Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: With the deals gone what's next for T-Mobile?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

With the deals gone what's next for T-Mobile?

T-Mobile has enjoyed jaw dropping growth for the past two years. Aggressive network expansion, brilliant Uncarrier benefits, and greats deals have fueled incredible subscribe growth.

But now it's 2016 and the deals are gone. I have to think many of the switchers have switched. Barring any new promotions, I feel like this may be the quarter where growth levels off?

Sent from my T-Mobile iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    A while back, I suggested that T-Mobile might start "tuning down" the growth, particularly in congested markets. The suggestion was not well received. Then T-Mobile adjusted their plan pricing upward. Not that it matters to me, as long as they let me keep my grandfathered Select Choice plan and data option, I'm cool. If they yank that, I'll be looking for an MVNO.
    Donald Newcomb

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well T-mobile also isn't advertising expanding coverage. This year they seem to just be saying. "We've expanded, we're awesome, our coverage is almost as big as the other 2 big ones, come love us." Not sure how that will play out for them, but if their coverage by me is any indication of their coverage nationwide, I think they will have a lot of trouble winning more subscribers long term, and could even see significant churn in the near future if they are just going to let their coverage stagnate and 2G sit un-upgraded.

Device(s)
    IPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ben7337 View Post
    Well T-mobile also isn't advertising expanding coverage. This year they seem to just be saying. "We've expanded, we're awesome, our coverage is almost as big as the other 2 big ones, come love us." Not sure how that will play out for them, but if their coverage by me is any indication of their coverage nationwide, I think they will have a lot of trouble winning more subscribers long term, and could even see significant churn in the near future if they are just going to let their coverage stagnate and 2G sit un-upgraded.
    This

Feedback Score
    I think they need to re-uncarrier their plans by making them simpler. The smoke and mirrors aren't a long-term marketing strategy.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ten Four View Post
    I think they need to re-uncarrier their plans by making them simpler. The smoke and mirrors aren't a long-term marketing strategy.
    Which part do you find confusing?

Feedback Score
    For one, band 12 coverage will be great someday but doesn't work for a lot of existing phones and isn't availableost places. So the expanded coverage for most people is smoke and mirrors.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    For one, band 12 coverage will be great someday but doesn't work for a lot of existing phones and isn't availableost places. So the expanded coverage for most people is smoke and mirrors.
    Are you sure? I think every phone they sell is Band 12 compatible?

https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phones...nd-twelve.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    A while back, I suggested that T-Mobile might start "tuning down" the growth, particularly in congested markets. The suggestion was not well received. Then T-Mobile adjusted their plan pricing upward.
    As I recall, you claimed they should reduce their marketing. Did you ever see any signs of that yet?

As for their plan pricing, while they raised the price of their unlimited plan for new customers, they actually decreased the cost per GB on some of their tiered plans. And by introducing Binge On further reduced the average cost per high speed GB.

So what is your point as I don't see evidence of any across the board price hike?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    So what is your point as I don't see evidence of any across the board price hike?
    I was looking at doing the 10gb for all (4/$120) a little while before they announced BingeOn. At that time they also offered the iPhone 6s for $20/mo. I tried them for a couple of weeks but the service was spotty in some parts of my daily commute where Cricket is rock solid (would drop to EDGE or GPRS in some areas). They are just starting the B12 rollout in my area so I figured I'd wait until that was mostly completed and come back. With the 4/$120 gone, and the promotional rate on the iPhones gone I'm going to stick with Cricket for now. I don't mind that the data allotments shrank to 6gb because of BingeOn, but the price increase on the plan and the end of the promotional rate on two iPhones ends up costing about $40/mo more than it did in October. The new cap of 20gb on data stash is not very uncarrier either.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Aren't they though? They had some killer deals; two unlimited lines for $100. Four lines of 10Gb for $120. Then it went to six, then it went up in price. They're definitely taking their foot off the gas. Maybe the network has improved to the point where all they have to do is better better than Sprint and cheaper than AT&T and Verizon?

Feedback Score
    Hopefully they keep improving their network (both speed and coverage) to keep up with increased demand as people switch to them. Stopping the price hikes would help as well. I definitely feel like their plans should be simplified, they can be quite confusing, at least from my point of view. They are the best network for my needs right now and I hope they stay that way.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mackat1 View Post
    Hopefully they keep improving their network (both speed and coverage) to keep up with increased demand as people switch to them. Stopping the price hikes would help as well. I definitely feel like their plans should be simplified, they can be quite confusing, at least from my point of view. They are the best network for my needs right now and I hope they stay that way.
    I'll agree with you, "Simple Choice" isn't, and I hope they figure that out.

Feedback Score
    I personally find Simply Prepaid and Simple Choice Prepaid confusing. It seems impossible to compare them side by side with price and features. They're just rolling out new Simply Prepaid plans so maybe the confusion will be lessened.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I personally find Simply Prepaid and Simple Choice Prepaid confusing. It seems impossible to compare them side by side with price and features. They're just rolling out new Simply Prepaid plans so maybe the confusion will be lessened.
    Again, I agree, they're NOT simple.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast