Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    This is a very bleak article about Sprint's financial situation...

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13458...-the-race.html
    Yeah I'm following the street.com on this too... it appears the buy back was a desperate last resort. Sprint may be the end of Masa and Softbank.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    pixel xl
    Carrier(s)
    google fi
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    sprint has been prophesized to a bankruptcy *since 2009* ..

they aren't going anywhere..
    >:-,

“There's no benchmark for how life's "supposed" to happen. There is no ideal world for you to wait around for. The world is always just what it is now, it's up to you how you respond to it.”
    ― Isaac Marion, Warm Bodies

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    This is a very bleak article about Sprint's financial situation...

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13458...-the-race.html
    Sprints financial situation is not Softbank's financial situation. I don't know why people don't get the difference. Softbank would aquire T-Mobile. It would just be done thru the Sprint brand name. They had a deal in place already. Obviously the financing for the deal is there. As far as stocks again if you are a fan of T-Mobile the stock market isn't where you want to point to. T-Mobile stocks are not leading anything right now. Even after their earnings report the market did not care. That is not a good thing. Even Sprint stock rose after they reported their earnings, and still continue to rise. They outperformed T-Mobile again today. Again people can boohoo it say they don't like it say Softbank is collapsing and can't afford it, the reality is yes they can, yes they already have financing in place for it and again unless you have the upmost faith the American people will elect either Hilary Clinton or Bernie Sanders and president the likely hood of it happening is high. If you want to blame anyone blame Deutsche Telekom for being lame duck owners.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by soco150 View Post
    Sprints financial situation is not Softbank's financial situation. I don't know why people don't get the difference. Softbank would aquire T-Mobile. It would just be done thru the Sprint brand name. They had a deal in place already. Obviously the financing for the deal is there.
    What's your source indicating Softbank has established financing for buying T-Mobile?

Again people can boohoo it say they don't like it say Softbank is collapsing and can't afford it, the reality is yes they can, yes they already have financing in place for it and again unless you have the upmost faith the American people will elect either Hilary Clinton or Bernie Sanders and president the likely hood of it happening is high.
    What's your source indicating Softbank currently has financing in place for a T-Mobile purchase. Softbank may have had financing in the past, but things have changed dramatically.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes being 100% serious. Look at the 600mhz auction coming up. T-Mobile has a budget of 10b to spend. Sounds like a lot right? Remember they were bragging like crazy saying how they were gonna kill at it and especially since Sprint isn't in it T-Mobile would come away huge. Well turns out Comcast and a number of small investment firms are also bidding and they may have a lot deeper pockets than T-Mobile and the 10b they had to save up and put away for the auction. Now T-Mobile says they are entering the auction as they do any other and will not bid unwisely. They do not have the financial resources to compete head on with Verizon or At&t and D.T. is not going to supply this for them. They cannot afford to get into a bidding war even with Comcast in this auction. That is where the problem is. You can talk about Sprints debt and lack of profits till the end of time if you want. Sprint has a wealthy owner who will spend money. T-Mobile does not. Again an agreement was already in place between Softbank and D.T. for a purchase of T-Mobile. All they were waiting on was regulatory approval. Obviously D.T. is fine with what Softbank offered and obviously the financing was there for it. T-Mobile does not have the financial resources to compete long term head on with At&T or Verizon. D.T. had even said this themselves more than once. I trust their opinion on it more than some random guy on a forum site.
    Sprints financial situation is not Softbank's financial situation. I don't know why people don't get the difference. Softbank would aquire T-Mobile. It would just be done thru the Sprint brand name. They had a deal in place already. Obviously the financing for the deal is there. As far as stocks again if you are a fan of T-Mobile the stock market isn't where you want to point to. T-Mobile stocks are not leading anything right now. Even after their earnings report the market did not care. That is not a good thing. Even Sprint stock rose after they reported their earnings, and still continue to rise. They outperformed T-Mobile again today. Again people can boohoo it say they don't like it say Softbank is collapsing and can't afford it, the reality is yes they can, yes they already have financing in place for it and again unless you have the upmost faith the American people will elect either Hilary Clinton or Bernie Sanders and president the likely hood of it happening is high. If you want to blame anyone blame Deutsche Telekom for being lame duck owners.
    I don't even know where you get half of this.

Your conjecture about the 600 MHz auction is wildly off. First off, let's assume these other entities going into the bidding will bid a lot - what will they do with the spectrum? Taking this 600 MHz is taking on a lot of responsibility that I don't think even comcast can/would want. Assuming you won all the 600 MHz - that's not enough spectrum to run a network today at any reasonable speeds. Also, the last auction had an entity like that - Dish came in and drove the prices SKY HIGH. Tmobile still bid strategically and seems to be quite fine with their position from the AWS-3 auction. Dish was also on a mission to acquire spectrum and actually has a decent amount already, so they are already in a better position than say a comcast buying it - to even partner with. Dish owns enough to actually launch a network, comcast wouldn't and would be stuck holding the bag.

Additionally, the last auction was just over 40billion. If Tmobile is spending 10 billion, already without the help of DT, that's 1/4 of the auction. We don't know what this auction will generate, but just using it as an example. Walking away with 1/4 would be amazing for Tmobile - an excellent win. Tmobile showed in AWS-3 they bid wisely and clearly have been purchasing and swapping spectrum for years now to ensure they have better spectrum holdings. So, yes, they can afford a bidding war if it makes sense for them. Additionally, Tmobile knows how to play the game of waiting - as I pointed out they have resources to build a network so they can out last squatters as they've done with 700A.

Next, how do they not have the financial resources to compete with the Twin Bells? I mean I'm not under any illusion that they are at that level, but many reports state Tmo is getting closer to give VZW and ATT a run for their money. They've been building out their network at a furious pace. They have been buying up more and more spectrum to make a better network. They operate the most towers already.

Sprint is in massive debt and losing close to 1B a quarter. That is ASTOUNDING, especially with the extremely high revenues Sprint has relative to that loss. Sprint had to have their parent company come in and essentially pay off a credit card with another credit card - a desperate sign. It's even more desperate given the rest of the financial woes of Sprint and Softbank. Softbank either legally cannot (I"m not up on Japanese law) or is unwilling to give Sprint more money. I haven't seen any massive cash infusions. They clearly have influenced Sprint to sit out ANOTHER auction because that costs money. Masa can only be bothered to spend a whopping 12 days a year involved with Sprint. That's not even a full 2 weeks to spend with a 30 billion investment and all the promises he made about Sprint going from last to first.

Also, I wouldn't want you running any businesses with me if you think Sprint shedding billions in market value and losing billions in profit a year isn't affecting Softbank. Additionally, where are you getting all this information on the inside workings of DT and Softbank? And the financial set-up for such a colossal deal? You are going off speculation on this. There never was any public deal because it was a junk deal to begin with. The financing was there... years ago now. Assuming all your speculation is correct, then doesn't equal today or next year. Sprint is worse financially along with Softbank for it - so financing may not be 'in the bag' as they say. In reality, Softbank is in major trouble holding Sprint. They need to decide to fix it now or cut their losses, totaling in the billions.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    I don't even know where you get half of this.

Your conjecture about the 600 MHz auction is wildly off. First off, let's assume these other entities going into the bidding will bid a lot - what will they do with the spectrum? Taking this 600 MHz is taking on a lot of responsibility that I don't think even comcast can/would want. Assuming you won all the 600 MHz - that's not enough spectrum to run a network today at any reasonable speeds. Also, the last auction had an entity like that - Dish came in and drove the prices SKY HIGH. Tmobile still bid strategically and seems to be quite fine with their position from the AWS-3 auction. Dish was also on a mission to acquire spectrum and actually has a decent amount already, so they are already in a better position than say a comcast buying it - to even partner with. Dish owns enough to actually launch a network, comcast wouldn't and would be stuck holding the bag.

Additionally, the last auction was just over 40billion. If Tmobile is spending 10 billion, already without the help of DT, that's 1/4 of the auction. We don't know what this auction will generate, but just using it as an example. Walking away with 1/4 would be amazing for Tmobile - an excellent win. Tmobile showed in AWS-3 they bid wisely and clearly have been purchasing and swapping spectrum for years now to ensure they have better spectrum holdings. So, yes, they can afford a bidding war if it makes sense for them. Additionally, Tmobile knows how to play the game of waiting - as I pointed out they have resources to build a network so they can out last squatters as they've done with 700A.

Next, how do they not have the financial resources to compete with the Twin Bells? I mean I'm not under any illusion that they are at that level, but many reports state Tmo is getting closer to give VZW and ATT a run for their money. They've been building out their network at a furious pace. They have been buying up more and more spectrum to make a better network. They operate the most towers already.

Sprint is in massive debt and losing close to 1B a quarter. That is ASTOUNDING, especially with the extremely high revenues Sprint has relative to that loss. Sprint had to have their parent company come in and essentially pay off a credit card with another credit card - a desperate sign. It's even more desperate given the rest of the financial woes of Sprint and Softbank. Softbank either legally cannot (I"m not up on Japanese law) or is unwilling to give Sprint more money. I haven't seen any massive cash infusions. They clearly have influenced Sprint to sit out ANOTHER auction because that costs money. Masa can only be bothered to spend a whopping 12 days a year involved with Sprint. That's not even a full 2 weeks to spend with a 30 billion investment and all the promises he made about Sprint going from last to first.

Also, I wouldn't want you running any businesses with me if you think Sprint shedding billions in market value and losing billions in profit a year isn't affecting Softbank. Additionally, where are you getting all this information on the inside workings of DT and Softbank? And the financial set-up for such a colossal deal? You are going off speculation on this. There never was any public deal because it was a junk deal to begin with. The financing was there... years ago now. Assuming all your speculation is correct, then doesn't equal today or next year. Sprint is worse financially along with Softbank for it - so financing may not be 'in the bag' as they say. In reality, Softbank is in major trouble holding Sprint. They need to decide to fix it now or cut their losses, totaling in the billions.
    http://www.cnet.com/news/t-mobiles-l...you-go-inside/

Well here is one place about the upcoming auction that says the same thing I did. What Comcast does with it is neither up to you me or anyone here. That's their business. But again it proves T-Mobile alone cannot financially compete with major players. They essentially admitted as much themselves by fighting for the FCC to set aside spectrum for smaller carriers. They're argument was we cannot compete financially with the big 2. Deutsche Telekom has said they cannot compete financially in the future with the 2 leaders. Masa Son has said the smaller carriers cannot financially sustain against the 2 larger carriers. There has to be something to that statement if each of the smaller carriers is making the same claim. Now you are seeing a change in T-Mobile's statements regarding the auction. Before it was Legere charging the way. We will win he said daily. Now it's we will not overbid. That's a radical change of sediment. As much as you want to hold your breath and pray that Softbank sells Sprint it's not happening. Again you can stomp, hold your breath, bring up all the negatives you want about Sprint the fact remains that if it can happen odds are it will happen. Both owning parties want it to happen. Masa Son and Softbank and Deutsch Telekom. What TMUS wants is totally irrelevant. Yes no deal was publicly announced of course not. But it has been widely reported that a deal worth 32 billion was accepted by D.T. This isn't any huge secret. As it is no secret that D.T. and Softbank remained on friendly terms even after the discussions broke down over regulatory issues.
    Last edited by soco150; 02-18-2016 at 05:05 PM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Well here is one place about the upcoming auction that says the same thing I did. What Comcast does with it is neither up to you me or anyone here. That's their business. But again it proves T-Mobile alone cannot financially compete with major players. They essentially admitted as much themselves by fighting for the FCC to set aside spectrum for smaller carriers. They're argument was we cannot compete financially with the big 2. Deutsche Telekom has said they cannot compete financially in the future with the 2 leaders. Masa Son has said the smaller carriers cannot financially sustain against the 2 larger carriers. There has to be something to that statement if each of the smaller carriers is making the same claim. Now you are seeing a change in T-Mobile's statements regarding the auction. Before it was Legere charging the way. We will win he said daily. Now it's we will not overbid. That's a radical change of sediment. As much as you want to hold your breath and pray that Softbank sells Sprint it's not happening. Again you can stomp, hold your breath, bring up all the negatives you want about Sprint the fact remains that if it can happen odds are it will happen. Both owning parties want it to happen. Masa Son and Softbank and Deutsch Telekom. What TMUS wants is totally irrelevant.
    Where are you getting all this hogwash? I don't recall anyone expressing a wish for Softbank to sell Sprint. I mean c'mon. Who'd they possibly sell it to? That was tried and ended in failure. It would be nice if Softbank merely followed through on some of the assurances made by Son when he bought Sprint. There's no compelling reason for US regulatory entities to allow Softbank to buy T-Mobile. Given what's happened with Sprint since Softbank took over (job losses and poor finances) why should he be allowed to lay waste to another carrier?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Well here is one place about the upcoming auction that says the same thing I did. What Comcast does with it is neither up to you me or anyone here. That's their business. But again it proves T-Mobile alone cannot financially compete with major players. They essentially admitted as much themselves by fighting for the FCC to set aside spectrum for smaller carriers. They're argument was we cannot compete financially with the big 2. Deutsche Telekom has said they cannot compete financially in the future with the 2 leaders. Masa Son has said the smaller carriers cannot financially sustain against the 2 larger carriers. There has to be something to that statement if each of the smaller carriers is making the same claim. Now you are seeing a change in T-Mobile's statements regarding the auction. Before it was Legere charging the way. We will win he said daily. Now it's we will not overbid. That's a radical change of sediment. As much as you want to hold your breath and pray that Softbank sells Sprint it's not happening. Again you can stomp, hold your breath, bring up all the negatives you want about Sprint the fact remains that if it can happen odds are it will happen. Both owning parties want it to happen. Masa Son and Softbank and Deutsch Telekom. What TMUS wants is totally irrelevant. Yes no deal was publicly announced of course not. But it has been widely reported that a deal worth 32 billion was accepted by D.T. This isn't any huge secret. As it is no secret that D.T. and Softbank remained on friendly terms even after the discussions broke down over regulatory issues.
    I'll first address your argument about selling Sprint - I said they need to either sell it or actually take ownership of the company the own and fix this. It is not sustainable to continue on as Sprint is doing. People have been advocating for a while, the better part of a decade, that Sprint may go bankrupt (chapter 11, but who knows). The thing is, Sprint is still a huge corporation and most don't go bust overnight. The Enron's of the world are the exception - companies don't close 2 days after the downfall generally. Look at IBM, they are still a big company, but their power and market-share is way below what it once was.

Next, it IS our business what can be done with this spectrum. There are federal mandates to free up spectrum to use for wireless communication. Spectrum has build out requirements attached so that it reaches the public for use that owns the airwaves. This isn't a private asset that parties are bidding on. ALL the financial and bidding history are revealed to the public. Additionally, if I was a shareholder in comcast I'd wonder what they are doing bidding billions on a slice of spectrum that by itself is literally worthless without a plan, network, and most likely more spectrum. The cable companies have bought and then got out of using wireless spectrum - I cannot think of any major cable provider who has or is using wireless spectrum for anything meaningful.

Next, Tmobile can change their mind and their approach to bidding. We've had the AWS-3 auction only a year ago that changed things. They've been able to get a lot of 700A which benefits them much more immediately than 600 MHz. These all change your approach of entering an auction, I'd hope. They said they won't overbid, not that they won't get all the spectrum they can grasp. They never said they'd get 30+30 MHz nationwide at $1 billion or less. You also glossed over trying to compare this auction as best I could to AWS-3. If Tmobile has and intends to spend 10 billion, that's approx 1/4 of the last spectrum. So, in theory, they do mean to acquire a lot of spectrum from this auction, even if it has inflated prices.

Masa Son and DT have been proven to be wrong frequently on the future of things. DT didn't get their ATT deal, Softbank lied about doing anything meaningful with Sprint. They were even unable to allegedly close a deal with each other. You again ignored that I brought up recent reports of Tmobile closing the coverage and quality gap with ATT/VZW. If analyst speculate that the product gap has closed, that could mean they just now need to keep stealing customers to rival them in subs.

You again bring up a deal that is years old now. Tmobile is a different company than it was then - they have a better network and more spectrum, and more customers so in theory they are worth more. Sprint, has even worse credit ratings and Softbank has taken on more debt because of it. I also pointed out that Son seems to have legal barriers preventing more cash be thrown at this. I'm not up on my Japanese law (as I don't really care much what their laws are at this point), but if he's unable to do things within his country's laws, Sprint will keep costing them money and he will be unable to merge it. I'm sure that Ma Bell would love to merge back into its old self, but it won't happen.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    I'll first address your argument about selling Sprint - I said they need to either sell it or actually take ownership of the company the own and fix this. It is not sustainable to continue on as Sprint is doing. People have been advocating for a while, the better part of a decade, that Sprint may go bankrupt (chapter 11, but who knows). The thing is, Sprint is still a huge corporation and most don't go bust overnight. The Enron's of the world are the exception - companies don't close 2 days after the downfall generally. Look at IBM, they are still a big company, but their power and market-share is way below what it once was.

Next, it IS our business what can be done with this spectrum. There are federal mandates to free up spectrum to use for wireless communication. Spectrum has build out requirements attached so that it reaches the public for use that owns the airwaves. This isn't a private asset that parties are bidding on. ALL the financial and bidding history are revealed to the public. Additionally, if I was a shareholder in comcast I'd wonder what they are doing bidding billions on a slice of spectrum that by itself is literally worthless without a plan, network, and most likely more spectrum. The cable companies have bought and then got out of using wireless spectrum - I cannot think of any major cable provider who has or is using wireless spectrum for anything meaningful.

Next, Tmobile can change their mind and their approach to bidding. We've had the AWS-3 auction only a year ago that changed things. They've been able to get a lot of 700A which benefits them much more immediately than 600 MHz. These all change your approach of entering an auction, I'd hope. They said they won't overbid, not that they won't get all the spectrum they can grasp. They never said they'd get 30+30 MHz nationwide at $1 billion or less. You also glossed over trying to compare this auction as best I could to AWS-3. If Tmobile has and intends to spend 10 billion, that's approx 1/4 of the last spectrum. So, in theory, they do mean to acquire a lot of spectrum from this auction, even if it has inflated prices.

Masa Son and DT have been proven to be wrong frequently on the future of things. DT didn't get their ATT deal, Softbank lied about doing anything meaningful with Sprint. They were even unable to allegedly close a deal with each other. You again ignored that I brought up recent reports of Tmobile closing the coverage and quality gap with ATT/VZW. If analyst speculate that the product gap has closed, that could mean they just now need to keep stealing customers to rival them in subs.

You again bring up a deal that is years old now. Tmobile is a different company than it was then - they have a better network and more spectrum, and more customers so in theory they are worth more. Sprint, has even worse credit ratings and Softbank has taken on more debt because of it. I also pointed out that Son seems to have legal barriers preventing more cash be thrown at this. I'm not up on my Japanese law (as I don't really care much what their laws are at this point), but if he's unable to do things within his country's laws, Sprint will keep costing them money and he will be unable to merge it. I'm sure that Ma Bell would love to merge back into its old self, but it won't happen.
    August of 2014 was less than 2 years ago. As far as the spectrum and what Comcast does with apparently the FCC is fine with them entering the auction. They allowed it. I highly doubt Tom Wheeler will read your post and say he's right ban Comcast from the auction. I'm sorry. Would T-Mobile be worth more now? Of course. They would probably settle on a number between 38 and 40 billion. What does the coverage gap have to do with financially being able to compete long term against Verizon or At&t? I didn't address it because it was an irrelevant point. Adding 3 million postpaid subs a year isn't going to fix that. I never said they wouldn't aquire any spectrum, just not as much as they hoped. By the time the 600mhz spectrum is even cleared for use the probability of T-Mobile looking totally different is high. Again you can try to wish it away but when your owner doesn't want you, you eventually go away. D.T. doesn't want Tmobile U.S. Nothing you say changes that. If the election goes Republican this fall do not be surprised to see Softbank as the new owner of TMUS. What is going to happen is going to happen. People can post what they want on these forums and in the end it doesn't change a thing.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbin View Post
    Where are you getting all this hogwash? I don't recall anyone expressing a wish for Softbank to sell Sprint. I mean c'mon. Who'd they possibly sell it to? That was tried and ended in failure. It would be nice if Softbank merely followed through on some of the assurances made by Son when he bought Sprint. There's no compelling reason for US regulatory entities to allow Softbank to buy T-Mobile. Given what's happened with Sprint since Softbank took over (job losses and poor finances) why should he be allowed to lay waste to another carrier?
    Because a GOP controlled FCC would approve it. That's just the way it is. You can argue if it's right or wrong all day but essentially it doesn't matter. You can debate how he afforded it,why he did it and how bad Sprint is till your blue in the face. It doesn't matter. A GOP led FCC would approve the merger. The failed At&t acquisition of T-Mobile really boils down to who was president at the time of the proposal.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Because a GOP controlled FCC would approve it. That's just the way it is. You can argue if it's right or wrong all day but essentially it doesn't matter. You can debate how he afforded it,why he did it and how bad Sprint is till your blue in the face. It doesn't matter. A GOP led FCC would approve the merger. The failed At&t acquisition of T-Mobile really boils down to who was president at the time of the proposal.
    What makes you think the FCC (regardless of party leadership), not to mention the DOJ, would approve such a purchase? What's the basis of your opinion? What kind of spin could be used to convince anyone that it would be in the best interest of the US in any manner?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbin View Post
    What makes you think the FCC (regardless of party leadership), not to mention the DOJ, would approve such a purchase? What's the basis of your opinion? What kind of spin could be used to convince anyone that it would be in the best interest of the US in any manner?
    The DOJ just investigates if the purchase violates any anti trust laws. DOJ approval would be easy. The basis is the 2 Republican board members would of voted to approve the Sprint T-Mobile merger in 2014. It's no secret a GOP led FCC would most likely approve such a merger. The GOP is a lot more corporate friendly and doesn't believe in the government regulating the economy. A merger the size of Sprint and T-Mobile is actually the kind of thing the GOP loves. It would probably pass right along party lines. Just as it would of been declined in 2014 right along party lines. It would of failed 3-2 in 2014 with a Democratic led FCC. It would likely pass 3-2 with a GOP led FCC. The argument of if it's right or wrong is a completely different debate. My point is I have a feeling Masa Son is just buying his time and waiting to see what happens in November. If a Republican takes the White House do not be surprised to see Softbank as the new owner of T-Mobile by this time next year. It can happen and likely will if the chips fall that way.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    That last story is from July of 2015, so no it doesn't confirm that T-Mobile should scrap Verizon attacks. Verizon is clearly scrambling to find ways to compete. They joined the $650, we'll pay you to switch club. They are currently offering and have in the past offered the extra 2gb/month to customers on higher tiered data plans. Then Vzw created that ridiculous red balls commercial. Vzw may be arrogant, it may have poor customer service, higher pricing on average, but T-Mobile is definitely causing Vzw some concern too. So to say that T-Mobile should leave Vzw alone is silly.
    Verizon doesn't have to scramble to do anything. Its network is twice as good as that of T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Verizon doesn't have to scramble to do anything. Its network is twice as good as that of T-Mobile.
    What I don't get, and it comes alot from T-Mobile users, is how they brag other companies such as Verizon or At&t eventually offer the same thing or something similar that T-Mobile does. Like the 650 to switch deal. You shouldn't want those companies to do that if you are T-Mobile. The money it costs for Verizon and At&T to offer those promos is peanuts to them. To T-Mobile it's alot bigger deal. When Verizon or At&t offer those all they are doing is giving customers a reason either not to switch or to switch to them. T-Mobile seems to have this passion to try to get Verizon to engage in a price war with them. No, why even try to get them to do that? They have the money to do that if they wish to and it would be disastrous for T-Mobile if they did. It would force T-Mobile to actually lower their prices more and they can't compete that way. If you owned a T-shirt store, and part of your thing was you sold the t-shirts cheaper than Walmart, why would you engage Walmart to lower the price of their tshirts? Walmart could more easily asorb the cost of the lowered T-shirt and and tell you to go eat a you know what. It would cause you, who would have a harder time absorbing the cost of doing so, to lower your prices even more just to stay afloat. Sometimes I don't understand their thinking. I get they are trying to come across as a major player and hang with the big boys but they don't have the bank account nor the resources to do that. They need to be careful with what they wish for. The things they keep saying they want the other companies to do is what keeps people on their network. If all things were equal not to many people would choose T-Mobile over Verizon or At&t.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Maybe the Sprint customers are coming from people who've never had service before? Maybe the MVNOs as well? Since Sprint sounds good on paper, but their actual coverage is sparse unless you live in a metro area. I can see why T-Mobile isn't gaining in from Sprint customers though, since Sprint offers almost as much as T-Mobile does, for a whole lot less money, and coverage.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast