Thread: Are ST SIM cards self programmable?

Feedback Score

Are ST SIM cards self programmable?

My friend bought a sim starter kit and placed it in his att iPhone and his internet and mms and iMessages worked after few minutes. He didn't have to change anything in apn settings. Will this work the same if in unlocked Verizon iPhone or unlocked T-Mobile iPhone 6s Plus ?

Feedback Score
    Iphones are a special case. They dont really have changeable APN settings. They get what are called "Carrier Updates" a few minutes after putting in an activated sim card it should change all the settings for it to work. Now there are times when you have to do a full OS update, but if the iphone is fully updated then you should just be able to swap.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmanspiff View Post
    Iphones are a special case. They dont really have changeable APN settings. They get what are called "Carrier Updates" a few minutes after putting in an activated sim card it should change all the settings for it to work. Now there are times when you have to do a full OS update, but if the iphone is fully updated then you should just be able to swap.
    Thank you.

Reason I am asking is that I have a friend visiting me from Poland Europe and she's bringing her iPhone 5s
    Can anyone tell me if her iPhone will work on any of the bands that straight talk on att towers support?

Below are her iPhones lte bands

iPhone 5s
    Model A1457

1 (2100 MHz)
    2 (1900 MHz)
    3 (1800 MHz)
    5 (850 MHz)
    7 (2600 MHz)
    8 (900 MHz)
    20 (800 DD)

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Bands 2 and 5 in that telephone are the only LTE bands which can be used with AT&T Mobility on Straight Talk. Voice should work since the telephone has GSM and WCDMA bands used by that carrier.
    Earl F. Parrish

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 on ST
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Model A1457 is not unlocked and will not work in the US. It is a European model and will not work here in the states unless it is unlocked prior to the phone's arrival.