Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Claure sprints across country on 'listening tour' - Kansas City Business Journal

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Cool Claure sprints across country on 'listening tour' - Kansas City Business Journal

Any thoughts on this?

"Sprint Corp. CEO Marcelo Claure is launching another initiative to help transform the Overland Park-based wireless company, according to his Twitter feed. Claure tweeted Thursday about his "listening tour," presumably an effort to increase Sprint’s wireless experience for customers. Claure wrote: "Tonight was stop 1 of #listeningtour in Seattle. Open discussions with people about what they want from their carrier.”

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascit...r.html?ana=twt

My first thought is it's just another rip off from the T-Mobile play book. "We listen to customers" has been an Uncarrier charge since day one.

"We listen to customers - #uncarrier 1, 2, 3, 3.1, and 4 are proof. Tell me what you want to see next from @TMobile! I’m all ears. #unleash" https://twitter.com/JohnLegere/statu...28884606500864

While all businesses should listen to their customers, this feels like he's trying to check all the John Legere boxes.

On Twitter? Check! Listening? Check! Yeah... doesn't feel organic does it?

Do you get the sense that Claure is a listener? More importantly, what are they still not hearing that they think this will solve?

Feedback Score
    Why you don't go back to your Tmobile hole, and stop spamming the sprint board with all these junk.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC_33 View Post
    Why you don't go back to your Tmobile hole, and stop spamming the sprint board with all these junk.
    Because it's ABOUT Sprint? If you're not interested don't participate, no need to be rude.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by p6B5Nm5b View Post
    Because it's ABOUT Sprint? If you're not interested don't participate, no need to be rude.
    The problem is you are trolling. There is fair moderation in the other three boards except this one. Some Sprint customers come here to talk about their carrier no to hear the bashing of some Tmobile customers .

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by p6B5Nm5b View Post
    While all businesses should listen to their customers, this feels like he's trying to check all the John Legere boxes.

On Twitter? Check! Listening? Check! Yeah... doesn't feel organic does it?
    So corporations should listen to their customers, yet when Sprint at least attempts to do so, it's still a problem because...Legere?

Quite the conundrum, no?
    Thrill me...

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    The problem is you are trolling. There is fair moderation in the other three boards except this one. Some Sprint customers come here to talk about their carrier no to hear the bashing of some Tmobile customers .
    Believe me, there are tons of haters who "troll" the T-Mobile forum. (I've been accused of being one myself) The moderators don't cut them off unless they really break the rules, start engaging in personal attacks or the conversation breaks down to the "Did so", "Did not", school yard, level.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Can someone explain exactly what is the purpose of this tour? Who will he be listening to, Sprint employees, current customers, potential customers, local politicians or what?

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbin View Post
    Can someone explain exactly what is the purpose of this tour? Who will he be listening to, Sprint employees, current customers, potential customers, local politicians or what?
    Good question. Is he just going to visit Sprint! stores? Is he going to hire a venue and ask customers and potential customers to come?

Feedback Score
    This is a silly baiting thread to piss sprint users off. Claure is doing what any responsible CEO.

John Legere is no genius, no inventor of the tactics he uses.. You obviously haven't seen the OxiClean commercials because John looks and acts like the guy who was involved in drug charges with the Britney mic.

John Legere has a big foul mouth and really only appeals to a small part of America. Most can see through the blatant lies and deceit he spreads.

Sprint is trying to rebuild the mess after Clearwire and Nextel from the Hesse era, and like every other company that has tried to succeed they need actual SPRINT customers opinions, not T-Mobile customers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Good question. Is he just going to visit Sprint! stores? Is he going to hire a venue and ask customers and potential customers to come?
    It's pretty obvious he sits with customers in restaurants and places like that to discuss what they want from their wireless carrier.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Let's all agree here that if Marcelo is serious about going out on a listening tour, that he hears legitimate problems. Not only that he's listening and hears this, but that he actually want to intend to fix them. It's one thing to collect this, and one thing to offer solutions for what he's hearing, but it's another to actually want to do it.

I could probably sum up the general things though:
    Faster network.
    Bigger network.
    Cheaper phones.
    Cheaper service.

I hope though this listening tour may reveal more specific issues or good points that they can expand and capitalize on. Say Seattle is a city people love Sprint and everything is going well - emulate that in other cities that aren't doing well. Maybe they'll find out they cover the east side of San Diego very well, but when people go to the west side of town, it's bad. So, it would scare away many customers even if they only need to fix a portion of the network.

Here's to hoping he learns enough from this to help!

Feedback Score
    It's pretty obvious he sits with customers in restaurants and places like that to discuss what they want from their wireless carrier.
    Is that what's he's going to do? How do you know this?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    Let's all agree here that if Marcelo is serious about going out on a listening tour, that he hears legitimate problems. Not only that he's listening and hears this, but that he actually want to intend to fix them. It's one thing to collect this, and one thing to offer solutions for what he's hearing, but it's another to actually want to do it.

I could probably sum up the general things though:
    Faster network.
    Bigger network.
    Cheaper phones.
    Cheaper service.

I hope though this listening tour may reveal more specific issues or good points that they can expand and capitalize on. Say Seattle is a city people love Sprint and everything is going well - emulate that in other cities that aren't doing well. Maybe they'll find out they cover the east side of San Diego very well, but when people go to the west side of town, it's bad. So, it would scare away many customers even if they only need to fix a portion of the network.

Here's to hoping he learns enough from this to help!
    Sprint just made regional hires. Seems they'd be the ones to visit areas in their region of responsibility to ask whatever questions they want answered. Or better yet, just place some survey cards in all the stores. Seems Claure would (should) have more pressing corporate matters to tend to.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbin View Post
    Sprint just made regional hires. Seems they'd be the ones to visit areas in their region of responsibility to ask whatever questions they want answered. Or better yet, just place some survey cards in all the stores. Seems Claure would (should) have more pressing corporate matters to tend to.
    John Legere has enough time to crash parties and act like a clown. Why can't Claure visit some customers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless Junkie View Post
    John Legere has enough time to crash parties and act like a clown. Why can't Claure visit some customers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He can, it just (again) shows a disconnect with culture and reality. I'm sure the idea is "Hey it worked for T-Mobile", which is true, but not because people needed to get to know John. It's a lame attempt at making him look connected. It's lame because it's not his style, they need a new casting director, or a better actor. Claure doesn't play this part well.

Of course that's my opinion. Let's see what happens.

Sent from my T-Mobile iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast