Thread: How can I unlock prepaid to use on PagePlus before 1st year?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Tracfone)
    Feedback Score

How can I unlock prepaid to use on PagePlus before 1st year?

From what I understand by googling, "Verizon’s Prepaid Phone-in-the-Box devices are locked to the carrier for the first 12 months after activation (the exception is for customers who are deployed military personnel)."

My niece bought a Verizon prepaid for to use temporarily and only bought it about a month ago. She is done with the phone and will never use it again with Verizon as a prepaid or contracted phone. So now we want to use that phone on a PagePlus prepaid account we started for her father. When we tried to change ESNs with customer service, they said that the phone is locked by Verizon. Is there any way around this one year lock by Verizon? Unfortunately she is not deployed military!!! (Not that it will matter at all, but her grandfather is retired military.)

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score

How can I unlock prepaid to use on PagePlus before 1st year?

I believe you have to have it active for 1 month now, it used to be 12 months but has recently changed. Did your niece have it active for a full month? Or is there still a couple of days or a week left on her one month plan. If so, then wait for the month to end and try activating once the phone is deactivated on Verizon prepaid.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    When my sister gave me her old Verizon iPhone 4S, I didn't have to unlock it to use on Page Plus