Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 54

Thread: Sprint stealing any T-Mobile customers

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    178
    Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, and a Google Pixel 2 on the way
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by YCGrad View Post
    T-Mobile offers more bang for your buck.
    I would definitely beg to differ with you on this statement. I have one line each at At&t, T-Mobile, and Sprint and honestly I get the most bang for my buck by far from the Sprint line. I pay $70.xx per month to At&t for unlimited everything (probably going to sell this line soon), $30 per month to T-Mobile for the walmart plan (this plan is great but wouldn't work as my primary line as I use 3000+ minutes a month) and then I have a Sprint framily line at $45 per month with unlimited everything (no tethering). That price cant be touched by either At&t or Tmobile and honestly the difference in coverage here in Denver is pretty negligible at this point. The only two things I can't stand about Sprint are the lack of simultaneous calls/data and the fact you cant swap sim cards from phone to phone as I love to swap between phones at least a couple times a week. I would have already sold my At&t line and moved to Sprint full time if it weren't for these two issues...Plus in all honesty I still use my phone primarily as a phone unlike many users and Sprint destroys T-Mobile in coverage for voice calls. I've used both in several different cities and Sprint almost always can make a voice call where as T-Mobile has many issues. I will say though that data in cities is almost always better on T-Mobile but for me as long as I can pull 3mbps down I'm good for my uses. To me phone call coverage still trumps data speeds which is T-mobiles claim to fame from what I've seen in using them.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    756
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    Since T-Mobile has had the majority of new customer growth for several years now... I'd guess that most of the millions of customers that left Sprint... went to T-Mobile. Consumers who have had any experience with Sprint within the past decade and chose to leave.... will probably NEVER return. Promises, promises, excuses, iDen/Nextel debacle, WiMax debacle, etc. The people who walked away from that train wreck are probably quite thankful to be on another carrier.

    T-Mobile is the better company in many ways. Financially Healthier, a confident CEO who has reshaped the wireless industry and continues to innovate, and wherever there is comparable coverage... I would argue it's always the superior network (VoLTE, etc).

    People LIKE T-Mobile. People HATE Sprint. Say what you will, but Sprint EARNED that hatred and deserved to lose the millions of customers that they did. Their only hope is to re-invent themselves and look for NEW customers. Previous victims of their nightmare will probably never go back.

    I would also add that (in my opinion) Softbank is a boring, non innovative company that is out of touch with the needs and wants of American consumers. As long as they own Sprint.... I would not count on any bold moves.
    Plenty of people hate tmobile...look http://www.bbb.org/western-washingto...59/complaints/

    Also notice in the companies with 100 or more complaints section...its one...tmobile.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles/Canada
    Posts
    11,347
    Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Sprint for me is 'at least' as expensive as T-Mobile. If I was worried about coverage, I'd be using AT&T.
    Here in SoCal, T-Mobile is pretty much rated as good as Verizon. I pay $85 for 2 lines, which includes all of my Canada roaming/calling. Full speed in Canada/Mexico (not watered down).
    I've used Sprint in the past, and it was 'OK', but not great in SoCal.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    612
    Feedback Score
    0
    Sprint is so much better in colorado than all other carriers. 700 mhz helps t-mobile with buildings penetration and now I have lte at home where it was one bar of 4g before. Sprint has b41 at my home so speeds are 28 mbs Sprint has coverage in many rural areas around colorado and great highway coverage.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    756
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    Since T-Mobile has had the majority of new customer growth for several years now... I'd guess that most of the millions of customers that left Sprint... went to T-Mobile. Consumers who have had any experience with Sprint within the past decade and chose to leave.... will probably NEVER return. Promises, promises, excuses, iDen/Nextel debacle, WiMax debacle, etc. The people who walked away from that train wreck are probably quite thankful to be on another carrier.

    T-Mobile is the better company in many ways. Financially Healthier, a confident CEO who has reshaped the wireless industry and continues to innovate, and wherever there is comparable coverage... I would argue it's always the superior network (VoLTE, etc).

    People LIKE T-Mobile. People HATE Sprint. Say what you will, but Sprint EARNED that hatred and deserved to lose the millions of customers that they did. Their only hope is to re-invent themselves and look for NEW customers. Previous victims of their nightmare will probably never go back.

    I would also add that (in my opinion) Softbank is a boring, non innovative company that is out of touch with the needs and wants of American consumers. As long as they own Sprint.... I would not count on any bold moves.
    I also wouldnt call deutsche telekom exciting and innovative either. Here is the ceo of d.t. not exactly an electrifying individual...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles/Canada
    Posts
    11,347
    Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    DT CEO != T-Mobile USA CEO. In fact, the main reason that DT has taken T-Mobile USA off of its sell list is probably because of T-Mobile USA's performance. That is due to T-Mobile USA CEO's performance. I stand by 'NO' carrier. I've used AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, Nextel. All have their pluses and negatives.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    756
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    DT CEO != T-Mobile USA CEO. In fact, the main reason that DT has taken T-Mobile USA off of its sell list is probably because of T-Mobile USA's performance. That is due to T-Mobile USA CEO's performance. I stand by 'NO' carrier. I've used AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, Nextel. All have their pluses and negatives.
    Who said they are off the sell list??? This says why you dont hear about potential sales. Its not off the sell list its paused because they cant sell it right now. http://www.tmonews.com/2016/03/deuts...ctrum-auction/
    After the auction and more importantly after this presidential election i fully expect tmobile to be under new ownership. To who probably will depend on how the white house goes.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    502
    Carrier(s)
    All major providers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tritron7 View Post
    Sprint is so much better in colorado than all other carriers. .
    I just dont understand statements like this.

    Can you tell me how good sprint coverage is in these places?
    Dove Creek
    Mancos
    Naturita
    Revdale
    Norwood
    Cimarron
    Sapinero
    Kremmling
    Grand Lake
    Masonville
    Deer Trail
    Agate
    Arriba
    Springfield
    Arlington
    Sugar City
    Haxtun
    Holyoke
    Briggsdale

    I could go on and on.
    (For those that aren't familiar with Colorado, that's maybe half of the areas in Colorado that just T-Mobile covers where Sprint roams or has no coverage, let alone the places VZW or ATT cover that Sprint does not.)

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,618
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorio102 View Post
    I also wouldnt call deutsche telekom exciting and innovative either. Here is the ceo of d.t. not exactly an electrifying individual...
    Are you saying these guys are more "electrifying":







  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    756
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Are you saying these guys are more "electrifying":






    I dunno...Stephenson looks pretty electrified in that pic. So yes.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,277
    Feedback Score
    0
    Sprint is gotten slit better in last 2 years from my exsperence

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Topeka
    Posts
    1,834
    Device(s)
    OnePlus 6t
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Verizon (or Sprint) phones don't miss phone calls if you're using data. I'm not sure where you heard that, and is completely made up.

    An EVDO data session will be ended by an incoming 1xRTT phone call, as will an LTE data session on a non-VoLTE phone without a separate radio for data.

    But a Verizon phone absolutely, positively will NOT miss phone calls because you're on a data session. Please stop spreading misinformation.
    The calls go straight to voicemail as tested many times in the office and by IT. I have had CMDA and GSM devices over the years and this does happen occasionally. It isn't suppose to be that way anymore but it happens. There are others that report the same behavior on Sprint and Verizon. Some have found a solution by disabling LTE. The fact of the matter is CDMA needs to go as it just doesn't play well with LTE.

    Being that I have an emergency notification phone there is a lot more investigating that goes on both on the Verizon end and the state IT end of things to find the issue. Everyone concluded that it is the phone not working well while in data sessions and the phone needs to be changed out for a VoLTE device. Only reason an iPhone 5S was bought was Verizon was giving them away to clear inventory several months back.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    529
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by YCGrad View Post
    T-Mobile offers more bang for your buck.
    More bang for your buck includes all the unvarrier benefits.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    189
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    Well...
    The other thing is CDMA...
    No point in signing up for a carrier who uses CDMA for voice when all the other wireless carriers I use GSM/HSPA+ for voice and can play the SIM change game whenever I want..
    Verizon 4G LTE phones are all unlocked on the GSM side. So that whole argument is false. The phone I use on "Verizon" (actually Selectel Wireless) is the Moto X Pure and it has radios for ALL the US networks. But so do ALL Verizon 4G phones. They have to have GSM radios included and UNLOCKED by law. The were forced to in order to get some radio spectrum they wanted.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    756
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGW View Post
    Verizon 4G LTE phones are all unlocked on the GSM side. So that whole argument is false. The phone I use on "Verizon" (actually Selectel Wireless) is the Moto X Pure and it has radios for ALL the US networks. But so do ALL Verizon 4G phones. They have to have GSM radios included and UNLOCKED by law. The were forced to in order to get some radio spectrum they wanted.
    You can sim swap on Verizon just fine also. You can take your Verizon sim and pop it into another device and it works fine. No need to call them or anything.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trouble with Sprint Customers Texting T-Mobile Customer
    By babyblueblanket in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-07-2008, 07:21 PM
  2. iphone = T-Mobile / Verizon / Sprint-Nextell / any other mobile service KILLER
    By christian15213 in forum Other AT&T PDAs/Smartphones
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-13-2007, 04:19 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-22-2006, 02:53 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-13-2006, 08:34 AM
  5. any sprint pcs AND t-mobile users here
    By timhorton1998 in forum Sprint
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-26-2002, 01:15 PM

Bookmarks