Thread: Good bye to the Sprint forums.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Good bye to the Sprint forums.

It's been a good run but anyone can scold me if I create a new Sprint thread. I've had some good battles with Mr. Verizon logo and good conversation with others.

Cricket's new unlimited plan will finally allow me let my Sero plan die in peace.

I have no idea how whoever is in charge of what I touch on below doesn't get fired.

It took Sprint a long time to wisen up to stop allowing devices from Sprint's own network and its own MVNO's on services like RingPlus.

Granted RingPlus isn't main stream by far I can't see how allowing people to buy Boost Mobile iPhones for $150 and allow them to go on RingPlus for free is profitable.

Fast forward to today where I was checking out a Boost unlimited plan to see what tethering they offered (which 8gbs is better than Cricket's 0gb). I noticed Boost is still selling 5s's for $150...BUT now there is a credit associated to get the price down from $250 to $150.

Guess too many people bought those phones and added them to cheap or free service MVNO's that now it seems they force an activation to get it for $150.

People commented that they are clearing inventory. No they didn't. They are just stupid.

Sprint...the day late and dollar short company. See you in the Cricket section.

Sprint, Thanks for the free year!

- Moto e5 cruise (Cricket)
    - AT&T ZTE Mobley

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think you'll be back, but you'll have to experience it first hand to know why.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    I think you'll be back, but you'll have to experience it first hand to know why.
    I've been on Cricket for a year. With a dormant SERO plan at $30 a month. Not sure how I'll be back once it's gone.

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Left years ago and kicked myself for not doing it earlier. Not seeing that 3g indicator all the time, roaming or data that wouldn't work is nice. I still have a Sprint SIM to check things out from time to time and very little has changed in 2+ years unfortunately.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    That's how I feel. My city went from no 3G to 2 to 3Mbps when Spark launched. I've been using RingPlus to still test the waters. And Sprint is good enough for free or close to free with the gimmick brands. More power to those that it works for.

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by lip008 View Post
    That's how I feel. My city went from no 3G to 2 to 3Mbps when Spark launched. I've been using RingPlus to still test the waters. And Sprint is good enough for free or close to free with the gimmick brands. More power to those that it works for.
    I passed up all those free Sprint plans as the headache wasn't worth it for even a secondary phone.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I've been on Cricket for a year. With a dormant SERO plan at $30 a month. Not sure how I'll be back once it's gone.
    As someone that travels a LOT, I haven't found Cricket to be any better than Sprint 3G (I too carry a RingPlus line). I've lost count the number of times Cricket has been failed me. Basic places like grocery store in the afternoon, shopping center on Saturday, busy hospital, weekend festival, all the places you really want to use your phone. On one road trip, Waze would time-out because the network was too slow to download the maps. Another time I missed calls for an interview despite having full bars. Calling is a big problem, it takes 8-10s to dial out and I miss tons of SMS messages. I don't think many people realize that you're not just trading off price/service you're also giving up reliably. I'm just waiting to run down my credits because I'm too cheap to switch.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

We've seen the Gophone forum , Sprint and other reduce from people coming over to Cricket. I was fortunate to move from ATT to Cricket (same signal) back when it was called AIO. My price dropped from $250 a month to $100 for 5 lines! So I'm happy when anyone join our Cricket family. Welcome!

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    As someone that travels a LOT, I haven't found Cricket to be any better than Sprint 3G (I too carry a RingPlus line). I've lost count the number of times Cricket has been failed me. Basic places like grocery store in the afternoon, shopping center on Saturday, busy hospital, weekend festival, all the places you really want to use your phone. On one road trip, Waze would time-out because the network was too slow to download the maps. Another time I missed calls for an interview despite having full bars. Calling is a big problem, it takes 8-10s to dial out and I miss tons of SMS messages. I don't think many people realize that you're not just trading off price/service you're also giving up reliably. I'm just waiting to run down my credits because I'm too cheap to switch.
    Easy to do for me. I live in a moderately sized metro area and can drive north for 30 minutes and sprint has no coverage. I can continue to drive for 2 hours to a camp location and sprint has zero LTE coverage except for one tower about half way there. All the other carriers have coverage the whole way except for Tmobile. They drop about 20 minutes before the destination. AT&T and VZW LTE coverage for miles and miles but no Sprint for quite a ways.

Not just in my area, comparing the maps it is easy to see Sprint has no coverage where the other carriers do. It's simply no contest. Sprint isn't the carrier to have if you leave the interstate sprawl.

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Novatel 7730L, ZTE Mobley, StarTAC
    Carrier(s)
    Viaero, Commnet, VZW, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    That's basically me: freedompop, Ring+, and some inane 'half price' offers from last year. For the most part, Sprint works for me and at the price i'm all in. If it climbs to $30+/month, then I'm on the cricket train once again. I am impressed with Sprint's ESMR network coverage. Sprint should advertise it like T-mobile does their Band 12 network.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yeah. b1geast must be in the worst AT&T coverage area. I can replace Cricket with the word Sprint in his post and my Sprint experience isn't even that bad.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yeah. b1geast must be in the worst AT&T coverage area. I can replace Cricket with the word Sprint in his post and my Sprint experience isn't even that bad.
    I think he lives in no-man's land, LOL. it's amazing to see him drone on about Cricket even outside of Cricket forums, for chrissake.

It's been 4 months since I paid my Sprint ETF's to the tune of $360, to switch to Cricket. Best move ever. Don't know why I didn't do it earlier... I was naive, hoping Sprint's network would improve.

12+ years on Sprint, paid about ~$25,000 (holy $$$) to Sprint over those years for my lines... it was a good run, stayed way longer than I should have. I really hope Sprint turns it around somehow.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

My guess is that in some areas Sprint is a better deal, and in some Cricket is a better deal.

Certainly, my personal experience has been better with Cricket than Sprint.

Then again, somehow AT&T managed to fall to 4th place in the rootmetrics tests here in Seattle area. Sprint managed to climb to third place. AT&T has some serious congestion issues.

Mostly I find cricket to be more or less equivalent to AT&T except for the 8Mbps speed cap and a bit of extra latency.

I hope Cricket works out well for the OP
    Last edited by mch; 05-06-2016 at 08:59 AM.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie