly situations", then why do you even need service on whatever phone you give her? 911 works on any cell phone that is receiving a signal, even without service.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2