Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sprint Layoffs Friday Jan 22

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jalan View Post
    They bought the Radio Shack stores in a bankruptcy package. They get every store in the package. They don't get to pick and choose the few that might not make perfect sense.
    Yes, they were able to pick and choose the stores they wanted and in their wisdom they chose to maintain a Radioshack right across the street from a pre-existing corporate store. Brilliantly efficient, NOT!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Millennials don't want to go to stores to speak with some dimwit employee who knows less than they do trying to add TEP, cheap phone cases, and a leasing scam.
    Lol, guilty. But I'm much more knowledgeable than 99% of storefront employees in this company.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    Lol, guilty. But I'm much more knowledgeable than 99% of storefront employees in this company.
    Thanks for being honest about it.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You're attempting to suggest there is some new, innovative, imaginative way to remove labor cost from a company? Tell us what that would be. Give us just one example of what that would be.

You've got a great strategy to show compassion to the employees. Support them less so that their financials get worse which will induce more layoffs. That's a great way to support the employee.
    Yeah...I would suggest there is a new way. How about Claure taking a salary of the average Sprint employee. Make the other suits do the same...UNTIL...a profit is turned. Then take your 20 mil salary and stock after the job is done.

Sounds innovative and refreshing to me! And in doing so come out and say the suits are going to pay for Sprint's blunders while our employees from the bottom up are more important now than ever.

Sprint, Thanks for the free year!

- Moto e5 cruise (Cricket)
    - AT&T ZTE Mobley

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So what you're saying is that you're a great Monday Morning Quarterback. You don't have the answers but it's easy to see why they are making a profit. You don't know what they should do about it but you know how to tell your friends what they did wrong.

And even though you don't have the answers, apparently you do have the answers about how advertising ROI works on endorsements. Sure you do.
    I see Verizon and [email protected] advertising with average people or cartoons. Same thing with T-Mobile. No mega stars. Companies doing better than Sprint. Kevin Durant is going to fix Sprint?

It's a fact what they did wrong. Everything I mentioned and then some. When you're losing billions year after year EVERYTHING they have done is wrong.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by lip008 View Post
    Yeah...I would suggest there is a new way. How about Claure taking a salary of the average Sprint employee. Make the other suits do the same...UNTIL...a profit is turned. Then take your 20 mil salary and stock after the job is done.

Sounds innovative and refreshing to me! And in doing so come out and say the suits are going to pay for Sprint's blunders while our employees from the bottom up are more important now than ever.
    How do you suggest Sprint force Marcelo or any executive to work there when they can freely go elsewhere?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You let them go elsewhere. Then you hire people who want to stay put until they turn the tide.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You let them go elsewhere. Then you hire people who want to stay put until they turn the tide.
    Who do you plan on hiring that will work for less than executive wages?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbin View Post
    Yes, they were able to pick and choose the stores they wanted and in their wisdom they chose to maintain a Radioshack right across the street from a pre-existing corporate store. Brilliantly efficient, NOT!
    Yes, that's correct. A list of stores slated for closure was released in early 2015 before the first tranches (of three) were due for closure. CNN Money had an interactive of which stores were affected. Either way, it had been planned along even before Sprint acquired the remaining stores which stores were going to get closed.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Typical corporate way...taking a pay cut. Not innovative and refreshing...
    Each suit gets a tantō that they must use if Sprint continues like this.
    No bowing out, no resignations, no golden parachutes, no pay cuts, nor are we otherwise doing it the "American" way.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yea, if someone asked me to leave my company and said "Hey, leave your job and come work for us! We won't pay you the salary of an engineer, just minimum wage but we definitely want only the best engineers!"

Yea, don't think I'll be leaving my data center anytime soon for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Although this is an extreme idea, there is a lot to be said for performance based executive pay. Also, it's not uncommon for a CEO to take a voluntary pay cut. Hesse did at one point, I believe.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hesse was $1.00 pay.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbin View Post
    Although this is an extreme idea, there is a lot to be said for performance based executive pay. Also, it's not uncommon for a CEO to take a voluntary pay cut. Hesse did at one point, I believe.
    Are you sure Hesse's wasn't a "forced" voluntary pay cut?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Why doesn't Sprint just get out of its RadioShack situation? I'm sure that would save them money.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast