Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Mofi 4500

Device(s)
    Iphone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have mine all hooked up, just need to figure out how I use my Time Capsule and extend to AirPort Extreme in guest house

Device(s)
    Iphone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wow, as soon as I connected my old 2.4ghz only Lenovo Laptop the Mofi has gone ape s***. My other devices are getting connection drops and everything just seems so laggy now. I unplugged laptop, did a reboot and now doing speed tests I am getting connection errors. Well this has been a fun first day so far setting this up.

Device(s)
    Samsung S8+
    Carrier(s)
    VERIZON (used to be Alltel)
    Feedback Score
    Reboot it..dont do band lock set it to auto..what kind of signal you getting? I had mine locked to band 12 and it acted weird..

Sent form somewhere in Texas

Device(s)
    Iphone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Reset the Mofi, doing speed tests I get laggy ping results. I am getting 4 bars on LTE and I can’t understand why this is occurring. I don’t even have the PC connected anymore.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jestexman View Post
    Reboot it..dont do band lock set it to auto..what kind of signal you getting? I had mine locked to band 12 and it acted weird..

Sent form somewhere in Texas
    No I don’t have a band lock on it.

Ping starts in the 700 range and then drops to 50 after a few seconds. It’s causing my web browsing to be laggy as well.

I’m gonna call tech support because I still have my other WiFi home service that works fine. I run swagbucks videos on my android device and I get “server not reached” errors when connected to the mofi but do not get errors when I am connected to my main WiFi.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Sorry for all the posts. But maybe I just have a defective unit. In Band lock settings it says band 13, then band 4, now it just shows “unknown” I’m still locking 3/4 bars of LTE. Carrier aggregation says “inactive band 13” Tech support extended my return date to 60 days so I can diagnose these issues. I have a PC, MacBook Pro, Apple TV 4 and a farm of my old android and old iPhones. I changed the WiFi settings to b/g/n mixed which was originally by default set to just g/n. I would say I run 10 devices at the most. Also WiFi channel 1 for less interference. Crossing my fingers something works.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key 2, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway, Moto Z2 Force w/ Keyboard Mod
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Okay, it's been ages since I've had to use it, but my Verizon Fios internet is down right now, and due to my schedule, they can't get a tech out to the house to fix it until Saturday. So, now I have to use my Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plan SIM for backup internet until then.

After trying for 30-60 minutes, including multiple reboots, I was unable to establish a working LTE connection with the Verizon Wireless Network using my MoFi 4500 SIM4 Version 2. My Firmware has not been updated since I stopped using it back in November, when I switched to Fios. So, given what the Firmware was 6 months ago, WHAT SETTINGS WERE Y'ALL USING TO GET A WORKING VZW LTE CONNECTION on your MoFi 4500 SIM4 Version 2?

I'm temporarily using the device VZW HATES me using; my T1114, because at the moment, it's the only one of the 2 that can establish a working connection with the VZW Network. Any help here would be hot, because I need the MoFi's Band Locking to keep me connected to the Band with the strongest, fastest signal (the T1114 keeps shoving me onto a much weaker, slower Band, impairing performance that's already subpar to begin with, compared to typical VZW LTE performance in my region as a whole.)

Thanks in advance!
    Photobucket's policy changes SUCK!

New signature coming soon-ish...

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key 2, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway, Moto Z2 Force w/ Keyboard Mod
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    So, given what the Firmware was 6 months ago, WHAT SETTINGS WERE Y'ALL USING TO GET A WORKING VZW LTE CONNECTION on your MoFi 4500 SIM4 Version 2?
    Anyone?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Feedback Score
    Sorry I only check HF about once a day now.
    Haven't updated my mofi sim4 since I got it setup months ago i'm using the generic modem firmware using the built in Verizon APN settings "vzwinternet".

Some people can't get the generic FW to work for them and have to use the verizon FW but it's less stable for me so I don't.

I ended up leaving the bandlocking off (it did work when I tried it tho) because carrier aggregation seems to handle it well most of the time.

Congrats on getting Fios.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I don’t get what the deal is with this device. I get 4 bars of LTE and the signal is -92. I do speed tests and it starts off good around 30-40 and then it just drops to the single digits. I’m sitting right next to the unit in upstairs bedroom. I did a factory reset. Same thing. My Netflix buffers on my Roku which is downstairs. One day the Roku says the WiFi signal is good. Today it’s only fair. I’m on channel 6. Tried to set up a new connection and it says the signal needs to be stronger. Mofi has always been upstairs where I can get the best signal. Also it’s on band 4 but when I check the band lock settings there are times where it says “unknown” then says band 4 again. Went to band scanner. Only band 13 shows up. Ran the scan again and now band 4 shows up. Tried to save auto settings for the band lock and that says it failed. I am on latest software version. Man this thing is really buggy and frustrating me.
    Last edited by ehren88888; 05-05-2018 at 07:22 AM.

Feedback Score
    Modem info pages:
    http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/luci/quic...sierra_signal/
    http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/luci/quic...sierradetails/
    My current :[Revision: SWI9X30C_02.20.03.00 r6691 CARMD-EV-FRMWR2 2016/06/30 10:54:05
    Other info
    Model MoFi Network MOFI4500-4GXeLTE-V2 Firmware Version 2.5.2-std Kernel Version 3.10.14
    Firmware: GENERIC

Carrier aggregation will show inactive unless there is significant data transfer in progress.
    Carrier aggregation isn't possible when the device is locked to a single band.

IDK why it would drop speed unless you are using google or netflix's speed tests of which both are throttled.

IME it works well once setup but it's really not user friendly to setup and the broken menu pages and slow settings changes don't help.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Crossing my fingers but it just had a software update and it has been locked on band 4 now without it saying “unknown” at times. I would think that was the reason for the buffering and why the scan wasn’t always showing a signal on band 4.

Feedback Score
    I just bought the MOFI4500 SIM4 v2 and got it installed yesterday. It seems to perform quite a bit better than the CradlePoint MBR1400 I was previously using. I'm wondering if it could still be improved yet though. Any advice here would be appreciated

I am using this for Verizon, mainly connected on band 4 at around -99 dBm with one antenna port connected to an external antenna that narrows in on band 4. I have the regular antennas connected for the other 2 LTE antennas and occasionally I'll see a carrier aggregation on band 13, but rarely. Those are the only 2 bands my tower is broadcasting on

So I have a few questions on what could help. Is there a way to improve the carrier aggregation to work more frequently? Right now I rarely ever see that happen, usually it says "Carrier Aggregation: Not Assigned". I have advanced bandlock set to band 4 and band 13. Is my signal strength maybe not strong enough (around -100 dBm), or is there perhaps just too much traffic on this tower? I'm hovering right around -100 dBm for both bands

If I bought something like the Cel-Fi DUO+, would that perhaps increase my signal strength enough to make a significant difference?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Run a speed test or download a large file while your looking at the info page. CA doesn't run unless there is a significant load.

It's been a while since I worked on the signal but IIRC -100 dBm is pretty low.

I have yet to use any amplifiers and the extra antennas i've bought over the years didn't seem to help a lot. If you try let me know how it works out I was just asking about amplifier recommendations here a few days ago.

What I did was I looked around my house to find if I had any cell towers with line of sight. There are two but one is way faster than the other and when it switches it's noticeable (50Mbps vs 10Mbps). What I ended up doing was finding the one spot in the house where there was only one wall and a otherwise clear line of sight between the mofi and the tower

Looks like this currently with a speed test going:
    Band: B4 LTE bw: 20 MHz (1700 Mhz)
    Carrier Aggregation: ACTIVE LTE Scell band:B13
    Signal Strength: -93 (dBm) (Good)
    Signal Quality: -9.8
    Diversity Signal Strength: -87 (dBm)

I don't have band lock set, One of the main reasons I bought the mofi was because it had the option to bandlock and I thought I would need it but as it turned out the normal CA worked much better as long as it didn't switch to the slower tower.

Feedback Score
    I spoke with Cel-Fi and they concluded that the Cel-Fi Duo+ would not help my situation. Basically it sounds like the Duo is only designed as a repeater, so if I received a signal that ended up at 25Mbps speeds, then that is all I could ever get through their system. Their system seems to just be designed to take an existing signal and broadcast it in other areas of the house that may have a weaker signal. Basically a repeater and not an actual booster

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast