Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Honor 5x?

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Honor 5x?

Hello all,

So I was doing some browsing because I'm back in the market for buying a new phone (I love you LG Stylo, but you gotta go) and I was on Amazon and I noticed that the Honor 5x by Huawei is coming out at the end of January. Looks pretty enough and the specs look okay, but I was wondering..will it work with Cricket? I know it's not out yet and it might be a bit early to know, but does anyone know?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DiseNichant View Post
    Hello all,

So I was doing some browsing because I'm back in the market for buying a new phone (I love you LG Stylo, but you gotta go) and I was on Amazon and I noticed that the Honor 5x by Huawei is coming out at the end of January. Looks pretty enough and the specs look okay, but I was wondering..will it work with Cricket? I know it's not out yet and it might be a bit early to know, but does anyone know?
    It should, Just check if it has at least these LTE bands 2,4,5 and 17 and UMTS/HSPA+ Bands 850Mhz and 1900Mhz

Feedback Score
    The Honor 5x looks like a sweet dual sim phone for $200.00 (Fingerprint scanner!!!). Will work just fine on Cricket and should tether right out of the box if it ships with Lollipop. I was thinking of preordering one myself but decided 5.5 is to big and completely unnecessary for my uses. Most critics don't like Huawei's User interface but I've had zero problems using it and actually prefer it to many others. It does take some time to setup for your particular uses but I enjoy that kinda stuff. I switch between EMUI and Nova Launcher on my Huawei P8 Lite and Fusion 3.

Feedback Score
    If ya don't need dual sim, this is an awesome deal on a brand new LG Flex 2 which specs out with almost any other flagship.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-G-Flex2-H...red%7C5373%3A0

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Link doesn't seem to work.
    What are the advantages of having dual Sims?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by realjet View Post
    Link doesn't seem to work.
    What are the advantages of having dual Sims?
    Having access to two different networks.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Having access to two different networks.
    I currently have Verizon (LG G2) under contract until April 29th. I am planning on switching to cricket then. Will this phone work on both?

Feedback Score
    I run both Cricket and H2o sims in my P8 Lite so I don't have to carry two phones. The nice thing about the Honor 5x is that it has two sim slots plus a micro sd slot.

Device(s)
    Oneplus One
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=realjet
    What are the advantages of having dual Sims?[/QUOTE]

Dual sims are meaningful mostly outside of US. In India pre-paid plans have low rates for calls when you are in the state where you bought the plan and much higher rates if you are out of state. So dual sims work for people who live in two locations, such as students living at home and at the University. They get a dual sim phone and keep two pre-paid plans. They can switch the sim in use without taking it out of the phone. Note these plans are unlike Cricket plans. You pay so much money for so many calls or so much data. The money paid does not expire for 6 months. So you only pay for the calls you make and data that you use.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    The Honor 5x looks like a sweet dual sim phone for $200.00 (Fingerprint scanner!!!). Will work just fine on Cricket and should tether right out of the box if it ships with Lollipop. I was thinking of preordering one myself but decided 5.5 is to big and completely unnecessary for my uses. Most critics don't like Huawei's User interface but I've had zero problems using it and actually prefer it to many others. It does take some time to setup for your particular uses but I enjoy that kinda stuff. I switch between EMUI and Nova Launcher on my Huawei P8 Lite and Fusion 3.
    Question, does nova launcher let you move the apps into a drawer since emuibdoes not and they all reside in home screen likebidumb phone?

Ian B

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DiseNichant View Post
    Hello all,

What is wrong with the LG Stylo? sluggish? inadequate?..

Feedback Score
    Memory is one. Not enough additional memory.

Feedback Score
    How is the battery life of the honor 5x compared to the nexus 5?

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 12thman View Post
    What is wrong with the LG Stylo? sluggish? inadequate?..
    Nothing is really wrong with the LG Stylo. I mean, for me the battery will usually last a day to a day and a half. Some days it won't get through a full day and by bedtime (1am for me) I need to charge it. I guess the phone is pretty fast, I don't really do gaming on my phone. It is starting to have a hard time recognizing my double tap though. And sometimes when I want to upload something to facebook it will give me the 'not enough storage'. I switched to cricket from Virgin Mobile to be free to have the choice of any phone I wanted. When I ported to cricket, it was my birthday gift from my parents to pay for a new phone..and well I have a friend that works for cricket and asked for her opinion on what phone was better and I was told compared to the ZTE Max+; the Stylo was the better phone with less problems.

Feedback Score
    Hornos noted this in another thread about the LG Stylo and it's storage:
    You'll like the G Stylo. Pick up a fast 64GB microSD card for $20 or so, partition it for Link2SD, get Link2SD Plus for $2+ from the Play Store, and move apps and Dalvik cache to the second Link2SD partition. I've got about 4GB of apps/data/Dalvik on the G Stylo and still have close to 2GB of user space available and with a fast SD card you really can't tell the apps aren't in internal memory.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast