Thread: Ultra Mobile Unsolicited Daily Promo Voice Calls. 4 Requests to stop, still coming.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Ultra Mobile Unsolicited Daily Promo Voice Calls. 4 Requests to stop, still coming.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I have setup other customers on Ultra and they are not receiving these calls.

We have De-Selected the "I want to receive promotional phone calls about Ultra products and services." under Manage Notifications.

Four calls to Ultra mobile to stop this, and just received another this morning.
    The call is from 1-213-493-0629, and requests customer respond by calling 844-210-8370 from their Ultra phone.
    When the number is called, there is no answer.
    Last edited by Edward2; 02-24-2016 at 01:38 PM.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I did, but not exactly the same. The calls came from 1-518-333-1506, which is Albany, New York. The first time was disturbing because I was driving in heavy traffic. I tried to pick up the call, but it went to voicemail. The voicemail said something about Ultra Mobile and gave a number to call, probably the one you mention. It said to call from the Ultra number and stated hours in the Pacific Time Zone.

That first time I had on a bluetooth headset, so "picking up" the call only involved poking at a prominent button on the headset. But it was still distracting.

After that, more calls came when I was not so busy, but trying to answer them was futile. Nobody came on the line and after some delay, maybe 15 seconds, a recorded voice said "Goodbye." The calls came Feb 14, 15, 16, 17. I thought sure, I'd like to hear about a promo, but no person or recording revealed anything. I don't believe that I called the number from the message.

Device(s)
    Moto G7, Moto G7 Play, Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart, AT&T unlimited Data
    Feedback Score
    I received a call yesterday from that exact 518 number. When I picked up it said "sorry we missed you but you can call us at ultra mobile for more promotions to pay your bill next month." Thanks to that call, I will not be using the service again after I finish my free month next week.
    I put that number on block.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    And are these calls going to you even with your "I want to receive promotional phone calls about Ultra products and services." Unchecked, on the Manage Notifications page of your Manage Your Service web page? Mine are.

I had conversations with UM Tech Support yesterday and today again, and re-played the robo call message I had recorded.
    They are taking this seriously, and were apologetic, not wanting to loose a customer over this.
    They created a Case# are working to resolve this.

If you are experiencing this, you should also call and report this to the Tech Support department.
    Call 611 from your Ultra phone or 888-777-0446 from any phone.
    Last edited by Edward2; 02-25-2016 at 12:27 PM.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Nexus 6P, Boost Mobile ZTE Speed, Moto G5 Plus, Moto X4
    Carrier(s)
    SafeLink(T-Mobile), FreedomPop(AT&T and Sprint), Google Fi
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

I have always checked all of followings:

"Please select which notifications you wish to receive below, and click the Save Settings button to update your preferences.
    I want to receive promotional SMS about Ultra products and services.
    I want to receive promotional emails about Ultra products and services.
    I want to receive promotional phone calls about Ultra products and services.
    Language Preference:"

However, I have never received any over the years with Ultra Mobile! I saw $99/year deal for $19/month plan in this forum and signed up more than a year ago. The deal had run its course, and I am paying $23/month for $19/month plan in California for months already!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't know what boxes I have checked, but if Ultra wants to call up and offer me $99/year, I'll answer the call. Operators are standing by!

The problem is that the calls were from a robo-dialer run amok. The initial call has no operator standing by, no way to just accept the call. The message is not to call back to the number logged on my phone, but call a different number in the Pacific time zone. Only the first call left a message. In the end there is no promo and nobody to chat with.

Meanwhile, I am in my second month of Ultra service and enjoying it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I never registered my account on their Web site so I have no idea what boxes are checked or not. I got a free month as a result of Ptel closing down abruptly. And yes, Ultra Mobile has some nerve pimping me via voice to sign up for another month. I went into the settings on my caller block program and noticed they tried to call me again today In a week I am finished with them. Ultra Mobile is a low life company.

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by collegea View Post
    I never registered my account on their Web site so I have no idea what boxes are checked or not. I got a free month as a result of Ptel closing down abruptly. And yes, Ultra Mobile has some nerve pimping me via voice to sign up for another month. I went into the settings on my caller block program and noticed they tried to call me again today In a week I am finished with them. Ultra Mobile is a low life company.
    OT, which call block app are you using?

Carrier(s)
    TMobile, RingPlus, Tracfone BYOP
    Feedback Score
    Are you all using AutoPay?

I had Ultra for more than a year and just switched to Tracfone BYOP because it works out cheaper for me. I got promo calls about giving me a $5 credit for signing up for autopay. I took one of the calls, finally, and they told me that was the special promotion. At the time, I wasn't interested in using autopay. I told them sure - sign me up. They deposited $5 in my wallet, the calls stopped, and I switched my AutoPay off. Got five bucks and zero additional calls.
    Self-professed gadget geek, serial phone-tryer-outer.
    iOS, Android, BB10, Windows...it's all good.

Currently?
    Main lines:
    Iphone SE x2, Samsung J7: TMO Select Market Family Match
    Iphone 5s Tracfone

How many active SIMs does one person need?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    OT, which call block app are you using?
    Call Detector. Can download from Google Play Store. It's free to block calls and known spammers if you don't go for phone reverse look up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by collegea View Post
    You are probably signed up for everything including auto recharge .I got the free month as well and was trying to undo all their settings and accidentally recharged , now waiting for requested credit to be issued. Been trying to get my number changed for 2 weeks and have yet to get a response via the website cs. going to try us mobile's u pick plan .

Carrier(s)
    Cricket, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    After a conversation with a network systems Supervisor at Ultra, letting her listen to the recorded solicitation message, the calls stopped.
    About two weeks ago.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I got a new similar or identical call today, March 16. Caller ID said 213-493-0629 , as mentioned by OP.

That was a "live" robot calling. Now I see that she left a voicemail one hour earlier, calling from the 518 number. It is never a person.
    Last edited by JimWorthey; 03-16-2016 at 06:39 PM.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    One more call on March 17th, 2 on the 18th, 2 on 19th. Calls from both originating numbers. Please Ultra, this is crazy.