Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 54

Thread: Sprint stealing any T-Mobile customers

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,996
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGW View Post
    Verizon 4G LTE phones are all unlocked on the GSM side. So that whole argument is false. The phone I use on "Verizon" (actually Selectel Wireless) is the Moto X Pure and it has radios for ALL the US networks. But so do ALL Verizon 4G phones. They have to have GSM radios included and UNLOCKED by law. The were forced to in order to get some radio spectrum they wanted.
    That's not true from I've seen. The Verizon S7 won't really work well on anyone other than Verizon due to a lack of bands.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    756
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post
    That's not true from I've seen. The Verizon S7 won't really work well on anyone other than Verizon due to a lack of bands.
    It's missing 12/17.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    15,695
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post
    That's not true from I've seen. The Verizon S7 won't really work well on anyone other than Verizon due to a lack of bands.
    One of the reasons I'm leery of Samsung phones. They are so customized to the specific carrier that they are really suboptimal on any other carrier, even if unlocked.
    Donald Newcomb

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    180
    Feedback Score
    0
    "The calls go straight to voicemail as tested many times in the office and by IT. I have had CMDA and GSM devices over the years and this does happen occasionally. It isn't suppose to be that way anymore but it happens. There are others that report the same behavior on Sprint and Verizon. Some have found a solution by disabling LTE. The fact of the matter is CDMA needs to go as it just doesn't play well with LTE.

    Being that I have an emergency notification phone there is a lot more investigating that goes on both on the Verizon end and the state IT end of things to find the issue. Everyone concluded that it is the phone not working well while in data sessions and the phone needs to be changed out for a VoLTE device. Only reason an iPhone 5S was bought was Verizon was giving them away to clear inventory several months back. "


    It's just the circuits being busy during the Network Vision upgrades if it was a year or more ago. Smaller Cities and towns had a rough time of it. CDMA works fine and cuts DATA off for voice. (Unless you block calls while using hotspot). If the call isn't coming in, it's a network / handset issue. If it was ZTE or Kyocera, then maybe that might be the problem. Or reception: If your the furthest customer away from the site on CDMA, your can be inside then outside the bubble of coverage. CDMA coverage grows and shrinks.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3,105
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech guy4 View Post
    Here comes in where I ask my question how many of you who have T-Mobile have considered the sprints cut your bill in half promo.
    T-Mobile has lousy coverage, much worse than AT&T or Verizon. Sprint, however, is even worse nationwide. I can't imagine T-Mobile users wanting to trade poor coverage for even worse coverage unless they are in real dire straits financially or something. I'd want much better coverage, not moving to something somewhat worse.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CMA003 (Chicagoland)
    Posts
    2,674
    Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by macuser09 View Post
    The calls go straight to voicemail as tested many times in the office and by IT. I have had CMDA and GSM devices over the years and this does happen occasionally. It isn't suppose to be that way anymore but it happens. There are others that report the same behavior on Sprint and Verizon. Some have found a solution by disabling LTE. The fact of the matter is CDMA needs to go as it just doesn't play well with LTE.

    Being that I have an emergency notification phone there is a lot more investigating that goes on both on the Verizon end and the state IT end of things to find the issue. Everyone concluded that it is the phone not working well while in data sessions and the phone needs to be changed out for a VoLTE device. Only reason an iPhone 5S was bought was Verizon was giving them away to clear inventory several months back.
    Again, stop spreading misinformation. Stop it. Just stop. CDMA and GSM phone DO NOT MISS CALLS WHEN USING DATA.

    Please show the results from your "IT department" that prove this, because I'm sure the engineers at Qualcomm would love to see how you exposed this critical flaw in CDMA technology, that has been in use for over 2 decades.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    756
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Again, stop spreading misinformation. Stop it. Just stop. CDMA and GSM phone DO NOT MISS CALLS WHEN USING DATA.

    Please show the results from your "IT department" that prove this, because I'm sure the engineers at Qualcomm would love to see how you exposed this critical flaw in CDMA technology, that has been in use for over 2 decades.
    Considering there are more users on CDMA in this country than GSM...that would be major news lol.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,996
    Feedback Score
    0
    I can actually test if CDMA will drop or miss calls when using data. My iPhone 5s has no VoLTE support, so calls are routed through 1x.

    How much data needs to be used to miss the call? Streaming Spotify? YouTube?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,092
    Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    This is the one that I love....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Topeka
    Posts
    1,834
    Device(s)
    OnePlus 6t
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post
    I can actually test if CDMA will drop or miss calls when using data. My iPhone 5s has no VoLTE support, so calls are routed through 1x.

    How much data needs to be used to miss the call? Streaming Spotify? YouTube?
    It generally happens when it is trying to access the mail server at work. Of course, this takes varying amounts of time depending on how fast the server is running. As I said above this is the reason IT provided which was provided by Verizon. Of course one of them wants to sell phones and instead of it being a device issue just blame it on something else. Not like the account is going anywhere so Verizon can blame it on just about anything without fear of losing the account.

    It is hard to explain how a call is missed with no record of a missed call in the call log. The voicemail notification is often delayed by 1+ hour when this happens.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    756
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    This is the one that I love....
    Not sure it's any worse than this....son at least looks like fun in that pic, John looks like that crazy uncle nobody wants their kids around.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CMA003 (Chicagoland)
    Posts
    2,674
    Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by macuser09 View Post
    It generally happens when it is trying to access the mail server at work. Of course, this takes varying amounts of time depending on how fast the server is running. As I said above this is the reason IT provided which was provided by Verizon. Of course one of them wants to sell phones and instead of it being a device issue just blame it on something else. Not like the account is going anywhere so Verizon can blame it on just about anything without fear of losing the account.

    It is hard to explain how a call is missed with no record of a missed call in the call log. The voicemail notification is often delayed by 1+ hour when this happens.
    No disrespect, but I know Verizon and I know IT guys. They're blowing smoke up your *** to to get you to go away when there's obviously a network problem or overload, or some handset issue that they can't resolve. I've been using data on Verizon since the "browser" on my original StarTac, and I can assure you that data sessions are definitely not the cause of the missed calls.

    I would guess that the network is overloaded in your area or there is a local source of interference causing you to miss calls.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,309
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Again we got a ton of people that don't even have T-Mobile telling real T-Mobile customers how bad they think T-Mobile service is. Just more proof that people are being paid to attack T-Mobile since they are kicking the other networks butts with a quality service at a better price.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    502
    Carrier(s)
    All major providers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Again we got a ton of people that don't even have T-Mobile telling real T-Mobile customers how bad they think T-Mobile service is. Just more proof that people are being paid to attack T-Mobile since they are kicking the other networks butts with a quality service at a better price.
    I've covered this in various other threads, but it's the same shallow social proof style mechanism that's a part of the human condition. Humans create groups, form in group preference and then find justifications (real or imagined) to elevate their status against other groups.

    They will only change groups or leave if they see others doing it first.

    T-Mobile users are not immune from this either, but what the OP really wanted was some social proof that him choosing Sprint was great. And if he can convince others to switch, or meet others who have switched, it helps him justify his reasons for switching. At a minimum the OP will enjoy seeing VZW and ATT users bash T-Mobile because it at least validates part of his decision.

    When he see's that not very many people are switching to Sprint, it makes him question his decision. Verizon does not port negatively to Sprint. ATT does. Perhaps the OP would find the comfort and warmth of other switchers validating his choice in that forum? T-Mobile ports positively with all other carriers including sprint. Most Sprint users who move to T-Mobile choose MetroPCS. Which means you wont find many defectors to any carrier in a T-Mobile forum.

    Human psychology is fascinating, and the amount of people who play right into typical human behaviors, without even realizing it, is crazy.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Murland
    Posts
    1,495
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by macuser09 View Post
    The calls go straight to voicemail as tested many times in the office and by IT. I have had CMDA and GSM devices over the years and this does happen occasionally. It isn't suppose to be that way anymore but it happens. There are others that report the same behavior on Sprint and Verizon. Some have found a solution by disabling LTE. The fact of the matter is CDMA needs to go as it just doesn't play well with LTE.

    Being that I have an emergency notification phone there is a lot more investigating that goes on both on the Verizon end and the state IT end of things to find the issue. Everyone concluded that it is the phone not working well while in data sessions and the phone needs to be changed out for a VoLTE device. Only reason an iPhone 5S was bought was Verizon was giving them away to clear inventory several months back.
    The whole GSM vs CDMA argument is mostly bunk. I use both CDMA and GSM carriers for personal and work. Yes, I think the experience for text/talk/data is smoother using GSM, but it's also how the network is managed and executed. For example, in my experience AT&T is subpar in the DC Metro for data and calls. I frequently missed phone calls on AT&T and data would timeout at ballgames (Nationals Park, Camden Yards) or concerts (Jiffy Lube Live, Merriweather, etc). In my experience, T-Mobile and Verizon would continue to chug along in these high demand areas. Now, when I go to Myrtle Beach with T-Mobile, I'd get slow data performance and poor call performance with Verizon in Florida. In my opinion, if you're missing calls or have poor data performance, then you've got a crappy phone or your carrier isn't up to snuff; GSM and CDMA are irrelevant factors there.
    Last edited by MkVsTheWorld; 06-16-2016 at 10:51 AM. Reason: I guess it would help if I referenced the post I was responding to :-)
    nex·us [nek-suhs]
    noun, plural nex·us·es, nex·us.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trouble with Sprint Customers Texting T-Mobile Customer
    By babyblueblanket in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-07-2008, 07:21 PM
  2. iphone = T-Mobile / Verizon / Sprint-Nextell / any other mobile service KILLER
    By christian15213 in forum Other AT&T PDAs/Smartphones
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-13-2007, 05:19 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-22-2006, 02:53 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-13-2006, 08:34 AM
  5. any sprint pcs AND t-mobile users here
    By timhorton1998 in forum Sprint
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-26-2002, 01:15 PM

Bookmarks