Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: "62 percent chance of a default within the next five years" - Chicago Tribune

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorio102 View Post
    How do you know they don't have the money to pay off the loans? They havent defaulted on a loan....how do you know what customers will or won't do? Have you polled all 58 million sprint customers? You know, they havent stopped their network build out, again you are speculating. There is no truth to your statements. You don't know the difference between debit or debt, you would not be one I would turn to for business advice. Sorry.
    T Mobile is still improving their coverage and network. Sprint has not since they do not have the money too. Let's not forget that Sprint has not deployed all their spectrum. I would suggest you get your facts straight before you post. Sprint Selling Assets to Raise Cash as a Way to Manage Debt Here is a link to that online article http://www.eweek.com/mobile/sprint-s...nage-debt.html

Feedback Score
    They have the money as long as they are operating on a budget instead of a revenue growth model. They even imply this in their conference calls. They are the only ones running on a cost only budget. They choose promotions based on cost and cash burn and don't concern themselves with the potential revenue upside as they cannot spend more money without scaring debt holders. This is not efficient bang for the buck, but it is what they have to do. They even choose Postpaid over Prepaid every quarter as to where to spend the promo dollars. It's now 100% postpaid. Prepaid to rot now. They cut network spend by 1.7 billion to get promo dollars to allow for potentially higher sub growth in postpaid and maybe get some dollars for prepaid ads. The network is good enough at 6 to 8mbs average speeds with some discounting. Voice coverage is better then TMUS with roaming.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by idavenport90 View Post
    T Mobile is still improving their coverage and network. Sprint has not since they do not have the money too. Let's not forget that Sprint has not deployed all their spectrum. I would suggest you get your facts straight before you post. Sprint Selling Assets to Raise Cash as a Way to Manage Debt Here is a link to that online article http://www.eweek.com/mobile/sprint-s...nage-debt.html
    Sprint is still doing network improvements.....what are you talking about....if they stopped doing network improvements then how did they spend money last quarter on... network improvements....what does that article have to do with your post at all....I would stop posting. You are really giving T-Mobile users a bad name. They themselves would tell you to stop posting. Take the advice.

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreSpeed View Post
    They have the money as long as they are operating on a budget instead of a revenue growth model. They even imply this in their conference calls. They are the only ones running on a cost only budget. They choose promotions based on cost and cash burn and don't concern themselves with the potential revenue upside as they cannot spend more money without scaring debt holders. This is not efficient bang for the buck, but it is what they have to do. They even choose Postpaid over Prepaid every quarter as to where to spend the promo dollars. It's now 100% postpaid. Prepaid to rot now. They cut network spend by 1.7 billion to get promo dollars to allow for potentially higher sub growth in postpaid and maybe get some dollars for prepaid ads. The network is good enough at 6 to 8mbs average speeds with some discounting. Voice coverage is better then TMUS with roaming.
    My sister has Sprint. Network Improvements lol my sister has yet to see any in Cincinnati Ohio. I hate calling her cell because the call quality is awful sometimes I have to hang up and call back it is so bad. When we are out my sister has had to use the hotpot on my T Mobile phone since Sprint's network could not handle Facebook or Facebook messenger.

Feedback Score
    "Whether or not the right people are there or not remains to be seen."

It does not remain to be seen. Many people on Howard are from the industry. The "talent" at Sprint is basically an industry joke. The C suite might have a few talented people in there, but the rest of the organization is a joke. It's not unusual at Sprint to have a VP who knows nothing about wireless. That moron in your office got promoted.

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It does not remain to be seen. Many people on Howard are from the industry. The "talent" at Sprint is basically an industry joke.
    It does remain to be seen. Sprint has been a train wreck for years. Now their bad decisions is catching up with them.

Feedback Score
    It does not remain to be seen. Many people on Howard are from the industry. The "talent" at Sprint is basically an industry joke.
    Oh I highly doubt many on Howard are from the industry. I don't believe that for a second. There is a huge difference between working at a cell store or calling yourself a "tech expert" and actually being from the industry. Again that remains to be seen if they are or are not the right people. The story hasn't been written yet. If I was sprint the last thing I would worry about is what people who claim they are "industry experts" are saying about my people.

Feedback Score
    It does remain to be seen. Sprint has been a train wreck for years. Now their bad decisions is catching up with them.
    So wait you are agreeing with him by disagreeing with his original statement....take the advice.....

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So wait you are agreeing with him by disagreeing with his original statement....take the advice.....
    Sprint's Network is not even up to par with T Mobile let alone Verizon or AT&T. Sprints Voice quality is awful, data service is really hit and miss. Not to mention Sprint needs to do densification of their cellular network. Let's not forget that 5G will be coming around the corning in couple of years. Sprints debit is preventing needed investments in their network and customers are only going to wait so long before they switch to a carrier that meets their service and coverage needs. Sprint's bankruptcy would have happened quicker if it was not for Soft Bank buying them and intervening. But Soft Bank now regrets they even bought Sprint. If they had to do it over again they would have bought T Mobile USA.

Feedback Score
    Sprint't Network is not even up to par with T Mobile let alone Verizon or AT&T. Sprints Voice quality is awful, data service is really hit and miss. Not to mention Sprint needs to do densification of their cellular network. Let's not forget that 5G will be coming around the corning in couple of years. Sprints debit is preventing needed investments in their network and customers are only going to wait so long before they switch to a carrier that meets their service and coverage needs.
    Sprint doesn't have debit.....take the advice...stop posting....I sure hope you are not one of those people who claim to be in the industry....

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sprint doesn't have debit.....take the advice...stop posting....I sure hope you are not one of those people who claim to be in the industry....
    The investors, creditors, and finical experts disagree with you on that. They are worried about a bankruptcy which is a real possibility considering the current financial shape of Sprint.

Feedback Score
    The investors, creditors, and finical experts disagree with you on that. They are worried about a bankruptcy which is a real possibility considering the current financial shape of Sprint.
    They disagree with me?? They feel sprints DEBIT is out of control?

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score
    They agree with me? Great, at least some people actually know what they are talking about then.
    No they do not agree with you see these articles that all think that Sprint is financially unstable. http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...ess/160609610/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/s...602-story.html

Feedback Score
    No they do not agree with you see these articles that all think that Sprint is financially unstable. http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...ess/160609610/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/s...602-story.html
    I don't see anything relating to their debit there....

Feedback Score
    Sprint has debt. But debits are on the cash flow advisory/planning. This is how the 2 words get mixed up. They have to generate cash to pay debt. They wouldn't have borrowed if they had the money. They need really productive sub growth every quarter with only a few dollars in ARPU dilution while being very passive in their ad spend. They cannot overspend on anything under any circumstance. Including commercials and network. They cannot take chances.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast