Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: The Sprint Haters take another Loss... S is profitable again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorio102 View Post
    Not sure why people get into arguments here with the tmobile fans. Cmon. Most are prepaid users with mediocre credit who can't get approved on any other carrier. So of course they love tmobile. Otherwise they'd be straight talk users. Consider the source sometimes.
    What are you basing this opinion on?

Feedback Score
    http://www.investors.com/news/techno...bscriber-base/

Well the same issue investors have with the company for one...

2. Let's look at how the tmobile customer is valued by other carriers, they are valued so much that att is using cricket, yes cricket, not att but cricket, to try to woo them over. They don't actually want them on actual att no, but cricket? Yea we will give you 100 bucks in credit if you switch.
    Now if they were targeting metro pcs customers with cricket I'd get it. They are not. They value the tmobile customer as the prepaid customer. Now these companies get numbers we never see. They know what they are either losing or taking from another carrier. If all these high profit customers were fleeing for tmobile, why wouldn't att try themselves to get them back? No business likes losing money. But instead they offer then a deal on cricket. That speaks volumes

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Well snails are huge business in other countries to really has zero to do with u.s. business. If I posted that question to Europe and African consumers then maybe the point would be valid.
    So, what percentage of AT&T's total wireless business is prepaid, including goPhone and Cricket? Cricket is their major platform to compete against Sprint and T-Mobile.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YCGrad View Post
    What are you basing this opinion on?
    I'm wondering the same thing.

Feedback Score
    Not sure why people get into arguments here with the tmobile fans. Cmon. Most are prepaid users with mediocre credit who can't get approved on any other carrier. So of course they love tmobile. Otherwise they'd be straight talk users. Consider the source sometimes. That's why tmobiles future is as shaky as sprints to be honest. Tmobile may be the only company in the history of the world that released a positive earnings statement and their stock dropped in value that day. If someone can name one stand alone carrier that has survived catering to prepaid or low credit customers I'd love to hear it. All tmobile is doing is loading up on prepaid users and subpar credit customers so their numbers look better and they can sell off at a higher price and dump those problems on someone else.
    Funny thing is I have almost perfect credit, I've had AT&T, Verizon, sprint and t-mobile, all of them except for t-mobile have had zero deposit required for me, t-mobile required a $50 deposit for the first line and $30 for each additional. So in a nutshell t-mobile had more stringent credit requirements then the other three so you can STFU with your nonsense.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    Funny thing is I have almost perfect credit, I've had AT&T, Verizon, sprint and t-mobile, all of them except for t-mobile have had zero deposit required for me, t-mobile required a $50 deposit for the first line and $30 for each additional. So in a nutshell t-mobile had more stringent credit requirements then the other three so you can STFU with your nonsense.
    Not true at all. But good story bro.

Feedback Score
    http://www.investors.com/news/techno...bscriber-base/

Well the same issue investors have with the company for one...

2. Let's look at how the tmobile customer is valued by other carriers, they are valued so much that att is using cricket, yes cricket, not att but cricket, to try to woo them over. They don't actually want them on actual att no, but cricket? Yea we will give you 100 bucks in credit if you switch.
    Now if they were targeting metro pcs customers with cricket I'd get it. They are not. They value the tmobile customer as the prepaid customer. Now these companies get numbers we never see. They know what they are either losing or taking from another carrier. If all these high profit customers were fleeing for tmobile, why wouldn't att try themselves to get them back? No business likes losing money. But instead they offer then a deal on cricket. That speaks volumes
    What is this post in response to? The answer to why AT&T is using Cricket to lure T-Mobile subscribers can be found HERE.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    ...... But instead they offer then a deal on cricket. That speaks volumes
    What difference does it make to Ford if a customer buys a Ford or a Mercury? Their goal is to get the customer to buy a FoMoCo product. AT&T (rightly or wrongly) believes that their brand has value and that they can charge a premium for the "AT&T" logo. They developed quite a following when the iPhone was an AT&T exclusive and they don't want to be seen undercutting themselves by direct competition. But they know they must compete, so they have a 2nd brand, Cricket, for this purpose. It's what I do in their place.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbin View Post
    What is this post in response to? The answer to why AT&T is using Cricket to lure T-Mobile subscribers can be found HERE.
    To the person asking what my opinions are based on right above it? And yes....kinda confirms what I said....it's a way to take zero risk with higher risk customers.....no we don't want you on att, not going to take that risk with you. Don't need our investors questioning us on that. So go to cricket instead. We take zero risk there. I've never seen att try to lure Verizon customers with cricket. You don't see any cricket attack ads aimed at Verizon. Because it's a different client base.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    To the person asking what my opinions are based on right above it? And yes....kinda confirms what I said....it's a way to take zero risk with higher risk customers.....no we don't want you on att, not going to take that risk with you. Don't need our investors questioning us on that. So go to cricket instead. We take zero risk there. I've never seen att try to lure Verizon customers with cricket. You don't see any cricket attack ads aimed at Verizon. Because it's a different client base.
    I certainly think that you are constructing Mount Everest from a crawfish mound.
    Name:  5e5c1a72f6cc57981d7abdd3da8a7b99.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  21.5 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I certainly think that you are constructing Mount Everest from a crawfish mound.
    Name:  5e5c1a72f6cc57981d7abdd3da8a7b99.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  21.5 KB
    You're entitled to think what you want. Again it's not Verizon's or att's investors who are worried about how solid their customer base is. It's tmobiles. Because of high credit risk low revenue prepaid users. Again att didn't try to attract tmobile customers to att. If they were that valued they would. They used cricket. So people can whine cry say no and stomp their feet and hold their breath till there blue. Both those things are happening right now and both are true. So it is what it is.

Feedback Score
    It's not that they don't want them on ATT. It's more like, we're not willing to alter our ATT pricing model to truly competitive levels.

Feedback Score
    It's not that they don't want them on ATT. It's more like, we're not willing to alter our ATT pricing model to truly competitive levels.
    That must be it lol even though their tiered plans are about on par with tmobiles lol silly me. Silly investors for being worried about the same thing. I mean it's only their money being played with right? Why worry. A few guys on Howard forums say it's ok. Tmobile doesn't have an issue at all with credit risk customers. I'm sure that puts their minds at ease.

Feedback Score
    Out of curiosity, was it your intention to totally derail this thread? Until your comment on the creditworthiness of T-Mobile customers, the thread's comments were relatively on point. What does your comment have to do with Sprint's profitability?

Nevertheless, from the article link you provided:

“T-Mobile’s blowout first-quarter results not only include falling bad debt, but also near record-low post-paid customer turnover,”

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    It's sort of like Cadillac. At one time a Cadillac may have been a significantly better product than a Toyota and GM would never admit that the two are even in the same class. As long as GM can sell Cadillac's name at a premium, they will continue to do so. If they want to compete with Toyota, they will use their Buick or Chevy brands to do so. GM is trading on Cadillac's past. AT&T is trading on the name they built when they alone had iPhones. Were I in their place, I'd do the same thing.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast