Thread: Walmart phone options for Page Plus

Feedback Score

Walmart phone options for Page Plus

I dropped and broke my cell phone this morning. Am in need of quickly getting a 3G phone I can use on the pay-as-you-go plan on Page Plus. Only store around where I live is Walmart to pick up a phone tomorrow. They have the LG Sunrise Net 10 available, as well as Straight Talk LG Sunrise. Can this be activated on Page Plus?

They also show a Total Wireless Moto E available, but can't get it until Friday. Is this an option to activate on Page Plus?

And there is also a Straight Talk ZTE Savvy Z750 available Friday; possible option?

I did try searching the forum for these phones and activation on Page Plus but didn't see any questions/answers that helped me. Sorry for the likely simplistic question, but would appreciate your help. I don't have anyone with a spare unused old phone I can get to use.

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by embagel View Post
    I dropped and broke my cell phone this morning. Am in need of quickly getting a 3G phone I can use on the pay-as-you-go plan on Page Plus. Only store around where I live is Walmart to pick up a phone tomorrow. They have the LG Sunrise Net 10 available, as well as Straight Talk LG Sunrise. Can this be activated on Page Plus?

They also show a Total Wireless Moto E available, but can't get it until Friday. Is this an option to activate on Page Plus?

And there is also a Straight Talk ZTE Savvy Z750 available Friday; possible option?

I did try searching the forum for these phones and activation on Page Plus but didn't see any questions/answers that helped me. Sorry for the likely simplistic question, but would appreciate your help. I don't have anyone with a spare unused old phone I can get to use.
    The LG Sunrise is AT&T GSM base, so no, that won't work on P+.

The 1st gen Moto E should work (TW, Net10, ST, Tracfone branded).

Check out the phones on P+ website - https://www.pagepluscellular.com/phones/
    Any of the phones listed there that do not say LTE should work. Some of those may be available at Walmart under one of those other brands listed above.

Another not on P+ site that should work is the LG Power.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So the ST, TotalWireless, Net10, etc. LTE smartphones from WalMart are not compatible with Page Plus? Our local WalMart has a Samsung Core Prime on clearance now for some reason with a price tag of $59.97 and I really wanted to buy it but it was an ST packaged device.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    In the OP's case, he needs a 3G CDMA phone. None of the TracFone brands' models you're likely to see on the rack these days are 3G only, and you cannot make the available 4G phones into that type (like you used to be able to do). The 4G phones can be used on PPC plans $30 and up.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk 2

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Oh I understand that...I just wondered if the LTE devices were blocked from being activated on Page Plus's LTE network since they require SIM cards instead of manual activation (i.e. dialing *22890). If the Core Prime from ST will activate with a Page Plus LTE SIM card then I'm about to go pick it up and see how good of a phone it really is.

Device(s)
    Motorola W385
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    In the OP's case, he needs a 3G CDMA phone. None of the TracFone brands' models you're likely to see on the rack these days are 3G only, and you cannot make the available 4G phones into that type (like you used to be able to do). The 4G phones can be used on PPC plans $30 and up.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk 2
    OK, I currently am using a Net10 Moto E 3G that I got from Kmart for $40 on PagePlus 3G pay as you go plan. The TracFone Moto E should also work, but only a new one (there are problems getting used Tracfones to work with PP). Just make sure it the XT830C model which is the 3G Verizon version (Tracfone, Net10, ST, etc sells two version of the Moto E 3G). Walmart.com shows the XT830C model as available at my local Walmart, so it might be available at the OP Walmart.

Feedback Score
    I ended up buying a ZTE Savvy at Walmart labeled for Straight Talk. It worked fine to activate on Page Plus; took just a couple of minutes doing the activation via live chat online with Pageplus. The phone is fine. It's 3G so able to stay on the $80 plan. The phone hasn't gotten the best reviews but I've had no problems with it. The only thing I don't like is there is just one quick tone when I get a text message rather than regular tones until text message is checked like I had on the previous LG flip phone I had broke. Thanks for your help.

Feedback Score
    My husband's phone keeps shutting down so I also find myself in need of picking up a phone from a local store. He is on the $29.95 plan so we can consider a 4G phone but it isn't a must. Do I understand correctly that the main thing to look for with a Straight Talk, Tracfone, etc. is that the model number needs to end in "C"?

Feedback Score
    Walmart has a Total Wireless LG Power (3G) on sale for $35. TW's reps responded/stated in several reviews that their phone cannot be activated on other service like Pageplus. I believe Tracfone's 3G phone in general can be activated on PP+ . Can someone help to confirm if TW's 3G phones can or cannot be activated on PP+ ? Thanks.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    It should work, others have gotten these phones to work.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by morlando27 View Post
    My husband's phone keeps shutting down so I also find myself in need of picking up a phone from a local store. He is on the $29.95 plan so we can consider a 4G phone but it isn't a must. Do I understand correctly that the main thing to look for with a Straight Talk, Tracfone, etc. is that the model number needs to end in "C"?
    Only if it's a smartphone. Feature phones that end in "C" won't work.

You can look here: https://www.pagepluscellular.com/phones/

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I haven't seen anyone report trying to use a Page Plus 4G LTE sim in one of the newer 4G LTE Verizon models from Tracfone (Galaxy E5, S5, or Core Prime), but generally the Verizon smartphones from the list maintained at the following link would be expected to work on Page Plus. The only Tracfone model I've read about with reported issues was the Galaxy S3 (Samsung Galaxy S III S968C), which couldn't connect to data service. It's possible there could be exceptions other than the Galaxy S3, but typically the Tracfone smartphones running on Verizon from the following list would be expected to work on Page Plus.
    http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2011...-straight.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EddiePhone View Post
    Walmart has a Total Wireless LG Power (3G) on sale for $35. TW's reps responded/stated in several reviews that their phone cannot be activated on other service like Pageplus. I believe Tracfone's 3G phone in general can be activated on PP+ . Can someone help to confirm if TW's 3G phones can or cannot be activated on PP+ ? Thanks.
    I just purchased one of the Total Wireless LG Powers from Walmart and activated it on PagePlus without any problems. The MEID is printed on a label on the box so you can verify that it will work before you open it.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    The Total Wireless LG Power is $40, at my Walmart, and I successfully did an ESN change today, from my Droid 3. It was time to retire my last Gingerbread (Android 2.3) phone.
    Last edited by mframe; 05-04-2016 at 08:58 PM.