Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cross Canada $44

Device(s)
    telus bb 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Cross Canada $44

It looks like the cross Canada $44 plan is available if you log into your account and click on change plans. Might be a better deal than current offers for some people

Sent from my Z30 using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile, Rogers, Public Mobile, T-Mobile, 3 UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesphone View Post
    It looks like the cross Canada $44 plan is available if you log into your account and click on change plans. Might be a better deal than current offers for some people

Sent from my Z30 using HowardForums
    Isn't that the plan that's basically like the Holiday Wish plan but includes $10/month service credits?
    All comments are my own opinion and do not reflect the views of my employer or affiliated groups.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry KEYone
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    I see it too but it won't let me see the details yet when I click on it

Device(s)
    Samsung S8, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonavin View Post
    Isn't that the plan that's basically like the Holiday Wish plan but includes $10/month service credits?
    Cross Canada Plan
    $44/mo.
    $10 Service Credit for Roaming, Pay-Per-Use and selected Add-ons
    Unlimited Data (5GB full speed allotment)
    Unlimited Canada/US-wide Calling
    Unlimited Canada/US-wide Picture Messaging
    Unlimited Global Texting
    World Saver Talk & Text
    Voicemail+
    Call Control (Caller ID, Missed Call Alerts, Conference Calling, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting)
    No Hidden Fees, System Access Fees or Activation Fees
    Use your unlimited features anywhere on our network

Device(s)
    BlackBerry KEYone
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    I read the previous forum on this, mixed reviews, I guess it would suit some though.

Feedback Score
    I'm on this one. So far I haven't found a better one. Don't travel that often, and if I need to be in the us for long I can add the add-on for o ly $5 since the plan gives me $10 credit a month
    Sent from my w510u via the HowardForums WP7 App

Device(s)
    Asus ZenFone 2 Laser w/LOS14.1
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile, Chatr, formerly Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Comparing this to the Holiday Miracle plan, the two seem to be pretty much identical. The Cross-Canada does cost an extra $4 per month, but includes World Saver and is eligible for the "Better Together" discounts. Is that accurate?

Device(s)
    Blackberry KEYone, iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Random question, but for the monthly credits, where is that shown online? I'm on the Everywhere 60 Plan and should be getting credits each month but when I go online, the balance is $0. Not sure if the account was set up correctly or not.
    Freedom Mobile Promo Everywhere 50
    8gb LTE data/Canada & US Calling &Roaming/Global SMS/Call Display/Voicemail

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ECBomb View Post
    Random question, but for the monthly credits, where is that shown online? I'm on the Everywhere 60 Plan and should be getting credits each month but when I go online, the balance is $0. Not sure if the account was set up correctly or not.
    Do you have any additional charges for add-ons? As I understand it, the $5 credit on your plan is part of the "Bring your own device" promotion and only applies to extra charges. If your usage falls entirely under the items covered by your $60 fee, there would be no costs for the credit to be applied against. Also, the credit is applicable only to a particular month and does not accumulate if unused.

Device(s)
    Blackberry KEYone, iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tvisforme View Post
    Do you have any additional charges for add-ons? As I understand it, the $5 credit on your plan is part of the "Bring your own device" promotion and only applies to extra charges. If your usage falls entirely under the items covered by your $60 fee, there would be no costs for the credit to be applied against. Also, the credit is applicable only to a particular month and does not accumulate if unused.
    Oh, that's how the credits work? I was under the impression that they would credit our balance $5 every month and another $5 would be credited again next month (I understand unused credit won't be carried over to the next month).

So essentially we never "see" the $5 credit unless we incur charges outside our plan features?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Cross Canada has the $10 monthly service credit, is eligible for better together savings, and has a $250 TAB
    Very similar to the current $45 Anywhere plan if you are not a heavy traveller (and if so just add the $15 US roaming feature)
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kav2001c View Post
    Cross Canada has the $10 monthly service credit, is eligible for better together savings, and has a $250 TAB
    Very similar to the current $45 Anywhere plan if you are not a heavy traveller (and if so just add the $15 US roaming feature)
    Does it still retain the $250 Tab if you switch to it now, or is it the $100 Tab?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I am on this plan. However I'm a prepaid so no tab credit. If I decided to go post paid, do i get the credit? Been on it since December 2014

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ECBomb View Post
    So essentially we never "see" the $5 credit unless we incur charges outside our plan features?
    Correct. WIND won't apply the BYOD credit to your monthly service charge. But most wouldn't know that before they see a bill, or studied the fine print.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    OK, so after inquiring at a Wind store, I was told that the Cross Canada plan does have a $250 tab limit instead of the $100 for current plans. I've just switched two plans from the Holiday Miracle 2010 to the Cross Canada and our tab limit remained at $250. (That was a relief, I will admit to being somewhat nervous while clicking "confirm" on the first change.) One plan didn't have an active tab, but still shows $250 available under the Hardware Upgrade section of the website, while the other has just over $100 remaining and still does after the switch.

I'm glad that this was posted here. We'd been considering the "Everywhere 45" plan but for our usage patterns the "Cross Canada" will work just as well while retaining the larger tab. Either plan gives us the "Better Together" discount that the HM2010 did not, so the net difference is only $3 per month (plus tax). I'm fairly confident that Shaw's plans for Wind will include coverage expanding more rapidly than we might otherwise have seen, and as such the value (to us, based on usage) of the unlimited voice/text roaming from the "Everywhere" plan will be reduced over time. The tab, however, will be useful in a year or two when the new spectrum and LTE come into service and our aging Nexus 4 handsets need replacing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast