Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Sorry Sprint, we tried but your process makes it impossible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    The times I dealt with Vzw, they were incredibly nice people and incredibly ignorant. I called 3 times once about a single issue. Each time I asked that their answers be verified by a supervisor, in the hope of getting a correct answer. I got 5 different answers, all 5 were wrong. But they were all really nice people, so no complaints there.
    I agree that you get wrong answers a lot but that is no different than with AT&T, Sprint, TMobile. The difference with Verizon is that the reps are at least nice and trying to make you happy. AT&T is not like that at all in my experience - they aren't even nice a lot of the times. Sprint off shores a lot of their phone CS, which I hate because the reps don't seem to understand the issues well. TMobile reps were pretty nice but just as ignorant as Verizon reps.

I have had service with all major carriers so I am speaking from my experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    Vzw store reps on the other hand were the biggest bunch of liars and con artists I ever had to deal with, and arrogant without reason.
    I hate the Verizon stores and stay out of them. The reps are under a lot of pressure from Verizon corporate to sell, sell, sell. It is an awful experience.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    Sorry to hear what happened. You should realize that Sprint stores are not the elite service centers of the US. Most retail stores actually don't have well trained employees. Most of the time when I go to a store, I find that I am often way more knowledgeable than most of the employees because I bothered to do some research online beforehand.

That's the way it goes these days with minimum wage workers. It wasn't the workers' fault that they were ill-trained, it wasn't your fault, it was Sprint's fault.
    So, throughout this thread it isn't Sprint's fault (even though it is - they failed to sign a customer up and have many other options to verify credit and identity that they don't use - I didn't answer any questions like that to buy a car and/or house). It now isn't the store's fault nor the employee - he makes minimum wage as an excuse to be a poor person and poor employee? Even when I worked at minimum wage jobs and was new or not well trained, I have this skill called 'empathy'. When I noticed someone was actually upset or not doing well because of the process, I'd at least be cognizant to it and do what little things I could.

Seems Sprint, the store, manager, and employee have none of this and no amount of money fixes it. Sprint needs to change its culture and that's the real problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    One store with a handful of employees vs. the thousand Sprint employees throughout the company.. Hmm lets see, does that really have anything to do with the company's current status?

No. It does has a reflection on the store manager and supervisors for not ensuring adequate training at their local level, but seeing as another poster here knows the process to complete what the OP was needing it shows that Sprint does have knowledgeable employees despite the company's financial situation.
    Yes, it does have something to do with the company's current status. These questions are flawed and I'm sure they aren't the only store to experience an issue with them.

Also, Sprint is in no position to have even a bad store. I'm sure a single store could sign up a thousand people in 3 months - that'd be a big chunk of the postpaid subs they got this quarter (22,000). So, one store can and does matter - they all matter. Sprint's turnaround is imperative that everything be running 110%.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Here's an update. End of the month and decided to try again to port my wife's line over to Sprint. She refused to have anything to do with Sprint, so I figured I'd try to do it under my credit. Piece of cake, right? Well the first time around one of the questions was the model year of my Plymouth Champ. This is a car I sold to the scrap yard over 20 years ago. This question kept me from passing. But wait. He could reset the questions and start over, giving me another chance to pass. This time the questions were 1) about cars I've owned at our current address 2) Cities I've used as addresses and 3) My sister-in-law's age: All of which I answered factually. I failed again. I have no idea why. The sales rep said, "Sorry but there's nothing I can do. You can try again in 60 days." My response was, "I have no intention of trying again either in 60 days or ever."

Sorry, Sprint. We're now two for two. The definition of insanity is repeating an experiment expecting to get different results. I have no intention of ever darkening your doorway again.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Sorry Sprint, we tried but your process makes it impossible.

I couldn't pass the test with those questions. Don't know my sister in law's age or model years of cars I don't currently have right now.

I wonder. do most people have an encyclopedic knowledge of this kind of trivia about their lives?
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Here's an update. End of the month and decided to try again to port my wife's line over to Sprint. She refused to have anything to do with Sprint, so I figured I'd try to do it under my credit. Piece of cake, right? Well the first time around one of the questions was the model year of my Plymouth Champ. This is a car I sold to the scrap yard over 20 years ago. This question kept me from passing. But wait. He could reset the questions and start over, giving me another chance to pass. This time the questions were 1) about cars I've owned at our current address 2) Cities I've used as addresses and 3) My sister-in-law's age: All of which I answered factually. I failed again. I have no idea why. The sales rep said, "Sorry but there's nothing I can do. You can try again in 60 days." My response was, "I have no intention of trying again either in 60 days or ever."

Sorry, Sprint. We're now two for two. The definition of insanity is repeating an experiment expecting to get different results. I have no intention of ever darkening your doorway again.
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    I couldn't pass the test with those questions. Don't know my sister in law's age or model years of cars I don't currently have right now.

I wonder. do most people have an encyclopedic knowledge of this kind of trivia about their lives?
    This is bizarre. Would going online lead to similar results?

Email Marci Clarris, senior VP of customer relations. [email protected] . This is really very bizarre. Carbon copy Marcelo Claure too ( [email protected] ).

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

I'm just curious - what made you even attempt to go back after the first encounter? Any business that acted in such a way and made it that difficult to get my business is sending an extremely clear message.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fraydog View Post
    This is bizarre. Would going online lead to similar results?
    I'd try it but they tell me that I have to do it at a store for a BYOD
    Email Marci Clarris, senior VP of customer relations. [email protected] . This is really very bizarre. Carbon copy Marcelo Claure too ( [email protected] ).
    I think I'll wait until I get the form letter, like my wife got, that says "your credit score is [>800] but we can't extend you credit", and staple them both together with a letter explaining why I'll be quietly chortling while Sprint spins down the drain.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post

It's weird that these third-party agencies seem to know more about a person than that person knows about themselves.

Feedback Score
    Do they still offer this?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I read a few posters mention that the half off required that a sprint phone be bought on payments , I took my moto x pure edition into a corporate store . I ported my number, they gave me a sim card and allowed me half off, no validation required.. Just had to port a number which I did from T-Mobile.. They did ask for my SSN , which I asked why and they said they had to have it on file just in case I defaulted on the bill. They also took a picture of my ID and I had to answer identity questions .. But in the end I paid no deposit or activation , heck not even a dime and , ended up with a postpaid account... YMMV

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by s.pearce88 View Post
    ..... and I had to answer identity questions .. ....
    Did they ask you detailed questions about cars you owned over 20 years ago? We discussed our experience with a fellow we know who's a cook at a local restaurant. "He just shrugged his shoulders and said, "Yeah. For me it's always the same questions about the only three things I've ever owned."

BTW, I wrote a letter to Sprint about our experiences trying to set up an account with them and received no response.

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Did they ask you detailed questions about cars you owned over 20 years ago? We discussed our experience with a fellow we know who's a cook at a local restaurant. "He just shrugged his shoulders and said, "Yeah. For me it's always the same questions about the only three things I've ever owned."

BTW, I wrote a letter to Sprint about our experiences trying to set up an account with them and received no response.
    Sprint uses a 3rd party system to determine credit and that system provides the security questions Sprint has to asks. It could happen with any carrier, but it can ruin an experience if this is one of your first interactions with a carrier.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    Sprint uses a 3rd party system to determine credit and that system provides the security questions Sprint has to asks. It could happen with any carrier, but it can ruin an experience if this is one of your first interactions with a carrier.
    That's sort of like when companies used to blame problems on "the computer" as if it were not part of their business. These days, when Delta's computer system took the whole company down for a couple days, the CEO knew enough to apologize for the company's failure. If the 3rd party system you employ is asking some customers impossible questions while throwing softballs at others, it's not someone else's failure. The telling thing to me is that Sprint didn't bother to respond to my letter. I'm old enough to believe that a company that does not reply to a formal business letter is not worth doing business with and is probably not long for this world.

Feedback Score

They asked me if I knew so and so ,they asked me what county I currently line in and they asked me what street I had previously lived on.. these were all multi choice question's

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post
    Sprint has an obligation to ensure that they only extend credit to the actual person requesting credit. In order to meet that obligation they have an identity verification system in place - all companies that extend credit do. So that is why I said this is not Sprint's fault. I hate verification questions, but that's the nature of credit.
    Of course it's their fault. We're talking about a credit check done in person presumably with a photo ID. These questions make sense for online applications, but are quite needless for in-person applications.

I know many department stores and even other cellular carriers that handle in-person applications with a photo ID and basic info, SSN, current address, etc.

Sprint has major issues if they are subjecting their in-store applications to more than that.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7