Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: How will Verizon Counter ATT

Feedback Score

How will Verizon Counter ATT

After Att today announced they are bring back unlimited data at a reasonable price if you bundle with Direct TV how will Verizon counter? Will they make a deal with someone else such as Dish? I have had 3 lines of unlimited with Verizon for years and after the increase takes effect this is much cheaper. 3 lines before increase on 1400 minute plan with unlimited data now is $212 with my employee discount. 3 lines with ATT would be $180. After the price increase from Verizon I will be at $262 with no subsidy anymore. I Think Verizon is going to have to counter somehow.

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Novatel 7730L, ZTE Mobley, StarTAC
    Carrier(s)
    Viaero, Commnet, VZW, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Verizon will probably launch another pointless root-metrics commercial with rolling marbles and bowling balls. Change their logo to Verizon✓✓+

Regardless, AT&T's move is a pleasant surprise. The $40/month AT&T unlimited tablet plan can probably be re-purposed into a rural broadband solution with some effort. You'll just have to maintain useless Ka Band video services with the death star.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by E_tron View Post
    Verizon will probably launch another pointless root-metrics commercial with rolling marbles and bowling balls.

Regardless, AT&T's move is a pleasant surprise. The $40/month AT&T unlimited tablet plan can probably be re-purposed into a rural broadband solution with some effort. You'll just have to maintain useless Ka Band video services with the death star.
    AT&T already says no thethering here http://about.att.com/story/unlimited...bscribers.html

click the picture of the devices and plan on the right hand side of the page. But people might find a way to mask tethering.

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I don't think that KA band Video services are useless especially if you are a sports fan and I bet that Verizon will offer unlimited Mobile broadband for its Fios customers to counter AT&T

Feedback Score
    Also keep in mind the Microsoft surface 3 and other windows 10 tablets have built in hotspot capabilities which would be undetectable. It is not registered as tethering like an ipad.

Feedback Score

How will Verizon Counter ATT

They will need to counter this. There are a lot of directv customers who have Verizon phone but can't get fios. Verizon will need to not require a tv bundle. I will jump on this leaving Verizon if they don't counter it in a good way. At&t has Verizon by the balls with this one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markrubi View Post
    They will need to counter this. There are a lot of directv customers who have Verizon phone but can't get fios. I will jump on this leaving Verizon if they don't counter it in a good way. At&t has Verizon by the balls with this one.
    Yep exactly well see what Verizon does in a few days.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Here Verizon, I made a new logo to counter AT&T's new unlimited offering:

Name:  Verizon check check plus.jpg
Views: 1508
Size:  2.5 KB

The "✓✓+" means that Verizon data is more better-rrr than Death Star data. You'll be able to charge $30 per GB now!

...that will be 50k in consulting fees

Feedback Score
    Ya I have been loyal to my unlimited with Verizon for years but ATT has really improved and in fact has better speeds here in Southern Illinois since they took over Alltel last year. I think this is going to be really bad for Verizon. ATT Is also still offering 500 per line to switch if you don't already have direct tv. I am pretty tempted right now since I'm out of contract with Dish.

Feedback Score
    This could also be a huge final nail in the coffin for Sprint and it makes binge on from Tmobile look stupid now.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    http://about.att.com/story/unlimited...VZJk7uHWdYf6NQ

"*$180: Price after $40 credit for 4th smartphone line. Credit starts in 2 bills. Pay $220/ month until credit starts. After 22GB of data usage on a line in a bill cycle, for the remainder of the bill cycle AT&T may slow data speeds on that line during periods of network congestion. Additional data and other restrictions apply."
    Current carrier: Sprint (11/01/2017)
    Previous carriers: T-mobile & Verizon

Feedback Score
    Here Verizon, I made a new logo to counter AT&T's new unlimited offering:

Name:  Verizon check check plus.jpg
Views: 1508
Size:  2.5 KB

The "✓✓+" means that Verizon data is more better-rrr than Death Star data. You'll be able to charge $30 per GB now!

...that will be 50k in consulting fees
    sorry, Sprint registered their trademark for the pluses

LTE+

http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/spr...ver-before.htm

you have to use checkmarks on verizon

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Darn... back to the drawing boards...

This ATT announcement confirms that wall garden mobile video services are the future! Welcome to the new Cable TV system: your cell phone. Cable TV providers: your on notice. Death Star is out for blood. Verizon better start leveraging their agreement's with the Cable TV providers ASAP.

The return of unlimited (even if it is a ruse to sell more captive portal services and TV) makes me smile. I think Big Red is in deep trouble and must answer Magenta, Death Star, and... yellow + hot mess? At least AT&T has the decency to leave the pipe wide open maintaining some semblance that there is more to the internet than Apps, Facebook, and Netflix...

In the wood's of Maryland's eastern shore.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Only way to counter would be to buy Dish.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Verizon will probably launch another pointless root-metrics commercial with rolling marbles and bowling balls. Change their logo to Verizon✓✓+

Directv worthless? Not quite

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast