Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

"Who The f*&k are you EFF"?

Well it's a sad day.

https://twitter.com/JohnLegere/statu...01130427531264

I may not agree with the EFF on this issue (I don't think it's a net neutrality violation if it's optional), but I support the EFF. I don't think this made John look good.

It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Carrier(s)
    Current: T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am not taking any sides, but I am at loss in understanding the outrage over this. Binge On says *if* you enable it, then there is an optimization that takes place(on ALL videos they detect as videos), videos from certain providers will not count towards your data and remaining video streams will still be optimized, but will count towards your data. So, for someone with limited data, isn't it a good thing?

I have unlimited data, disabled Binge On, and noticed that all videos play at the highest resolution on my iPhone 6s +. I don't see them optimizing my You Tube or anything else. I tried testing with Binge On enabled and could see the difference. I'd say there is an issue if I disabled Binge On and if they are still optimizing my You Tube and other videos.

Feedback Score
    I am a huge fan of the eff, and they have been a very widely and deeply respected organization fighting for the people for a very long time. If he really is trash talking them just for asking for clarification, that's going to be a big PR mistake

Feedback Score
    I can't actually find the WTF comment anymore looks like it got edited? I love the answer from the guy down below asking quote John are you high or what?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    I am a huge fan of the eff, and they have been a very widely and deeply respected organization fighting for the people for a very long time. If he really is trash talking them just for asking for clarification, that's going to be a big PR mistake
    Like I said... #sadday

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by p6B5Nm5b View Post
    Well it's a sad day.

https://twitter.com/JohnLegere/statu...01130427531264

I may not agree with the EFF on this issue (I don't think it's a net neutrality violation if it's optional), but I support the EFF. I don't think this made John look good.

It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.
    I think this situation reflects poorly on Legere and his judgment as CEO of T-Mobile. Shouldn't someone in his position have a firm understanding of an organization so fundamental to his industry like the EFF is?

It seems like it also reflects poorly on his command of the English language. There are so many other words that are more fitting to describe his sentiments yet he had to resort to an ineffective curse?

There also is already an existing EFF thread in this forum. Don't forum rules dictate that this post should have been posted there?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rattili View Post
    I am not taking any sides, but I am at loss in understanding the outrage over this. Binge On says *if* you enable it, then there is an optimization that takes place(on ALL videos they detect as videos), videos from certain providers will not count towards your data and remaining video streams will still be optimized, but will count towards your data. So, for someone with limited data, isn't it a good thing?

I have unlimited data, disabled Binge On, and noticed that all videos play at the highest resolution on my iPhone 6s +. I don't see them optimizing my You Tube or anything else. I tried testing with Binge On enabled and could see the difference. I'd say there is an issue if I disabled Binge On and if they are still optimizing my You Tube and other videos.
    I think the piece that people have the most problem with is that if you accept the throttling of participants in the program willingly as a customer other video providers are indiscriminately throttled as well despite their lack of agreement to participate.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jalan View Post
    I think this situation reflects poorly on Legere and his judgment as CEO of T-Mobile. Shouldn't someone in his position have a firm understanding of an organization so fundamental to his industry like the EFF is?

It seems like it also reflects poorly on his command of the English language. There are so many other words that are more fitting to describe his sentiments yet he had to resort to an ineffective curse?
    His target audience, young adults, seem to appreciate his frankness and language. You kind of can't argue with success. Were they not doing so well, he'd have more trouble getting away with it for sure.

With that said, I don't disagree with you that this wasn't his best performance. I can't explain, it, I can't justify it, I'm disappointed. #sadday

Feedback Score
    How does this reflect poorly on him when he swears publicly all the time? What does that have to do with his judgement? He is expressing himself the way he sees fit. Just like anyone else would.

Oh you mean like "#Tmobilelikehell" and "I am so tired of your Uncarrier bull***** when you are worse than the other two carriers together. Your cheap misleading lease?"

There also is already an existing EFF thread in this forum. Don't forum rules dictate that this post should have been posted there?
    Just because your thread got locked doesn't mean this one should. This is about John Legere's comment about the EFF.

Feedback Score
    I think the piece that people have the most problem with is that if you accept the throttling of participants in the program willingly as a customer other video providers are indiscriminately throttled as well despite their lack of agreement to participate.
    T-Mobile is not throttling Binge On partners.

Device(s)
    IPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    His foul mouth is not befitting a CEO of such a large company. I like T-Mobile and their shaking up the cellular industry but I can do without the vulgar language. A CEO's job is to manage a company with dignity and professionalism, not to try and "be cool".

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elrod View Post
    His foul mouth is not befitting a CEO of such a large company. I like T-Mobile and their shaking up the cellular industry but I can do without the vulgar language. A CEO's job is to manage a company with dignity and professionalism, not to try and "be cool".
    His duty it is to his share holders, his employees, and his customers. If his "foul mouth" helps the company, and it certainly appears it does, then more power to him right? It's hard to argue with success. If it wasn't working, or his performance was marginal, I'm sure it'd be a *much* bigger issue.

Being "cool" seems to be working.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian Cortez View Post
    All video is "throttled" (or whatever they're calling it). The partners video just doesn't count against data buckets, that's the only difference as I understand it.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian Cortez View Post
    480p-ish quality is still throttling them. It's even more frustrating that it's either "get some video free if all of it is throttled" or "get no video free if none of it is throttled." All video needs to be treated equally under Binge On, either all is free if it's throttled or none of it is free. At minimum, the options need to be more granular (so that if someone only wants Binge On partner video to be throttled, they can do that without having to manually go in every time and change it.)

I'm trying out T-Mobile for a month, in part because I thought Binge On was a nice concept, but the mix of a lack of coverage in rural areas and buildings unless you have a band 12 device and the recent news about Binge On (and the CEO's reaction to it) have me very quickly thinking that staying with Cricket is my best option.
    Sprint Kickstart plan ($15/mo.):

Carrier(s)
    TMo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jebr View Post
    ... have me very quickly thinking that staying with Cricket is my best option.
    Isn't Cricket throttled anyway?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast