Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Tethering and hot spots with non cricket phones.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I have an AT&T Galaxy S6 and it is not rooted, and I usb tether with it, no alterations, just downloaded easy tether. I've had it on the 2.5gb plan, the 5gb, and now the 10gb plan so I don't think what plan it is on matters at all. I usually don't use much data, and I've been tethering with them for over a year without issue. Also had an S4 before this that I rooted and did WiFi tether with.

Feedback Score
    I just downloaded pda net on my laptop first and then on my Oneplus One phone with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and it is working! Also working on my Nexus 6 with Android 5.0/lollipop.
    I am on the 10Gb plan and not currently paying for hot spot.

What are the consequences if you are caught or suspected of tethering. Do you get a warning or does your account/cell # automatically get cancelled. I will only be using tethering when I travel here and there but I just don't want to lose my number.
    Last edited by worldtraveler85; 05-15-2016 at 02:54 PM.

Feedback Score
    One Plus One runs Cyanogen. Tethering is baked into the OS. I would think PDA NET to be unnecessary.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    One Plus One runs Cyanogen. Tethering is baked into the OS. I would think PDA NET to be unnecessary.
    You are right. I know/nothing about tethering. I plugged in the USB to the one plus and then the Usb tether became an option and it just started working. Nice. But PDA net has an option to "hide tether usage"

Unfortunately, I don't know how/pdanet won't pair with my laptop bluetooth. would really like to be able to tether wirelessly somehow. Anyone know how? Maybe pm as to not hijack this thread.
    Last edited by worldtraveler85; 05-16-2016 at 04:45 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by worldtraveler85 View Post
    What are the consequences if you are caught or suspected of tethering. Do you get a warning or does your account/cell # automatically get cancelled. I will only be using tethering when I travel here and there but I just don't want to lose my number.
    No one knows because to date, there haven't been any consequences. Losing your number is not likely to happen but isn't an impossibility. If that's an unacceptable risk, pay the tethering fee, use a service like Google Voice, or just don't tether.

Device(s)
    V3i (selling)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady at Best View Post
    Hey peeps. I have the 20gig plan and thinking about adding tethering. I have seen the list of compatible phones. I recently bought an s7 from cricket with the intention of adding tethering.
    I was told by sales rep that the phone has to be a cricket issued phone to use tethering. They implied that I couldn't buy an unlocked at&t s7 and tether with it.
    Anyone know if this is correct? I could buy a new s7 on n ebay for 575. That would save me 150 over buying it from cricket and tax.
    I do have the cricket issued s7 now. Stoked on it because it doesn't have a **** load of at&t bloat ware on it.
    Not sure if the at&t version has a bunch of bloat, I only imagine it does.
    The cricket s7 only had 1 page of apps new.

Anyone know about the tethering
    I have a global S7 Edge (G935F) I bought off ebay and I can tether for free on Cricket wireless.

Device(s)
    Motorola W315
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel U
    Feedback Score
    I have a Nexus 5X purchased directly from Google. When I try to set up a hotspot it says to call at&t, but when I use my Project Fi sim it has no problems. Is there something I need to do to tether with my Cricket sim?
    WAR EAGLE!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flush View Post
    I have a Nexus 5X purchased directly from Google. When I try to set up a hotspot it says to call at&t, but when I use my Project Fi sim it has no problems. Is there something I need to do to tether with my Cricket sim?
    Are you paying for the tethering feature? There are extra steps involved if you want to tether without paying for it.

Project Fi doesn't charge extra for tethering, so that's why it works.

Feedback Score
    You need to root and change something on your build.prop. Google for thorough info

Device(s)
    Motorola W315
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel U
    Feedback Score
    I guess I thought root was not required on stock Android phones.

Feedback Score
    I guess I thought root was not required on stock Android phones.
    That used to be the case. Since KitKat, from Nexus 5 on, you get that dreaded message to contact carrier. They also disabled mirroring wirelessly to anything other than Chromecast, when I previously got my previous nexuses to display on roku. Google is going backward. #googleactinglikeapple

Feedback Score
    I guess Nexus devices are an exception. My devices running Lollipop tethered right out the box.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by afblangley View Post
    I guess Nexus devices are an exception. My devices running Lollipop tethered right out the box.
    You have project Fi?

Feedback Score
    Or I should say does your carrier allow for it? I'm talking about feature not allowed but carrier

Device(s)
    Motorola W315
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel U
    Feedback Score
    My wife is able to tether with Cricket on an unlocked but unrooted AT&T Fire Phone. Not sure what version of Android it uses.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast