Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 77

Thread: T-Mobile LineLink (HD Home Phone Service)

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    634
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8+, iPad Pro 10.5, Samsung HotSpot Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    T-Mobile LineLink (HD Home Phone Service)

    I was going to upgrade my @Home line to a LineLink until T-Mobile said that "Family Stateside International Calling" wasn't compatible with LineLink.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    77
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    For me, the problem has been that it's not possible to port a phone number from @Home to LineLink, so I will keep on using @Home for the foreseeable future.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    634
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8+, iPad Pro 10.5, Samsung HotSpot Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    T-Mobile LineLink (HD Home Phone Service)

    At one point I had 4 @Home lines on my account. Of course this was back when accounts didn't have unlimited minutes, except for @Home lines.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    443
    Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Layer7 View Post
    For me, the problem has been that it's not possible to port a phone number from @Home to LineLink, so I will keep on using @Home for the foreseeable future.
    Are you sure you still can't port a phone # from @Home to LineLink? The reason why I am asking this question, is that I recently spoke to a rep from the executive response team who offered to transfer me from my @home line to the landLink service (as the router is on the fritz) and he assured me that I can transfer my @home phone # and because I've had this phone # for over thirty years, I really don't want to lose it.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    77
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctechogirl View Post
    Are you sure you still can't port a phone # from @Home to LineLink? The reason why I am asking this question, is that I recently spoke to a rep from the executive response team who offered to transfer me from my @home line to the landLink service (as the router is on the fritz) and he assured me that I can transfer my @home phone # and because I've had this phone # for over thirty years, I really don't want to lose it.
    It was not possible when they first made LineLink available. I don't know whether it's possible now, but I doubt anything's changed. One of the reps I talked to suggested that I port the number from @Home to another provider (not T-Mobile) and then port it back to LineLink. I didn't think it was worth the trouble, but if your router is on the fritz, that may be the path you have to take.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by acadiel View Post
    Got mine in today. The web UI has a place to dump logs... and oh my, does this thing run Linux. The debug logs dump EVERYTHING.

    ...Firmware-version:
    1.01.32...

    Edit 2: The web UI user/pass is the standard admin/admin
    Scanning the latest firmware:

    Nmap scan report for 192.168.2.20
    Host is up (0.0033s latency).
    Not shown: 997 filtered ports
    PORT STATE SERVICE VERSION
    22/tcp open ssh Dropbear sshd 2012.55 (protocol 2.0)
    80/tcp closed http
    443/tcp closed https
    Service Info: OS: Linux; CPE: cpe:/o:linux:linux_kernel

    Web UI seems to be closed.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    443
    Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hi

    I ordered the LineLink adapter but the rep I spoke to said that I have to electronically sign an equipment installment plan agreement to complete the purchase.

    I was told by the rep that the device would not cost me anything so I'm kinda confused about whether or not I have to pay for it (he initially said that T-Mobile would credit my account for 24 months for the device but then said it would not cost me anything).

    For those that ordered the adapter, did you get it for free (no monthly EIP Plan to sign for)?

    Thanks for your reply!

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0
    I ordered LineLink to replace defunct atHome service. Experienced quite a runaround much like you're experiencing. Had to go through four different reps before it was shipped to me without cost. Previous reps all wanted to charge me either for the device or for shipping, after which I was promised a credit for the same amount. The mind boggles. Anyway, in my case, it was a roulette of reps before there was no EIP to sign for.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    443
    Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by terminalfool View Post
    I ordered LineLink to replace defunct atHome service. Experienced quite a runaround much like you're experiencing. Had to go through four different reps before it was shipped to me without cost. Previous reps all wanted to charge me either for the device or for shipping, after which I was promised a credit for the same amount. The mind boggles. Anyway, in my case, it was a roulette of reps before there was no EIP to sign for.
    Thanks so much for your quick response! Like you, I have [email protected] service but I knew I had to convert over to their LineLink service (after I received the letter from them stating termination of the @home service) by March 31st.

    I hope the next rep I speak to straightens this out as quickly as possible!

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,527
    Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctechogirl View Post
    Hi

    I ordered the LineLink adapter but the rep I spoke to said that I have to electronically sign an equipment installment plan agreement to complete the purchase.

    I was told by the rep that the device would not cost me anything so I'm kinda confused about whether or not I have to pay for it (he initially said that T-Mobile would credit my account for 24 months for the device but then said it would not cost me anything).

    For those that ordered the adapter, did you get it for free (no monthly EIP Plan to sign for)?

    Thanks for your reply!
    I went into the store and it was free, no EIP or credits to fool with. I just had to pay the activation urggg 'sim starter' fee and that's it.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    443
    Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    I went into the store and it was free, no EIP or credits to fool with. I just had to pay the activation urggg 'sim starter' fee and that's it.
    I had to pay to $20.00 for ordering this service over the telephone & $8.00 in taxes. I'm gonna call them back later to make sure I don't have to pay for the adapter.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,527
    Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctechogirl View Post
    I had to pay to $20.00 for ordering this service over the telephone & $8.00 in taxes. I'm gonna call them back later to make sure I don't have to pay for the adapter.
    Yea check! It's free in the store besides the $25 SIM card fee. When you get it home, go to your T-Mobile web account and make sure the correct E911 address is listed for where you'll use it too.

    I've got a plain ole landline but this thing is actually pretty decent. I like that it has E911 so if there's kids here they can grab a cordless phone any time they need it and call.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    634
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8+, iPad Pro 10.5, Samsung HotSpot Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    T-Mobile LineLink (HD Home Phone Service)

    I had the @Home device too and when I ordered it, I wasn't charged anything. I ordered via Twitter. I stop calling 611 and instead go on Twitter and ask them.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctechogirl View Post
    I had to pay to $20.00 for ordering this service over the telephone & $8.00 in taxes. I'm gonna call them back later to make sure I don't have to pay for the adapter.
    Definitely. Don't let them get away with it. The reps/stores have no idea what is going on with this atHome/Linelink transition. Tmobile's termination letter clearly states that it's a free transition.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    443
    Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hi.

    Has anyone had any difficulty in inserting the sim card into the LineLink device? I’ve had a tough time inserting it in and when I was finally able to do it, it got stuck in the device. I'm awaiting a new unit from T-Mobile and hopefully I'll have better luck this time.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-05-2005, 11:19 AM
  2. Rogers to offer Home phone service JULY, 2005
    By collage in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-22-2005, 11:48 PM
  3. Rogers Home Phone Service Launch Party
    By tequilaworm in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-11-2005, 11:12 AM
  4. Do Virgin Mobile (UK) lock their phones? (service provider lock)
    By HermesPanduck in forum Virgin Mobile USA
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-22-2005, 02:46 PM
  5. T-Mobile Hotspot w/Cell Phone service
    By cszulc in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 05:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks