Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Get Your Second Month Free when you Switch to AT&T GoPhone ( Feb. 15th - March 31st)

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up Get Your Second Month Free when you Switch to AT&T GoPhone ( Feb. 15th - March 31st)

Beginning February 15 and for a limited time, AT&T GoPhone is giving you the second month of service free when switching your line – up to a $60 value!

It’s simple.

All you have to do is switch your number to AT&T GoPhone and activate and fund a $45 or $60 monthly plan.

This is an incredible deal that requires no annual contract, no credit check, and runs on AT&T’s nationwide 4G LTE network.2

GoPhone monthly plans offer benefits of unlimited talk, text & data usage, unlimited texting to over 100 countries3 and on select plans the ability to call to and use your phone in Mexico & Canada at no additional charge.4 Another bonus for AT&T GoPhone customers on $45 and $60 monthly plans is the ability to auto-refill the account – saving $5 per month.5

And It’s easy to switch to GoPhone, because you can bring your own phone or buy one of our great new LTE Smartphones ranging from $39.99 to $99.99.

1 Offer ends March 31, 2016. Req’s porting number & elig. svc. Excludes AT&T & Cricket customers. GoPhone acct. must have SIM card & must be funded w/in first 26 days of activation to be eligible. Free month equals value of monthly plan ($45 or $60) purchased at activation. GoPhone: By activating or using GoPhone svc, you agree to be bound by Terms of Service & Plan Terms available at att.com/gophone. Other charges & rest’s apply. See store for details.

2 4G LTE not avail. everywhere.

3 After monthly high-speed data allowance is used, data speeds are reduced to max of 128kbps for rest of term. Unlimited text w/in the U.S., & from the U.S. to over 100 countries, includes text, picture & video messages. For a full list of countries available for text messaging, go to att.com/gophoneintltext.

4 Incl. unl’td calling/texting w/in & b/w U.S., Mexico, & Canada. Also incl. use of the high speed data allotment from your plan in Mexico or Canada. Both the number of texts & number of voice minutes used, made or received while in Mexico & Canada cannot exceed 50% of the total number of texts or voice minutes in a month for any consecutive three month period or svc may be terminated. Roaming svc not guaranteed, Ltd. avail. in select mkts. outside of U.S. Calls to special & premium svcs may be blocked. Svc cannot be resold or used for fraudulent purposes. Usage & other restr's apply. Pricing subject to change.

5 Pay full rate plan charge upon activation. $5 discount applied upon enrollment in Auto Refill. Add’l charges & restr. apply. See store for details.

http://about.att.com/story/get_a_sec...hone_free.html

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Lol Except cricket customers. Guess cricket customers will have to port to Tmo then to gophone to take advantage of this offer.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Lol Except cricket customers. Guess cricket customers will have to port to Tmo then to gophone to take advantage of this offer.
    Just gotta keep a supply of SIMs handy. Assuming GoPhone keeps running this promo:

GoPhone -> TMO -> Cricket. Make sure you get all the bonuses & referral credits.
    Then
    Cricket -> TMO -> GoPhone. Buy one month, get one free. So, you'd pay (with CallingMart), $20.xx/month for the $45 plan for 2 months.
    Then repeat the steps above.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    Just gotta keep a supply of SIMs handy. Assuming GoPhone keeps running this promo:

GoPhone -> TMO -> Cricket. Make sure you get all the bonuses & referral credits.
    Then
    Cricket -> TMO -> GoPhone. Buy one month, get one free. So, you'd pay (with CallingMart), $20.xx/month for the $45 plan for 2 months.
    Then repeat the steps above.
    Too much work. I do something similar. Buy a 4gb simple mobile plan on eBay for $8. Google voice is my main number so I can buy a new $8 sim every month and people can still reach me on the same number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I seen NO WHERE in the gphone activation process that offers an offer to PORT a number in. Only would give me a new #...

Where exactly is the screen where you activate and PORT a number to gophone?????

Feedback Score
    Does this require you to call in to accomplish this? Again, no where on the gophone activation page to request a port. you just get a new #.

Feedback Score
    Well, I'll answer my own question.

you have to activate the gophone with a phone number......THEN call back and tell them to port Rep said they needed an active line to port (which seems weird), but that's what I was told.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    There's a very detailed sticky in this forum that covers porting to GoPhone. Instead of talking to yourself, try reading.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...-amp-T-GoPhone

Feedback Score
    Well, already read that! but it doesn't specifically detail what involved about getting the free month, does it?

There's a very detailed sticky in this forum that covers porting to GoPhone. Instead of talking to yourself, try reading.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...-amp-T-GoPhone

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greg4android View Post
    Well, already read that! but it doesn't specifically detail what involved about getting the free month, does it?
    Since it was published over a year ago, no. But most of what you've been talking about was answered there.

Good thing you have lots of replies offering you help. Have fun.
    Last edited by bakedapple; 02-21-2016 at 02:56 PM.

Carrier(s)
    VZW Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    You technically don't have to do that. It is possible to port in a number without having to do all of that nonsense. It's just that the default is to activate and then port in your number, which a number of reps think is the way you're supposed to do it (and many incorrectly think you need two different SIM cards to do this).

Feedback Score
    three reps said that WAS the way to do it with a port-in to AT&T. Nothing was mentioned about having to need 2 sim cards.

they said I could go into any AT&T store, and they can do it there as well.

Just don't wanna screw the port up, being as there are multiple ways to accomplish it.

For the $50 free month, it requires a PORT.

One rep called it a "number transfer".......

So, would activating with gophone and getting their "temporary number', then them "transfer my number over from Tmobile" be a PORT?

Quote Originally Posted by Altanis View Post
    You technically don't have to do that. It is possible to port in a number without having to do all of that nonsense. It's just that the default is to activate and then port in your number, which a number of reps think is the way you're supposed to do it (and many incorrectly think you need two different SIM cards to do this).

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    I've ported numerous lines to GoPhone. I've always activated the plan with a new number, then had to call in to port the number in. It's cumbersome and tedious, but has always worked.

There may be another way to do it, but I've never seen it.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    I've ported numerous lines to GoPhone. I've always activated the plan with a new number, then had to call in to port the number in. It's cumbersome and tedious, but has always worked.

There may be another way to do it, but I've never seen it.
    I've ported exactly as is described in the sticky and never had a temporary number or had to make multiple calls to AT&T. One ~20 minute call and the port was complete with full functionality.

Feedback Score
    did you have to fund the account with money when you ported?

You had the number ported in 20 minutes?

I've ported exactly as is described in the sticky and never had a temporary number or had to make multiple calls to AT&T. One ~20 minute call and the port was complete with full functionality.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast