Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile Family Deal (4 X UNLIMITED = $150) "Half Off" On Sprint?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tyroned3222 View Post
    Sprint will match tmobiles unlimited plan as of fri.
    What happened to "HALF OFF"?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by p6B5Nm5b View Post
    What happened to "HALF OFF"?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Oh well, so much for "HALF OFF". Do you know if they're making it easy for existing customers to switch to this plan like T-Mobile does?

Feedback Score
    Oh well, so much for "HALF OFF". Do you know if they're making it easy for existing customers to switch to this plan like T-Mobile does?
    That's the tricky part idk about

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

They didn't even match T-Mobile's 14GB/line hotspot; Sprint's only offering 3GB/line hotspot. Things like this make me wish Sprint would stop being a follower and start being a leader. If T-Mobile wasn't offering 4 unlimited lines for $150, Sprint wouldn't be either. Major reason why I'm glad they never merged.
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Volaris View Post
    They didn't even match T-Mobile's 14GB/line hotspot; Sprint's only offering 3GB/line hotspot. Things like this make me wish Sprint would stop being a follower and start being a leader. If T-Mobile wasn't offering 4 unlimited lines for $150, Sprint wouldn't be either. Major reason why I'm glad they never merged.
    John Legere has addressed this in various talks, how the incumbent carriers have revenue structures that make it really difficult for them to compete with a disruptor like T-Mobile. Things like no overages, free international data, allowing existing user to switch to promotional rates... these aren't in their DNA, and seriously impact their margins. They can't easily give them up which is why it's so fun to watch them squirm.

Sprint has publicly admitted their network isn't good, said it WILL be good in "a couple of years". So until then, their strategy to keep (and possibly gain) customers is to be a "value leader"... and they can't even match T-Mobile pricing let alone beat them.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

This is sad. Sprint needed to beat Tmobile and not just on the single line (You can easily get a better price at MetroPCS as a single line if you need unlimited). They only match Tmo and barely edged out ATT - only being $20-30 a month cheaper for the whole plan than ATT. ATT has a vastly larger network and Tmo does too now. Additionally, the ease of putting and switching a phone one the 2 others is a bonus. Also they have Volte... and the list goes on and on.

Sprint dropped the ball here. It's really disingenuous these days to just 'match' a price if a customer is shopping around in a competitive market. They didn't even match the full offer, 3GB of tethering included vs. 14GB per line is a far cry of a 'match' in my book.

Also, lol at the VZW "Doesn't even offer unlimited". That just makes me laugh.

John Legere has addressed this in various talks, how the incumbent carriers have revenue structures that make it really difficult for them to compete with a disruptor like T-Mobile. Things like no overages, free international data, allowing existing user to switch to promotional rates... these aren't in their DNA, and seriously impact their margins. They can't easily give them up which is why it's so fun to watch them squirm.

Sprint has publicly admitted their network isn't good, said it WILL be good in "a couple of years". So until then, their strategy to keep (and possibly gain) customers is to be a "value leader"... and they can't even match T-Mobile pricing let alone beat them.
    Neigh neigh, Marcelo said it would be the best* or second best network in a couple years.

*In major urban areas. Only in cities we choose. In fact, who knows because he backtracked on this statement.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    This is sad. They didn't even match the full offer, 3GB of tethering included vs. 14GB per line is a far cry of a 'match' in my book.
    Have to agree with you on this. I just wish Sprint would stop all the reactionary, monkey see monkey do, when it comes to plans. Just offer $50 unlimited everything across the board and call it a day.
    Last edited by bibbin; 02-11-2016 at 10:51 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbin View Post
    Have to agree with you on this. I just wish Sprint would stop all the reactionary, monkey see monkey do, when it comes to plans. Just offer $50 unlimited everything across the board an call it a day.
    Yes, I think that's probably one of the few things that may work in the short term... They have plenty of capacity, so why not?

Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Neigh neigh, Marcelo said it would be the best* or second best network in a couple years.

Dan Hesse said this in Feb 2014
    Just give us time, and we’ll build the 4G network of your dreams.
    And what has happened in 2 years? Guess Marcelo wants to use this line as well.

How long can you say "we'll be number 1" and do nothing to make that happen. Not participating in the 600 Mhz auction is not good when you want to make this happen when the other 3 carriers will be.

Higher band spectrum that Sprint owns may work if you have dense network like Verizon but they don't.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbin View Post
    Have to agree with you on this. I just wish Sprint would stop all the reactionary, monkey see monkey do, when it comes to plans. Just offer $50 unlimited everything across the board and call it a day.
    I've said this for years. When I first started with Sprint, it was like what, 500 minutes and unlimited text and data for about $60? That was great pricing including the subsidized handset. So, $50 without that would be a good price. Sprint needs to show it's serious to get customers, which equal cash flow.

I really do not get the not beating this current deal and booting off customers they deem unworthy even if Sprint is just as an unworthy creditor. Sprint needs any and all people on board their network. They would be paying something in and that would increase money for Sprint. They then could look at ways to increase revenue from each customer or just rely on good old word of mouth and family bandwagon effects to take place.

I've said that Sprint needs to not play this 'me too' game or come out with gimmicks like framily or lease an iPhone and get our good unlimited plan and you're up the creek if you don't want an iOS device for a good plan. They need to do very simple and straightforward things. $25 for 3gigs and unlimited talk/text. $35 for 5 gigs and the same thing and then $50 for unlimited all. Give whatever discounts they want for a family, even 2 people would match or hopefully beat Tmobile's very popular 2 unlimited for $100. Include all the fees and possibly even the taxes - but at least make it this is our price. Any other amount are legally mandated taxes. With this they need to come out and say we don't have the best network now. We've had gimmicks and have not been focused on our consumers. Apologize as a big corporation and make it sincere. Even take a jab at the other networks - have they apologized? They aren't perfect either, but we at least know humility when something went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by pclover View Post
    Dan Hesse said this in Feb 2014

And what has happened in 2 years? Guess Marcelo wants to use this line as well.

How long can you say "we'll be number 1" and do nothing to make that happen. Not participating in the 600 Mhz auction is not good when you want to make this happen when the other 3 carriers will be.

Higher band spectrum that Sprint owns may work if you have dense network like Verizon but they don't.
    Sprint was saying it back before I joined them in 2009. One thing though, Tmobile has the most towers actually, and then it's ATT or Sprint. VZW isn't that dense, they've just placed their towers well and relied on their 850CLR and 700D spectrum to broadcast as far as they can reach.

Carrier(s)
    Only SPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Volaris View Post

When have you ever known Sprint to be a Leader? Sprint has ALWAYS played catch-up ....and still has NEVER CAUGHT UP!
    Fact is, It Is What It Is! Either stick with em, or leave - like everyone else did!

Not saying Sprint is terrible, because in NYC (where I used to live), Sprint was King back then. But when you live in reality and move out of that setting, you tend to get a taste of the real world!

Feedback Score
    I really do not get the not beating this current deal and booting off customers they deem unworthy even if Sprint is just as an unworthy creditor. Sprint needs any and all people on board their network.
    I'm sorry but disagree wholeheartedly with this statement. By this thinking discover should give everyone who applies a credit card so they can have as many users as Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. A postpaid line is a credit line. You are able to rack up impressive charges on it if you wish to, a company has every right to protect themselves in this regard and be picky about who they extend this line of credit to. In fact it would be financially irresponsible for them not to be picky about it.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've said this for years. When I first started with Sprint, it was like what, 500 minutes and unlimited text and data for about $60? That was great pricing including the subsidized handset. So, $50 without that would be a good price. Sprint needs to show it's serious to get customers, which equal cash flow.

I really do not get the not beating this current deal and booting off customers they deem unworthy even if Sprint is just as an unworthy creditor. Sprint needs any and all people on board their network. They would be paying something in and that would increase money for Sprint. They then could look at ways to increase revenue from each customer or just rely on good old word of mouth and family bandwagon effects to take place.

I've said that Sprint needs to not play this 'me too' game or come out with gimmicks like framily or lease an iPhone and get our good unlimited plan and you're up the creek if you don't want an iOS device for a good plan. They need to do very simple and straightforward things. $25 for 3gigs and unlimited talk/text. $35 for 5 gigs and the same thing and then $50 for unlimited all. Give whatever discounts they want for a family, even 2 people would match or hopefully beat Tmobile's very popular 2 unlimited for $100. Include all the fees and possibly even the taxes - but at least make it this is our price. Any other amount are legally mandated taxes. With this they need to come out and say we don't have the best network now. We've had gimmicks and have not been focused on our consumers. Apologize as a big corporation and make it sincere. Even take a jab at the other networks - have they apologized? They aren't perfect either, but we at least know humility when something went wrong.

Sprint was saying it back before I joined them in 2009. One thing though, Tmobile has the most towers actually, and then it's ATT or Sprint. VZW isn't that dense, they've just placed their towers well and relied on their 850CLR and 700D spectrum to broadcast as far as they can reach.
    We can argue all day, but clearly customers aren't buying it... and the stock market agrees with you too.

Sent from my T-Mobile Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    We can argue all day, but clearly customers aren't buying it... and the stock market agrees with you too.

Sent from my T-Mobile Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    As a T-Mobile zealot I would not bring in the stock market to the conversation. T-Mobile is down over 10% since the start of the year. I'd highly recommend picking a different fight.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast