Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sprint stealing any T-Mobile customers

Feedback Score

Sprint stealing any T-Mobile customers

I know from my previous post most of you probably know I've switched from Verizon over to Sprint and love it. I have also asked not many people do but I do tell everybody else I know that they should do the same thing and how awesome it is. For example my friend has for T-Mobile lines for $100 he's also looking for new phones so I told him he could switch to sprint and get four lines for $50. I'm curious why it seems that whenever I tell you Verizon or AT&T customer about sprint they are interested but I T-Mobile customer is a very loyal customer indeed. I believe after the two years it also reverts back to your own T-Mobile plan or you choose a new current Sprint plan unfortunately most of the sprint plans or at least the one in the example that I gave an equivalent Sprint plan would cost a bit more. However I would take the 50% off if it was me

Here comes in where I ask my question how many of you who have T-Mobile have considered the sprints cut your bill in half promo. I have used T-Mobile before and really liked it was actually quite close to switching to T-Mobile and set up sprint at one time if it wasn't so expensive for me. Would you consider switching what's 50% off or is T-Mobile just so awesome that you don't care Who pay little more for quality service even though I say spring is quality too but a lot of people would disagree with me on that for some reason. I have noticed plus and minus is a both T-Mobile has better sound quality while Sprint has better indoor reception. Brett has cheaper prices but T-Mobile allow you to use data and talk at the same time. If you're not considering the sprint promo I'm curious as to why. I think spring is a great company and I'm shocked that they have so few customers and are in such a desperate situation as they are with a deal such as the one they are running. Sorry for the long post
    On a sidenote what makes you choose T-Mobile even if they do not have the best service at the moment. For example when I don't have service I still have Verizon another reason I went to Sprint but the mobile when I left the city service wasn't quite as good but when I had service I love my T-Mobile service. Even referred some family members over to them now trying to get them to come to sprint with me LOL

Feedback Score
    Whos Brett and hows he offering cheaper prices than T-Mobile??? Brett has the hookup. Does Brett have better coverage than T-Mobile? Brett is the man if so.

Feedback Score
    I have free service, but if it ever stops, I'll be back to T-Mobile before the sun sets.

I am currently on Sprint by way of RingPlus. It works fine for me where I live and MOST of the places I routinely travel. This weekend I was camping at a remote western lake and everyone had service but me. I know that's a RingPlus limitation and Sprint proper probably would have roamed. I'm willing to live with it for the free service. I did order a FreedomPOP GSM SIM so I should be covered in the future.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorio102 View Post
    Whos Brett and hows he offering cheaper prices than T-Mobile??? Brett has the hookup. Does Brett have better coverage than T-Mobile? Brett is the man if so.
    Brett has the best cell coverage in the nation.

The half off from sprint tempted me until the phone payment made it null and void on the savings

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech guy4 View Post
    I know from my previous post most of you probably know I've switched from Verizon over to Sprint and love it. I have also asked not many people do but I do tell everybody else I know that they should do the same thing and how awesome it is. For example my friend has for T-Mobile lines for $100 he's also looking for new phones so I told him he could switch to sprint and get four lines for $50. I'm curious why it seems that whenever I tell you Verizon or AT&T customer about sprint they are interested but I T-Mobile customer is a very loyal customer indeed. I believe after the two years it also reverts back to your own T-Mobile plan or you choose a new current Sprint plan unfortunately most of the sprint plans or at least the one in the example that I gave an equivalent Sprint plan would cost a bit more. However I would take the 50% off if it was me

Here comes in where I ask my question how many of you who have T-Mobile have considered the sprints cut your bill in half promo. I have used T-Mobile before and really liked it was actually quite close to switching to T-Mobile and set up sprint at one time if it wasn't so expensive for me. Would you consider switching what's 50% off or is T-Mobile just so awesome that you don't care Who pay little more for quality service even though I say spring is quality too but a lot of people would disagree with me on that for some reason. I have noticed plus and minus is a both T-Mobile has better sound quality while Sprint has better indoor reception. Brett has cheaper prices but T-Mobile allow you to use data and talk at the same time. If you're not considering the sprint promo I'm curious as to why. I think spring is a great company and I'm shocked that they have so few customers and are in such a desperate situation as they are with a deal such as the one they are running. Sorry for the long post
    On a sidenote what makes you choose T-Mobile even if they do not have the best service at the moment. For example when I don't have service I still have Verizon another reason I went to Sprint but the mobile when I left the city service wasn't quite as good but when I had service I love my T-Mobile service. Even referred some family members over to them now trying to get them to come to sprint with me LOL
    I know people that are very happy with sprint but others won't try them until they see decent network changes

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Brett has the best cell coverage in the nation.

The half off from sprint tempted me until the phone payment made it null and void on the savings
    So wanna try Brett mobile now. I think T-Mobile should be worried about Brett. He sounds hard to beat.
    Last edited by gregorio102; 06-14-2016 at 07:09 PM.

Feedback Score
    Shopping not my spelling mistake supposed to say sprint didn't catch that one
    Can you reply that said that including the new phone payment doesn't make that worth it. You could always choose a cheaper phone. Also sell off your other phone kind of makes up for the difference. Or just buy the phone out right in the store and then you get to enjoy the savings. People always buy phones more expensive than what they can afford.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    We tried to port one line over to Sprint but neither of us could pass Sprint's credit ID validation quiz. It seems to have something to do with having 40 years' worth of credit history to pick questions from.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Well...
    Sprint only gives me 1GB of high speed of data in México and charges me $30/GB after that. I typically use 10-20GB a month of data while I'm México. This time I think I used close to somewhere around 30-35GB this month. Sprint would be charging me $300-$600 for overages during a "normal" month and I have other uses for that money.

The other thing is CDMA...
    No point in signing up for a carrier who uses CDMA for voice when all the other wireless carriers I use GSM/HSPA+ for voice and can play the SIM change game whenever I want..

Then, there's the fact that I don't want to join my co-workers when they wail about their Sprint service. I just don't want to join the choir. T-Mobile isn't perfect by any means, including their Stateside coverage and the network congestion in certain areas but with the alternative, I'm not saving any money, I'm just giving them free money. Sprint isn't going to cut those overages in half...they're going to want it all.
    Last edited by i0wnj00; 06-14-2016 at 09:56 PM.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6t
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm sure many of the people on T-Mobile today probably had an experience with Sprint at some point. I used to be on Sprint and never again. I travel a fair amount in Kansas and around the country and have found T-Mobile coverage to work better in most instances. When I first switched I did have to rely on roaming which to be honest was not much good. Today, I don't see roaming as often due to the expansion T-Mobile has done over the last 1+ year. In that time Sprint hasn't done much to expand. They don't have the money to expand just keep working on what they have. That would have been good enough had they had a larger network instead of the skeleton that follows the interstate system.

The second reason would be the data and voice issue. LTE and VoLTE solves this issue but Sprint does not seem motivated to move to VoLTE. This can partially be explained by a weak network still present in enough areas that VoLTE would be detrimental to the end user. With phones that are gathering data constantly while traveling for things like spotify, weather, email and so on, having the ability to have calls come through during data sessions is more important today than ever. I think in one of my responses I brought up an example of my Verizon work phone. This phone has to receive calls all of the time. As an example of the calls I get, someone over the weekend dumped a hazardous waste and the police were calling to find out if they needed to keep people away and how far back. Thankfully, my phone wasn't checking email or the callback could have been delayed by 20-30 minutes. Voicemail notifications seem to be delayed that much or more if it a VM is left during one of those times. Unfortunately, calls dealing with hazardous waste are not that uncommon and they come in at all times of the day (less sleep for me).

I was happy with Sprint (except dealing with CS) but then the other carriers started expanding and offering better coverage. Sprint could just not compete anymore on the user experience front so I switched to T-Mobile as they were starting to expand. The promo for music streaming also helped make the decision as to which carrier I went with. I hope Sprint improves but I don't know how they will be able to expand the network doing the half off promo. It seems like someone is hopeful that this draws enough people so that the subscriber number can be pumped up enough to dump the company on someone else and let them deal with the issues. It is much like when Nextel was pumping the numbers up before offloading to Sprint.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score

Sprint stealing any T-Mobile customers

Verizon (or Sprint) phones don't miss phone calls if you're using data. I'm not sure where you heard that, and is completely made up.

An EVDO data session will be ended by an incoming 1xRTT phone call, as will an LTE data session on a non-VoLTE phone without a separate radio for data.

But a Verizon phone absolutely, positively will NOT miss phone calls because you're on a data session. Please stop spreading misinformation.

Feedback Score
    Neither will sprintlol

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Since T-Mobile has had the majority of new customer growth for several years now... I'd guess that most of the millions of customers that left Sprint... went to T-Mobile. Consumers who have had any experience with Sprint within the past decade and chose to leave.... will probably NEVER return. Promises, promises, excuses, iDen/Nextel debacle, WiMax debacle, etc. The people who walked away from that train wreck are probably quite thankful to be on another carrier.

T-Mobile is the better company in many ways. Financially Healthier, a confident CEO who has reshaped the wireless industry and continues to innovate, and wherever there is comparable coverage... I would argue it's always the superior network (VoLTE, etc).

People LIKE T-Mobile. People HATE Sprint. Say what you will, but Sprint EARNED that hatred and deserved to lose the millions of customers that they did. Their only hope is to re-invent themselves and look for NEW customers. Previous victims of their nightmare will probably never go back.

I would also add that (in my opinion) Softbank is a boring, non innovative company that is out of touch with the needs and wants of American consumers. As long as they own Sprint.... I would not count on any bold moves.
    Last edited by cellphone-guy; 06-15-2016 at 02:57 AM.

Feedback Score
    T-Mobile offers more bang for your buck.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    Since T-Mobile has had the majority of new customer growth for several years now... I'd guess that most of the millions of customers that left Sprint... went to T-Mobile. Consumers who have had any experience with Sprint within the past decade and chose to leave.... will probably NEVER return. Promises, promises, excuses, iDen/Nextel debacle, WiMax debacle, etc. The people who walked away from that train wreck are probably quite thankful to be on another carrier.

T-Mobile is the better company in many ways. Financially Healthier, a confident CEO who has reshaped the wireless industry and continues to innovate, and wherever there is comparable coverage... I would argue it's always the superior network (VoLTE, etc).

People LIKE T-Mobile. People HATE Sprint. Say what you will, but Sprint EARNED that hatred and deserved to lose the millions of customers that they did. Their only hope is to re-invent themselves and look for NEW customers. Previous victims of their nightmare will probably never go back.

I would also add that (in my opinion) Softbank is a boring, non innovative company that is out of touch with the needs and wants of American consumers. As long as they own Sprint.... I would not count on any bold moves.
    Son came to the US in search of a "cash cow." Tried to sell citizens on his big grandiose plans. How's that working out?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast