Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Tethering and hot spots with non cricket phones.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for trying it. Maybe I just need to bite the bullet, and research how to root these LG's.
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    ^^I tried this on my own phone. The settings command does not work when logged in locally (through console) unless run as root. It does work when using adb however. This suggests the adb connection connects using a different user (with different permissions) than when locally on the device. So if you're rooted you have no need for this because build.prop edits can be done which fixes the problem once and for all.

Tl;dr back to square [email protected]#
    Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Going back about 8 years now since I've been on the android platform. Can't recall a single device that wasn't rooted. I realize it's not for everyone. It does make a number of tasks easier to achieve. Of course, rooting is a big no no if you do anything money related on the device.

XDA forums would be a good starting point. Rooting methods may vary depending on device model and android version. Make sure you have a way to recover (factory images) if something goes wrong.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10+, Moto X4, Moto G5 Plus, Blu R1HD, IPhone 6s, Defective Umidigi Power
    Carrier(s)
    VerizonPP, Red Pocket A,T,V
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by barotropic View Post
    Found a small glitch with the ADB command line fix for the hotspot issue: The change doesn't survive a phone restart .

But it shouldn't be a big problem to re-do the procedure, as long as a PC is available.
    So far, testing on a Moto G5+ and X4 the patch has survived several power off reboots.

Feedback Score
    Just got the Hotspot working on my Mate SE's by changing the APN a little: default,mms,fota,hipri,supl,dun

This didn't work on my OREO LG-G6 but does on the Huawei.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Just got the Hotspot working on my Mate SE's by changing the APN a little: default,mms,fota,hipri,supl,dun

did you just changed the APN type to default,mms,fota,hipri,supl,dun and hotspot
    started working ??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    did you just changed the APN type to default,mms,fota,hipri,supl,dun and hotspot
    started working ??
    Yes. I really just had to add: ,dun

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus XT1687
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I use an LG G6 Android 8.0 and can tether using PDA Net (paid version) using Wifi Direct mode. I can even connect my Chromebook to it. It takes a little more configuring than regular hotspot but works great for me even though I don't use it often.
    Peg

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    started working ??
    Interesting. My Mate SE does hotspot just fine on Cricket and AT&T prepaid without dun in the APN settings. It is on Oreo with latest updates from Huawei.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score

Which apn are you using to begin with. The honor 5x I'm on setup attnextgenphone and attphone instead of cricket when I put the Sim in. Maybe I need to switch to the cricket apn first?

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Whew, thought my Blade Z Max had gotten "the fix”. Had not tried it with the Cricket SIM for a while.

When I just tried the hot spot, seemed to take several minutes before my other devices were allowed to connect to the internet, but eventually were.

You guys with the Zte's sure you're allowing enough time for the phone to configure it's connections?

Gonna recheck my Honor 5x to see if that's the issue.

Edit: Welp, No Go for the Honor.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by gwite; 12-19-2018 at 06:27 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    Whew, thought my Blade Z Max had gotten "the fix”. Had not tried it with the Cricket SIM for a while.

When I just tried the hot spot, seemed to take several minutes before my other devices were allowed to connect to the internet, but eventually were.

You guys with the Zte's sure you're allowing enough time for the phone to configure it's connections?

Gonna recheck my Honor 5x to see if that's the issue.

Edit: Welp, No Go for the Honor.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app
    Try adding "dun" to your APN on the Honor 5X. It worked on my Mate SE which I posted about in post #154.

Feedback Score
    Try adding "dun" to your APN on the Honor 5X. It worked on my Mate SE which I posted about in post #154.
    What are your full apn settings?

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Idk if anybody still cares for this thread but I managed to get my phone to switch on its mobile hotspot. It's an LG V20 from AT&T programmed over to Cricket's network. I used the "SetEdit" app from 4A to change a setting because I got that blasted error about activating my AT&T Mobile Hotspot. I changed the value for "tethering_entitlement_check_state" to 0, and the message disappeared and boom! It was working.

It lasted for a while because I got a warning from Cricket via text msg, which I'll post the screenshot. Needless to say, I stopped tethering. Idk if any of you ran into this warning likewise. I was tempted to resume a couple times because Cricket does not recognize my V20 to have a "Mobile Hotspot" feature to add on to my account. Name:  Screenshot_2019-10-14-19-25-36.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  60.9 KB

Feedback Score
    Cured my tethering woes with Cricket by Switching my single line to the $40.00 25gb At&t Wally Plan deal. Get it for around $33.00 per month using 25% off Refill cards

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterRain View Post
    Idk if anybody still cares for this thread but I managed to get my phone to switch on its mobile hotspot. It's an LG V20 from AT&T programmed over to Cricket's network. I used the "SetEdit" app from 4A to change a setting because I got that blasted error about activating my AT&T Mobile Hotspot. I changed the value for "tethering_entitlement_check_state" to 0, and the message disappeared and boom! It was working.

It lasted for a while because I got a warning from Cricket via text msg, which I'll post the screenshot. Needless to say, I stopped tethering. Idk if any of you ran into this warning likewise. I was tempted to resume a couple times because Cricket does not recognize my V20 to have a "Mobile Hotspot" feature to add on to my account. Name:  Screenshot_2019-10-14-19-25-36.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  60.9 KB

I also have 2 unlocked ATT branded LG V20's. If your phone is unlocked you can flash the US996 firmware (USA unlocked) and hotspot will work. Along with debloated ATT stuff which is awesome.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast