Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Best smartphone for $350?

Device(s)
    Motorola X Pure (3rd Gen), Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Motorola Droid Turbo is pretty close to all the features you want. It was just slightly over 5 inch screen if I remember, had a really long battery life and acceptable camera specs. The Droid Turbo2 is a bit bigger in screen, but higher end processor compared to the Droid Turbo. Both were Verizon phones.

Samsung Galaxy S5 is also pretty close to screen size of 5 inches (again just over) and it would be acceptable if the overall size is fine with you. HTC has a few phones with smaller screens too, but not sure of a specific model that would be a great camera and some of the other things on your list.

Lastly if the screen size was not mentioned, I'd look at the Motorola X Pure- but the screen on it is 5.5 inches- hexa-core processor too. They have been running a special on the designer version of this phone 32 Gb of memory (compared to the 16 GB on Amazon) for $299 direct on Motorola web site. It is a universal phone with the bands for all 4 major carriers. It works on Verizon contract - so I would think there should be no issues with it on the Verizon prepaid carriers. There is also an older Moto X (version 2nd generation) that has a smaller screen, older processor also than the Pure.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobile Share Value Plan
    Feedback Score
    I do love my 2nd Gen Moto X. You can pick them up for $200 from Motorola. It does not have the greatest cameras, but they are serviceable. Also, carrier variants aren't going to get Marshmallow.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilky View Post
    You can also get the Moto X Pure direct from Motorola for $299.99 + tax.
    I'm looking into this phone too. Thanks!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Motorola Droid Turbo is pretty close to all the features you want. It was just slightly over 5 inch screen if I remember, had a really long battery life and acceptable camera specs. The Droid Turbo2 is a bit bigger in screen, but higher end processor compared to the Droid Turbo. Both were Verizon phones.

Samsung Galaxy S5 is also pretty close to screen size of 5 inches (again just over) and it would be acceptable if the overall size is fine with you. HTC has a few phones with smaller screens too, but not sure of a specific model that would be a great camera and some of the other things on your list.

Lastly if the screen size was not mentioned, I'd look at the Motorola X Pure- but the screen on it is 5.5 inches- hexa-core processor too. They have been running a special on the designer version of this phone 32 Gb of memory (compared to the 16 GB on Amazon) for $299 direct on Motorola web site. It is a universal phone with the bands for all 4 major carriers. It works on Verizon contract - so I would think there should be no issues with it on the Verizon prepaid carriers. There is also an older Moto X (version 2nd generation) that has a smaller screen, older processor also than the Pure.
    Thanks RShea! I will add those to the list. So far there is the Nexus 5x, Moto X Pure, Motorola Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S5. Maybe an HTC thrown in there somewhere. Going to research these phones. Thanks again.

Good guide on cameras in low light:

http://mashable.com/2015/12/16/best-.../#9eOnSWfvEkqg
    Last edited by BlueNightSky; 05-11-2016 at 10:29 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    If you're okay with refurbished, Best Buy has a couple models. The S6 and S6 edge are some of the smallest, recent, Android flagship phones for Verizon. Of course Samsung prices are always high, and it's possible to buy new versions of most Verizon-compatible flagships from last year, like the LG G4 or HTC M9, for less than $350. I'm slightly confused how the first post turned into considering a Droid Turbo 2, since even my phablet-loving girlfriend considers some models simply too large.
    http://slickdeals.net/f/8738727-refu...?src=catpagev2
    http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Sam...9593,9774,9694
    Last edited by alluringreality; 05-13-2016 at 09:50 AM.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Moto X Pure Edition is on sale for $249.99 at Frys!

This is really tempting but I think I like the 5X only because of it's size.

Feedback Score
    Nokia 7.1 ($349)
    Cellunlocker.net - #1 Phone Unlocking Site on the Internet
    100% Guaranteed or your Money Back!
    toll free: 1-800-507-9077 email: [email protected]
    Unlock iPhone | Unlock Samsung | Unlock LG | Unlock HTC |
    T-Mobile Unlock App |
    MetroPCS Unock App | and many more!
    *Dealers, Stores, Wholesalers contact us regarding lowest pricing*

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellunlocker1 View Post
    Nokia 7.1 ($349)
    HoFo Mod should kick this poster off the forum. Advertisements for paid services have no place in subject threads.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    And a 3 year old thread, to boot!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    And a 3 year old thread, to boot!
    This poster has used a number of old threads in various forums to comment and place their unlocking ads. The Mod in a Tracfone forum closed a thread that was 8 years old.

Feedback Score
    Nokia 7.1 ($349)

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    This poster has used a number of old threads in various forums to comment and place their unlocking ads. The Mod in a Tracfone forum closed a thread that was 8 years old.
    Why? It's still a valid question, and I've been looking for a compatible device in this price range now for about a month and still haven't decided on the best phone to get thus far. Right now I'm seeing a lot of Galaxy S8+ devices on Amazon that work with Verizon for around $260 and if you add the $50 2 year warranty add-on you could get yourself an S8+ for a little over $300 that is essentially new and doesn't have any screen retention issues, plus the two year warranty that you could use to replace the device if something ever happens to it. I'm about to hop off of T-Mobile's awesome service only because it doesn't work at all in the boonies while Page Plus works everywhere I've traveled over the last several weeks. Their speed tests seem to be pretty fast, and even though they can't match T-Mobile it's not a bad service at all and am considering making the switch. It's either that or switching to Teltik and buying a Verizon hotspot to get data when I need it outside of the T-Mobile service area.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBrent View Post
    Why? It's still a valid question, and I've been looking for a compatible device in this price range now for about a month and still haven't decided on the best phone to get thus far. Right now I'm seeing a lot of Galaxy S8+ devices on Amazon that work with Verizon for around $260 and if you add the $50 2 year warranty add-on you could get yourself an S8+ for a little over $300 that is essentially new and doesn't have any screen retention issues, plus the two year warranty that you could use to replace the device if something ever happens to it. I'm about to hop off of T-Mobile's awesome service only because it doesn't work at all in the boonies while Page Plus works everywhere I've traveled over the last several weeks. Their speed tests seem to be pretty fast, and even though they can't match T-Mobile it's not a bad service at all and am considering making the switch. It's either that or switching to Teltik and buying a Verizon hotspot to get data when I need it outside of the T-Mobile service area.
    Might check out Swappa for Good > Mint, even new Unlocked Samsung Galaxy s8 models - just read the descriptions closely so you know what condition it is in. I noticed quite few s8 phones in Good condition for < $200.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3