Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile Gains Not Coming From Sprint

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eduschean View Post
    I don't see a merger coming unless both Sprint and T-Mobile sacrifice some spectrum to the other two carriers. If a merger were to happen, I could some aws from tmobile being given to verizon, and some pcs given to at $t. The FCC could also restrict how much spectrum they would get at the 600 auction. If tmobile and sprint were allowed to merge with all their spectrum, they would be at an unfair advantage when new phones come out that support 3X carrier aggregation. Sorry if I'm wrong, but this is likely why a merger hasn't already happened.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Well yes if s merger happened they would have to divest some spectrum. The reason a merger hasn't happened is a Democratic led FCC wants to keep 4 national carriers to keep a competitive advantage. If the white house shifts to a Republican president they will appoint their own chairman for the FCC and traditionally Republicans have been favorable to big business mergers and would likely approve the merger. The reason behind why At&t doesn't currently own T-Mobile really boils down to who was president when they tried to acquire them.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by soco150 View Post
    The reason a merger hasn't happened is a Democratic led FCC wants to keep 4 national carriers to keep a competitive advantage. If the white house shifts to a Republican president they will appoint their own chairman for the FCC and traditionally Republicans have been favorable to big business mergers and would likely approve the merger.
    Any source for this?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by p6B5Nm5b View Post
    Any source for this?
    http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/...val/2014-06-06

Here's an interesting piece. Notice it says the 2 current Republican board members would of voted to approve the merger. The GOP has always been more corporate friendly.

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascit...rger-idea.html

Here's another. Again stating a GOP led FCC would likely approve the merger.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/...val/2014-06-06

Here's an interesting piece. Notice it says the 2 current Republican board members would of voted to approve the merger. The GOP has always been more corporate friendly.

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascit...rger-idea.html

Here's another. Again stating a GOP led FCC would likely approve the merger.
    So you believe that would be in "the public interest" if T-Mobile bought Sprint?

I don't see how.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    With all the gains Tmobile has made recently, I don't think they need to buy out or merge with Sprint. I do think unless sprint can densify it's network (expand band 41), it will by 2020 lose tons of customers. Their 800 spectrum is no way near enough to keep up with future demand.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    So you believe that would be in "the public interest" if T-Mobile bought Sprint?

I don't see how.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Well for one T-Mobile wouldn't buy anybody they would be bought. Do I personally believe it is good? No. Anytime you remove competition it is a bad thing. A perfect scenario for consumers is 4 major national carriers with maybe even a 5th upstart one. Do I think it could be inevitable that Sprint buys T-Mobile though, yes. The sheer sizes of both At&t and Verizon make it nearly impossible for Sprint or T-Mobile to head on compete with them over the long haul, throw into that T-Mobile having lame duck owners who are willing to dump them off at the drop of a hat and are unwilling to do anything for them and the end result could be inevitable.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sprint can't afford to keep the lights on let alone buy a company worth three times themselves... especially with their bad credit.

Feedback Score
    They have a rich parent with a visa gold card with no spending limit.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile Gains Not Coming From Sprint

Well for one T-Mobile wouldn't buy anybody they would be bought. Do I personally believe it is good? No. Anytime you remove competition it is a bad thing. A perfect scenario for consumers is 4 major national carriers with maybe even a 5th upstart one. Do I think it could be inevitable that Sprint buys T-Mobile though, yes. The sheer sizes of both At&t and Verizon make it nearly impossible for Sprint or T-Mobile to head on compete with them over the long haul, throw into that T-Mobile having lame duck owners who are willing to dump them off at the drop of a hat and are unwilling to do anything for them and the end result could be inevitable.
    T-Mo is having no trouble competing and profiting against AT&T and Verizon despite the their size. Only Sprint is failing. The solution isn't a merger it's getting competent management at Sprint.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Punter View Post
    I have now posted my list of Rogers GSM site IDs on my web page. You can see that list at:

http://www.arcx.com/sites/RogersCID.htm

The list contains approximately 160 sites, but it is far from complete. If you have a GSM phone capable of monitoring Rogers (a Mitsubishi G310 is great for this) then you might find the list interesting.
    T-Mobile is not buying anybody. Deutsche Telekom wants out not make a major acquisition.

TMUS is not its own company. They are a subsidy of Deutsche Telekom. As much as people want to forget that it is what they are. They haven't been an independent company since they were Voicestream.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    They have a rich parent with a visa gold card with no spending limit.
    Yeah the parent has bad credit too.

Sent from my T-Mobile iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Yeah the parent has bad credit too.

Sent from my T-Mobile iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk
    Not as bad as you think and is still fully capable of buying TMUS They already had a deal in place with D.T. that D.T. approved of so obviously the financing is already there. Contrary to what you or other may believe John Legere does not own T-Mobile. He is an employee of Deutsche Telekom. Which as I said before TMUS is a subsidy of. What they say goes and they have never been shy in saying they want to dump T-Mobile U.S.

I also believe that this could of been Masa Son's plan all along. That is why Sprint is sitting out the 600 auction and such. Let Tmobile do the hard part, make it seem his own company is struggling, and the only way for a truly competitive U.S. market is to merge and just wait for the time when the deal would pass legislature.

Feedback Score
    In light of the dismal financial state of affairs at Sprint, how would buying T-Mobile benefit Softbank? So far, has any of Son's predicted benefits from Softbank's purchase of Sprint come to fruition?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Not as bad as you think and is still fully capable of buying TMUS They already had a deal in place with D.T. that D.T. approved of so obviously the financing is already there. Contrary to what you or other may believe John Legere does not own T-Mobile. He is an employee of Deutsche Telekom. Which as I said before TMUS is a subsidy of. What they say goes and they have never been shy in saying they want to dump T-Mobile U.S.

I also believe that this could of been Masa Son's plan all along. That is why Sprint is sitting out the 600 auction and such. Let Tmobile do the hard part, make it seem his own company is struggling, and the only way for a truly competitive U.S. market is to merge and just wait for the time when the deal would pass legislature.
    Masa wanted to lose $10 billion dollars? There are easier ways than buying Sprint.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YCGrad View Post
    In light of the dismal financial state of affairs at Sprint, how would buying T-Mobile benefit Softbank? So far, has any of Son's predicted benefits from Softbank's purchase of Sprint come to fruition?
    Well it would instantly make him a major player in the U.S. market which is what he strived to be when her purchased Sprint. It makes Sprint as big as At&t and Verizon wireless overnight. The second part is hard to answer because so far the grade would be incomplete. It depends on what his actual plans are. If his plans are to aquire TMUS and if he is just waiting till the time is right for it to get approved then it's hard to grade him right now. If those aren't his plans then he still has a lot of work to do.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast