Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: No data roaming in Montana with Simple Choice postpaid?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by idavenport90 View Post
    T Mobile`s roaming agreement with AT&T is Edge only
    No it's not. They have HSPA+ roaming on AT&T in many areas, which will only continue to grow before the end of this year when AT&T fully shuts down 2G.

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dnywlsh View Post
    No it's not. They have HSPA+ roaming on AT&T in many areas, which will only continue to grow before the end of this year when AT&T fully shuts down 2G.
    My experiance has been edge roaming. I have not heard of T Mobile changing their roaming agreement unless AT&T is letting them using 3G without an agreement due to them killing Edge.

Feedback Score
    My experiance has been edge roaming. I have not heard of T Mobile changing their roaming agreement unless AT&T is letting them using 3G without an agreement due to them killing Edge.
    At&t Roaming across Southeast Missouri (US-60) is all At&t 4g, but throttled to 2g speeds.

Feedback Score
    I have not heard of T Mobile changing their roaming agreement unless AT&T is letting them using 3G without an agreement due to them killing Edge.
    T-Mobile received a 7 year agreement on HSPA from AT&T after the failed merger:

http://www.theverge.com/2011/12/20/2...markets-of-aws

So there's still over two years left on that. T-Mobile hasn't used it much because they didn't want to pay the roaming fees---but they can use it anywhere they want.

Feedback Score
    AT&T is shutting down their 2G/EDGE data service. T Mobile`s roaming agreement with AT&T is Edge only so if their is no Edge data service provided by AT&T then you are only going to have GSM voice coverage only.
    It's the opposite, at least last time I checked about a year ago - it used to be 2G/3G but they shut down 2G (EDGE) roaming in MT, and you can ONLY roam on 3G. AT&T's network refuses to allow connections on 2G with a T-Mobile SIM in MT.

Feedback Score
    It's pretty easy to tell just from checking the map. In areas where it says: "Coverage is provided by service partners in your area. To take advantage, you'll need a phone compatible with Band V technology (3G, 850 MHz)." they have HSPA roaming.

The entire state of West Virginia, as one example, has had HSPA roaming for years.

Device(s)
    iPhone, Android, S60 and many more.
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (Feb 2001-2012, 2013-Present), Verizon LTE 2011-2013, MetroPCS 2013
    Feedback Score
    Having just travelled through MT I can tell you there is roaming data on AT&T but it's only 2G speeds when it worked. Like you, data service was very intermittent at best and usually didn't work. I too tried to get a trouble ticket filled but they claimed it was working correctly.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    twitter | Facebook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2