Thread: OnePlus2

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score

Question OnePlus2

Just received my OnePlus2 yesterday and need you guys opinion on which US Prepaid/MVNO would be best to use with it?
    ~~Teresa ~~

Feedback Score
    Stick to the AT&T network for better geographic coverage, lots of excellent providers depending on what your needs for usage volume is , voice minutes text volume and megabytes per month. whether you need roaming, also is customer service important to you? Do you need hotspotting? Multiple lines?

There are t mobile providers that are cheaper, but I would probably wait until that phone has band 12 + volte certification

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Thank for the reply HansCT. Will definitely be going with AT&T coverage, live in the country and T-Mobile is not good where I live. Use around 1GB data per month, mostly when away from home, use wifi at home. Voice between 500-600 mimutes per month and text use that quite a lot. I have an LG G2 right now on PagePlus on the 1200 plan and it's very sufficient.
    I'm checking out H20, was wondering if it's any good?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, Lumia 635, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Mint, Tello, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    H2O is fine,but for the price to get 1GB of data ($40 or $36 with autopay) you could consider Cricket ($40 or $35 with autopay) that gets you 2.5GB. I know you said you only use 1GB, but it's still $1 cheaper.

Main cons are that LTE is throttled to 8Mbps (usually not a problem unless you are tethering large files) and tethering is not officially permitted without paying an upcharge (and only on the higher plans). Some people also complain about higher data latency, but many other people do not.

Device(s)
    Currently using a Google Motorola Nexus 6 (2014).
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Pay As You Go $3/month plan w/optional data.
    Feedback Score
    For a OnePlus 2, AT&T Network would be the better choice over T-Mobile especially since T-Mobile lacks in coverages and the OnePlus 2 doesn't have Band 12 and VoLTE.

So if your looking at AT&T Network, I would suggest Net10 as a good option over GoPhone due to the coverage map and the pricing. I know the website is a little weird to refill if your not on autopay, but the service and coverage is really good. (http://www.net10wireless.com/#/plans). My father has Net10 and he pays $40+ tax per month for unlimited talk, text and 2G web after 1.5GB 4G LTE data. The coverage at least in my area is really good.

Feedback Score
    EasyGo is a brand from h2o on AT&T, $20 / mo for unlimited talk and text, unlimited mms and 100mb 4G LTE.

Add on data rolls over forever at $10 per gigabyte.

Unlimited intl text/calls to 11 countries, some mobile to mobile.

Feedback Score
    Or get onto a group with Cricket can't really beat that for value at $23

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks guys for all the replies, will look into them!!!

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I've checked out all the carriers you guys have mentioned. Cricket sounds the best for me, I have a question though...
    I was looking on Cricket web site and checking on porting my number. It says...
    Information Required to Complete a Transfer:
    Account number
    Social Security Number (if applicable)
    PIN or password (if applicable)
    ZIP code on account
    Account name

I will be porting my number from PagePlus, don't have an account number, just a 4 digit pin or password, forget what they call it. When I get ready to activate with Cricket do you think I should call customer service since I don't have an PP account number or try it online? Any thoughts would be appreciated and thank you again for all the suggestions, they've been very helpful!!!

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoose View Post
    H2O is fine,but for the price to get 1GB of data ($40 or $36 with autopay) you could consider Cricket ($40 or $35 with autopay) that gets you 2.5GB. I know you said you only use 1GB, but it's still $1 cheaper.

Main cons are that LTE is throttled to 8Mbps (usually not a problem unless you are tethering large files) and tethering is not officially permitted without paying an upcharge (and only on the higher plans). Some people also complain about higher data latency, but many other people do not.
    Thanks you mmoose! I'm going to go with Cricket!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    I've checked out all the carriers you guys have mentioned. Cricket sounds the best for me, I have a question though...
    I was looking on Cricket web site and checking on porting my number. It says...
    Information Required to Complete a Transfer:
    Account number
    Social Security Number (if applicable)
    PIN or password (if applicable)
    ZIP code on account
    Account name

I will be porting my number from PagePlus, don't have an account number, just a 4 digit pin or password, forget what they call it. When I get ready to activate with Cricket do you think I should call customer service since I don't have an PP account number or try it online? Any thoughts would be appreciated and thank you again for all the suggestions, they've been very helpful!!!

on PP the account # is the 10 digit phone number. The passcode is the last 4 digits of the phone number, unless you have changed it. Any information the winning carrier passes over that does not exist in the losing carrier database gets ignored
    Last edited by anikaperi; 01-08-2016 at 02:11 PM.

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anikaperi View Post
    on PP the account # is the 10 digit phone number. The passcode is the last 4 digits of the phone number, unless you have changed it. Any information the winning carrier passes over that does not exist in the losing carrier database gets ignored
    Thank you so much for the info, very much needed and appreciated!!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, Lumia 635, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Mint, Tello, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    Thanks you mmoose! I'm going to go with Cricket!
    Make sure to get a Cricket referral from someone before you order to get $25 account credit.

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoose View Post
    Make sure to get a Cricket referral from someone before you order to get $25 account credit.
    OK, thanks!!! Just found a link for that!!