Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile LineLink (HD Home Phone Service)

Feedback Score

T-Mobile LineLink (HD Home Phone Service)

Source

LineLink keeps your home phone affordable, simple to use, and gives you some of the same exciting features enjoyed by T-Mobile wireless customers:

-Keep your current number
    -Easy to install—simply plug LineLink into your home internet router/hub
    -Stay connected with young children or house-bound seniors who don’t have cellphones
    -No contract to sign

Seems like this is nice monetization opportunity for T-Mobile for customers who still use a land line, but don't want to pay for expensive service from Vonage, Ooma, Magic Jack, or Skype. I think it could use a few more features like a mobile app to check calls or the ability to use the number to make calls from other locations.

Although, Google Voice is free and works just fine with a ObiTalk.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Nice! I just may switch my current landline to this!
    - Chokaay

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have the old [email protected] line and I'm interested in this new service but I'm wondering if I would be eligible for it as I have the Select Choice plan. Hope someone chimes in that has the @home line so you can share your thoughts on this offer! Thanks!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if this counts as an "add-a-line" on your current account? If it goes on your current account, does Family Stateside International work with this?

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If I trusted VoIP I would get it, but I will keep my Telco powered land line for now. Great option and so glad T-Mobile chose IP instead of those stupid cell phone network based units. This will actually deliver accurate 911 location! Way to go T-Mobile

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chokaay View Post
    Does anyone know if this counts as an "add-a-line" on your current account? If it goes on your current account, does Family Stateside International work with this?
    Mobile internet. Possibly.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile has a very advanced IMS core, and this is a good way to put it to use.
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    If I trusted VoIP I would get it, but I will keep my Telco powered land line for now. Great option and so glad T-Mobile chose IP instead of those stupid cell phone network based units. This will actually deliver accurate 911 location! Way to go T-Mobile
    In many instances, towers stay up when other communication is down because many sites have backup generators and COWs can be rolled out at moments notice. Telephone poles can get knocked down and in many areas infrastructure is in shambles (See: Verizon Strike).

Hop, Skip, and a Jump from Tijuana, Mexico
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Not a bad price, but it is waaay more expensive than my $2/month MagicJack that basically has the same features.
    MOBILE HISTORY:
    TM
    * 16: Moto X Pure 64GB Black
    TM, Telcel, ATT
    * 15: Note 3, ZE600, 2720
    * 14: Galaxy Avant, Z600
    Sprint/ATT
    * 12: GS3, 2720
    Nextel/Boost/ATT
    * 10: BB8350i, 2720
    * 09: i9, BB7520
    * 08: Tilt, i450
    * 07: W810i, A707, 8125, BlackJack
    * 06: L6, Z520, 6682
    VZ/TM/ATT
    * 05: 7135, i600, V551, 6230, 6620, Z600
    * 04: V300, T610, 6035, 3390
    * 03: T720C
    * 02: Advx CDM4000, 9000, 9155GPX, Thera

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    At&t and T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So this is uses a SIM card to authenticate to the network? Could you in theory insert a any active SIM card into this thing? I'm thinking using my $3/mo 30min prepaid.

Feedback Score
    In the age of free voip service from Google, why would anyone pay for this? Here's a better option:

Buy an Obihai Obi200. Plug a traditional phone into it. Sign up for Google Voice. Put your Google Voice info into the Obi200. There you go...free phone service.

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    In many instances, towers stay up when other communication is down because many sites have backup generators and COWs can be rolled out at moments notice. Telephone poles can get knocked down and in many areas infrastructure is in shambles (See: Verizon Strike).
    The only cell carrier that has mass amounts of generators is Verizon, we lose T-Mobile after about 4 hours as well as Sprint and Verizon 3G stays up the entire time though we do lose LTE. The last big EF4 tornado we had took down all the telephone lines, though they were laying in the ground I still had a static dial tone. Also your cell depends on its own battery power where as landlines are central office/DLC powered.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+, iPad Pro 10.5, Samsung HotSpot Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Would there be any benefit to switch from [email protected] router to this new one?

Device(s)
    T-Mobile myTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tivoman View Post
    Would there be any benefit to switch from [email protected] router to this new one?
    I too am wondering the same thing. I have a t-mobile athome router. That thing is bulky as hell and I'd love to switch over to something more "current" and potentially more power efficient.

Can I simply call them to just have them swap out the existing AtHome device with this solution?

thanks in advance.

regards,
    ng

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chokaay View Post

So in response to my own question:

NO, LineLink does NOT count as a voice add-a-line, thus Family Stateside International does NOT apply to it. However, the current Stateside International add-ons (+$10/mo/line or $15/mo/line) are compatible, thus you can add those to LineLink when needed (i.e. have international guests staying for a few weeks that often call home).

In addition, T-Mobile markets this as a "portable" device and encourages people to bring it with them when travelling. I would imagine T-Mobile means U.S.-only (or maybe North America only) when travelling... it would be interesting if this device can be used overseas (essentially a U.S. number overseas like Vonage). It would be even MORE interesting if Stateside International applies to this device similar to Wi-Fi Calling (except wired), thus you wouldn't get charged anything for making calls to the U.S., Canada, Mexico (included in LineLink) or to over 70+ overseas countries (included in Stateside International). I guess the only way to find out is to have someone experiment with it.

And lastly, T-Mobile states that this device isn't compatible with Fax machines, security systems, dial-up credit card machines, medical alert dialers, ankle monitors, fire alarms. Guess I won't be getting this device then...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast