Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile knows how to sell smartphones

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    The good thing is whether you love T-Mobile or hate them, their changes have helped others on other carriers in some ways. Can't dispute that
    Some have some haven't. I could argue that by their constant barrage of you don't need coverage everywhere mentality and them try to beat that drum it has actually hurt the industry in that it gives carriers an excuse not to upgrade or expand their networks.

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Zero rated options (YouTube and Netflix in 480p without counting usage) really helped.
    Yes, I have grandfathered $20 unlimited and $10 5GB promo. The latter can let me to watch YouTube with sony C5 ultra (as tablet) without counting usage.

Optimum/Cablevision

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fraydog View Post
    The only thing worse than Shilohcane's point is NotABiot's point. That said at least Shiloh has some technical knowledge. NotABiot just needs to hit the delete button on his account.

To the ignore list NotABiot goes. I am not engaging with people who are completely delusional any more.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    I'm eating magenta crow right now. For the second day in a row, Cricket has 0 bars nationwide. T-Mobile's one-third of the lower 48 is infinitely better.

Uncarrier Yeah!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fraydog View Post
    The only thing worse than Shilohcane's point is NotABiot's point. That said at least Shiloh has some technical knowledge. NotABiot just needs to hit the delete button on his account.

To the ignore list NotABiot goes. I am not engaging with people who are completely delusional any more.

I've been ignored him bro lol. He takes fanboying and trolling to a new level.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime on MetroPCS

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    OK, all the personal attacks and trolling is going to stop right now. Actually, none of this activity is supposed to be occurring to start with, but since posts are being flagged with the Report Post system and people still insist on continuing with this activity in a fight fest, I'm going to step in and give one warning. After that, if this continues I will look into applying additional measures.

If you have problems with a member, use the ignore feature, report the post OR PM directly. DO NOT continue with the personal attacks, trolling or other unacceptable activity.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile, RingPlus, Tracfone BYOP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    I love T-Mobile and I don't care if someone else doesn't.

I hate onions and I don't care if other people like them.
    Just don't breathe on me if you've been indulging in them.

Go Team Magenta!!!!!!!

Sent from my lovely LG Optimus L90
    Exactly! After years of T-Mobile prepaid, I switched myself and my kids over to the select market family match plan that is perfect for our needs. I rarely travel to areas not covered well by T-Mobile. If I do, I have ATT and Sprint-based feature phones I can bring along in case of emergencies. The streaming benefits/perks are just the kinds of things my teenaged kids love, and T-Mobile offers these things at reasonable prices. A win for our family.

If T-Mobile's lack of coverage nationwide or in-building signal weakness are dealbreakers for you, don't use the service! Thankfully we have choices!
    Self-professed gadget geek, serial phone-tryer-outer.
    iOS, Android, BB10, Windows...it's all good.

Currently?
    Main lines:
    Iphone SE x2, Samsung J7: TMO Select Market Family Match
    Iphone 5s Tracfone

How many active SIMs does one person need?

Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    Well put it this way, if you are an on time playing prepaid customer then they consider you an A class credit customer who can finance a phone regardless of your real life credit history.
    Isn't this a good thing though 🤔
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    The obvious disadvantage of prepaid that everyone forgets is being prioritized behind postpaid in congested areas.

Fortunately T-Mobile has Simple Choice postpaid where one can pay for a device up front or use a different method of financing other than EIP or JOD.

Have you read the forum rules lately?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post
    Isn't this a good thing though 🤔
    Aak all the banks that got burned by sub prime loans if it's a good thing.

If you have bad credit does a bank give you a unsecured no limit visa gold after making 12 straight payments on a secured card? No. Why would that be?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorio102 View Post
    Aak all the banks that got burned by sub prime loans if it's a good thing.

If you have bad credit does a bank give you a unsecured no limit visa gold after making 12 straight payments on a secured card? No. Why would that be?
    How is that remotely the same thing? Isn't the down payment like 25% on the more expensive phones?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post
    How is that remotely the same thing? Isn't the down payment like 25% on the more expensive phones?
    Not for prime credit customers. No. It's usually zero down. How's it the same? T-Mobile classifies a person as a prime credit customer for financing after 12 prepaid payments on time. It's exactly the same. Would a bank classify you as a prime credit customer and offer you their best financing deals after 12 payments on a secured card?

Think about that for a second. Hey you made 12 $40 dollar payments on time!!! Yea your credit is garbage and you've defaulted on every single other carrier but heres a $800 phone no money down!!! Need accessories for it?!? You can finance those to!!! Charge away!! Whatever you want no money down!!! Can you see where that could lead to issues?

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Not for prime credit customers. No. It's usually zero down. How's it the same? T-Mobile classifies a person as a prime credit customer for financing after 12 prepaid payments on time. It's exactly the same. Would a bank classify you as a prime credit customer and offer you their best financing deals after 12 payments on a secured card?

Think about that for a second. Hey you made 12 $40 dollar payments on time!!! Yea your credit is garbage and you've defaulted on every single other carrier but heres a $800 phone no money down!!! Need accessories for it?!? You can finance those to!!! Charge away!! Whatever you want no money down!!! Can you see where that could lead to issues?
    I can see that you have a problem with companies offering service to bad credit customers. T Mobile is offering a program to bad credit customers so they can get zero down on devices. You have a problem with it fine go to another carrier or invest in another company.

Feedback Score

This looks pretty close to 25% to me.

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1465417470.211247.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  45.4 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post
    This looks pretty close to 25% to me.

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1465417470.211247.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  45.4 KB
    Not to sure what you're looking at may wanna refresh the page with excellent credit pricing, either that or you are a T-Mobile customer and the page saved your information and it is showing your price for the device. but look...see all those zero downs? That's what prime customers get. That's what they classify a prepaid user after 12 payments.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Feedback Score
    I think the funniest part is people say it shows T-Mobile cares about the customer. No it shows they give a crap less about the customer and care about themselves. If they cared about a customer who has had financial difficulties in the past they wouldn't give them the same rope they have hung themselves with in the past all over again. They would gradually let them build back up. Maybe after 12 payments do a 25% down, or do 0 down on select devices. But why do that. Nobody will find that exciting and it won't help their numbers much. Offer them zero down!!! Lol
    Last edited by gregorio102; 06-08-2016 at 04:01 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast