Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 140

Thread: Share your negative Sprint experiences

  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,685
    Feedback Score
    0
    Paying Sprint for service.....but roaming on Verizon. Why even buy post-paid service to send half your bill to a competitor. The worst is seeing in-market roaming. Who thought this was a good idea?

    The absolute worst calling quality. Its actually worse than a copper landline. Voice goes in and out, garbled, long-pauses, muffled. Its like talking on a CB radio. HD calling is good, but regular 1X voice is practically morse code.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    37
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Paying Sprint for service.....but roaming on Verizon. Why even buy post-paid service to send half your bill to a competitor. The worst is seeing in-market roaming. Who thought this was a good idea?
    See, that's one good thing about Sprint. If you're temporarily in a dead zone in an area with native coverage, would you rather still be able to get phone calls and texts or see "No Service"? Granted, WiFi Calling will help in some of those situations but not all of them.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,453
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tyroned3222 View Post
    Same here in el paso.... literally next to the border... no band 26 in site..and do to being part of the new Mexico market(lower priorty) no band 41 in site.....i look at it in a positive way......while waiting on lte plus... sprint/Ericsson have converted most if not all legacy sites (by now) to network vision sites.... a few months back i only found 3 sites legacy only....so when it's time for us to get lte plus.... there won't be an issue getting it launched 80+ % complete in the city due to all sites being network vision enabled... unless there is not enough to cover it widespread.... so i look at the positives more than the negatives.

    Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
    Welcome!

    Quote Originally Posted by tmiw View Post
    See, that's one good thing about Sprint. If you're temporarily in a dead zone in an area with native coverage, would you rather still be able to get phone calls and texts or see "No Service"? Granted, WiFi Calling will help in some of those situations but not all of them.
    It's all about choice I guess.

    But Sprint has more nationwide lowband than T-Mobile. So I don't see a reason why they should in-market roam on a carrier using the same lowband spectrum (800-850 MHz).

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    37
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian Cortez View Post
    It's all about choice I guess.

    But Sprint has more nationwide lowband than T-Mobile. So I don't see a reason why they should in-market roam on a carrier using the same lowband spectrum (800-850 MHz).
    LTE on SMR provides approximately the same coverage as EVDO on PCS given the same number of towers. While 1x on SMR does provide better coverage for calls and texts, it's really a stopgap until VoLTE arrives.

    That said, Sprint seems to have 7x7 of contiguous spectrum in SMR at best according to this map, so they can really only do one 5x5 LTE channel in that band. IMO they shouldn't have dropped out of the 600MHz auction but perhaps their gamble of B41 becoming their primary LTE band in urban areas and 5x5 in SMR being enough for rural areas will pan out.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,554
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tmiw View Post
    LTE on SMR provides approximately the same coverage as EVDO on PCS given the same number of towers. While 1x on SMR does provide better coverage for calls and texts, it's really a stopgap until VoLTE arrives.

    That said, Sprint seems to have 7x7 of contiguous spectrum in SMR at best according to this map, so they can really only do one 5x5 LTE channel in that band. IMO they shouldn't have dropped out of the 600MHz auction but perhaps their gamble of B41 becoming their primary LTE band in urban areas and 5x5 in SMR being enough for rural areas will pan out.
    Yes, the 5×5 lte channels should be enough for rural area....

    Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,888
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian Cortez View Post
    Welcome!



    It's all about choice I guess.

    But Sprint has more nationwide lowband than T-Mobile. So I don't see a reason why they should in-market roam on a carrier using the same lowband spectrum (800-850 MHz).
    Because you have seamless coverage when you leave the native area. I never roam when I am "in market", however it's nice to know I have seamless roaming when traveling.

    I am not left with huge holes of no coverage like other wireless carriers.

    I am not dependent roaming either, but it's nice to know I can send that text or make a call.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    37
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tyroned3222 View Post
    Yes, the 5×5 lte channels should be enough for rural area....

    Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
    The other thing I noticed on that map is that while Sprint does have lowband in more areas than T-Mobile, there are still gaps. I can't tell if those gaps are owned by their roaming partners or by someone else entirely though.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,554
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tmiw View Post
    The other thing I noticed on that map is that while Sprint does have lowband in more areas than T-Mobile, there are still gaps. I can't tell if those gaps are owned by their roaming partners or by someone else entirely though.
    Im guessing micro sites would help the gaps.... just don't know what they will use in rural areas

    Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,398
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    This thread is ridiculous. Just about every sprint thread here is already negative we don't need one titled "share your negative experience".
    I agree, and that's why I'm not participating.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    34
    Feedback Score
    0
    Why does this thread exist?

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,398
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Overstew View Post
    Why does this thread exist?
    Someone created a thread called "Share Your Positive Sprint Experiences" in an apparent attempt to show that despite the constant tide of bad news Sprint still has (some) happy customers.

    I guess someone (not me) else felt it would be fair and balanced to have an opposite thread, even though it's a bit trolling. I agree with you that it's unnecessary and in poor taste.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    2,149
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by p6B5Nm5b View Post
    Someone created a thread called "Share Your Positive Sprint Experiences" in an apparent attempt to show that despite the constant tide of bad news Sprint still has (some) happy customers.

    I guess someone (not me) else felt it would be fair and balanced to have an opposite thread, even though it's a bit trolling. I agree with you that it's unnecessary and in poor taste.

    The Sprint Mods created this thread and moved all comments they viewed as "negative" to this thread from the original thread.
    - Chokaay

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,453
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tmiw View Post
    LTE on SMR provides approximately the same coverage as EVDO on PCS given the same number of towers. While 1x on SMR does provide better coverage for calls and texts, it's really a stopgap until VoLTE arrives.

    That said, Sprint seems to have 7x7 of contiguous spectrum in SMR at best according to this map, so they can really only do one 5x5 LTE channel in that band. IMO they shouldn't have dropped out of the 600MHz auction but perhaps their gamble of B41 becoming their primary LTE band in urban areas and 5x5 in SMR being enough for rural areas will pan out.
    I agree with what you said. But that still doesn't explain the need to roam on Verizon and shell out $1 billion a year on roaming when you can do it yourself using the same exact spectrum with 1x.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,453
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless Junkie View Post
    Because you have seamless coverage when you leave the native area. I never roam when I am "in market", however it's nice to know I have seamless roaming when traveling.
    Just because you don't experience "in market" roaming doesn't mean it doesn't occur. And that roaming will be coming to an end soon as Sprint looks to reduce costs.

    I am not left with huge holes of no coverage like other wireless carriers.
    That's not what others have experienced.

    I am not dependent roaming either, but it's nice to know I can send that text or make a call.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So which one is it? Because Sprint does not have an extensive native rural footprint. It'd be near impossible when you only cover 270 million POPs. And above, you just mentioned you are "not left with huge holes of no coverage like other wireless carriers."

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    37
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian Cortez View Post
    I agree with what you said. But that still doesn't explain the need to roam on Verizon and shell out $1 billion a year on roaming when you can do it yourself using the same exact spectrum with 1x.
    Good thing they're starting to rely on roaming partners other than Verizon then (who will likely charge less to boot).

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 87
    Last Post: 08-08-2016, 06:10 PM
  2. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-25-2003, 11:47 AM
  3. WLNP--Start Today, Please Share your Experiences!!
    By psycho- in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-25-2003, 12:07 AM

Bookmarks