Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fido Roam (Tm) is now LIVE!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whipcream View Post
    Yeah I texted the 222 number - no surprise I'm not eligible.

This is with a $91+tax per mo spend. Customer for 12 years but not eligible for these roaming rates. *sigh*
    Some subscribers who are with Fido for that long or even longer did switch to a Fido Pulse Plan in the recent past, therefore Fido Roam is now available to them. Long time customers also has access to the new plans, up to you to decice if you have better benefits by keeping your plan or switch to one of the new ones...
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whipcream View Post
    Yeah I texted the 222 number - no surprise I'm not eligible.

This is with a $91+tax per mo spend. Customer for 12 years but not eligible for these roaming rates. *sigh*
    Roam Mobility is still an option. Slightly less convenient, but you don't have to worry about using up your Fido data and minutes.

Was in Florida with the family for 10 days earlier this month and with all the usage from the kids devices and mine, I used about 3GB, right at the beginning of my Fido billing period. Since I normally use 4-5GB at home, it would have been a pain to monitor my usage for the rest of the month to ensure I didn't go over.
    Unlocked iPhone XS Max 256GB, Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Carrier(s)
    Fido & Freedom
    Feedback Score
    I have been using Roam Mobility since they came on the scene but I just let my SIM expire because they just changed their validity period from 1 year to 6 months. With the increased daily rates and now having to renew every 6 months, I don't like the direction they're going. Maybe it's the higher US dollar hurting them but they also have more competition now so not sure about their strategy. They were good and a viable option (still is I guess if you need to use it every 6 months) but I'll look at other options.

Too bad I can't use Fido Roam either

At least I can still use Wind's $15 US roaming add on

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stately Automat View Post
    It provides him with a way to see if his plan is covered with Fido Roam. How was that not clear?
    He asked if his old (grandfather plan) was covered
    The response was to check if he has a Pulse plan

I think most people will agree they do not see any connection between why Pulse is required to roam

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post

I think most people will agree they do not see any connection between why Pulse is required to roam
    The new Fido trend goes through Pulse Plans now... That's how business goes...

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    He asked if his old (grandfather plan) was covered
    The response was to check if he has a Pulse plan

Yeah, but he wasn't asking why his grandfathered plan wasn't covered, just if it was.

As to why, well that's the business model and there's a very effective way of indicating to Fido that you don't support that, cancel your service. Just make sure to let them know that's the reason why.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, but he wasn't asking why his grandfathered plan wasn't covered, just if it was.

As to why, well that's the business model and there's a very effective way of indicating to Fido that you don't support that, cancel your service. Just make sure to let them know that's the reason why.

As opposed to what? Telus who doesn't require an in-market plan but charges 40% more? Koodo who doesn't offer a competitive by-the-day roaming service? Bell and Virgin who limit you to 100MB and don't necessarily give you a full 24 hours for each $5? It doesn't seem like Fido is entirely off-side on this one.
    Asus ROG Phone -- SIM 1: Rogers (10GB + unlimited) -- SIM 2: Public Mobile (talk/text/250 MB)

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

THIS!

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hurdle View Post
    As opposed to what? Telus who doesn't require an in-market plan but charges 40% more? Koodo who doesn't offer a competitive by-the-day roaming service? Bell and Virgin who limit you to 100MB and don't necessarily give you a full 24 hours for each $5? It doesn't seem like Fido is entirely off-side on this one.
    I dunno, get a data only plan on an unlocked phone and use a VoIP app and use a local sim when you travel? If you're looking to save money there's certainly options, just don't expect the carriers to go out of their way to point it out and understand that you'll be paying more in terms of a lack of convenience.

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score

Funny enough
    After this thread went back and forth arguing about why only Pulse plans are supported now older ones are

If you have an older package check your online profile
    I suspect it has something to do with the new plan launches but now old plans show Fido Roam is included in grandfathered plans

Will need to see if they revoke this afterwards but it is there now

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5S 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Fido Roam is sweet but since I'm on an old plan I'm not eligible. No way in hell I'd switch to a Pulse plan as my current plan is incredible given the prices these days (see signature).
    Telus Plan - December 2017 to Present:
    Unlimited Nationwide Minutes, Unlimited SMS, Call Display, Visual Voicemail, 10 GB Data = $60

Fido Plan - September 2013 to December 2017:
    300 Weekday Minutes, Unlimited Evenings/Weekends 5pm, Unlimited Canada-Wide, Unlimited Text/Picture/Video International, Call Display, Voicemail, 6 GB Data = $65.00

Device(s)
    iPhone Xr FIDO
    Feedback Score
    Go to US for a month. Billing starts on the 13th. Is it billed by the calendar month or the billing period month?

I think you're going to answer billing period which means in 1 full calendar month, you'll actually be charged for 10 days in the first 12 days and then start a new billing period on the 13th and now be charged another 10 days.

Thanks
    FIDO Network

Feedback Score
    Ok Fido offers roam like home only on pulse plan.
    My daughter got it and she can use her plan everywhere in her abroad trips. She had to pay that $10/day to use it and for US onky $5. For 10 days only/ month. Even if she stays longer

Sent from my LG-H812 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Wonder if Fido will follow suit with Rodgers and allow Roam like home on all plans
    I'm not telling you anything that you can't just google for yourself

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, HTC Sensation 4G, Huawei U1250, Motorola KRZR, Sony T206
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToastyinCAD View Post
    Wonder if Fido will follow suit with Rodgers and allow Roam like home on all plans
    Wondering the same thing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast