Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: International Calls on BYOP

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by envsys View Post
    As I mentioned in my original post, I am on the BYOP plan an do not want to give my IMEI to tracfone. I have been using the byop plan for 8 months, just never created an account. They want an imei to create an account.
    Who is asking you to create and account and when is this happening? Are you trying to buy that $10 card, airtime, what?
    Cheers!

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by envsys View Post
    As I mentioned in my original post, I am on the BYOP plan an do not want to give my IMEI to tracfone.
    Which phone make/model is your BYOP?

Feedback Score
    Is TF international calling included at no additional cost with both CDMA Vzw and GSM AT&T BYOP?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Is TF international calling included at no additional cost with both CDMA Vzw and GSM AT&T BYOP?
    No reason why it should not work with any Tracfone. If you don't have an Android, you have to dial the 800 # .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    On TF web site, they advertise a new free app to make International calls directly from the contact list without having to dial the access number. That will help people with smartphones.
    There seem to be two different things here. Frequent Numbers looks like something on the Tracfone server and asks for the serial number to set up an account. International Dialer is an app on the phone. Both automate the dialing sequence into a one step process.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    No reason why it should not work with any Tracfone. If you don't have an Android, you have to dial the 800 # .
    You can use Frequent Numbers.

Feedback Score
    So here you use the word account as in the OLAM "My Account" interface, where you log into the website with an email address and password? You should be able to go ahead and set that up yourself right? Then there is an option to add a phone and you can put in the sim number for GSM BYOP, or just use any old dummy IMEI see if that works. With CDMA BYOP yes you do need to give them your IMEI just to activate the service.

Feedback Score
    Why not use one of the dialer prefixing apps to automate calling using the 800 number?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buchrob View Post

According to the Tracfone site under "Basic International", that feature is now automatically included, so probably no reason to try registering for it. Calls to certain countries will be deducted from your standard minutes, so no need to buy the $10 card unless you need service to those outlying countries.
    I don't see that the Frequent Numbers feature is included in Basic International. You have to sign up for it which requires the phone serial number.

Many of the destinations in Basic International don't have cell service. All destinations have cell service using the $10 Global card, and there are more locations.

Feedback Score
    Okay, so apparently you do need the $10 International Card to dial some countries (destinations not included with Basic International):

http://www.tracfoneild.com/?AID=ILDHPB#bi-destinations

Not sure which countries are included in basic international ???? So how do you know if you need that $10 card ????

"With the $10 Global Card you can call destinations not included with Basic International. Both cell phones and landlines are covered with the $10 Global Card! All you need to do is to keep your service active with TracFone and you'll be able to add as many cards as you'd like at any time.

This card is for international calls originating in the United States only and does not offer international roaming.

The minutes can only be used to make international calls by dialing 1-800-706-3839, or 305-938-5673 if calling from Hawaii or Alaska.
    ADD NOW

You must have active service to use this card. This card does not add Service Days"

======
    INTERNATIONAL NEIGHBORS FAQ: http://www.tracfoneild.com/faqs-basi...rnational.html

Feedback Score
    You only need the $10 card if you are calling numbers outside the basic destinations. I can call landlines in Europe with basic, for some cells I need the calling card.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beramus View Post
    You only need the $10 card if you are calling numbers outside the basic destinations. I can call landlines in Europe with basic, for some cells I need the calling card.
    I could not find a list of basic destination countries vs ones that need the $10 card ........ Did I miss it?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I could not find a list of basic destination countries vs ones that need the $10 card ........ Did I miss it?
    Go HERE . Click on Basic International below the green line near the top of the screen. Scroll down a little and you'll see 4 green boxes. Click on Destinations.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Go HERE . Click on Basic International below the green line near the top of the screen. Scroll down a little and you'll see 4 green boxes. Click on Destinations.
    I saw that list. Is that the Basic International Destinations list? Then where are the Destinations that need the $10 card? Why is this so hard for me to get ?

With the $10 Global Card you can call destinations not included with Basic International ???

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I saw that list. Is that the Basic International Destinations list? Then where are the Destinations that need the $10 card? Why is this so hard for me to get ?
    That's the Basic International Destination list, which includes countries that you can call using your regular minutes (just like a domestic call), although calls to cell phones in those countries are not available unless specifically indicated. For any countries that are not on that list, or to call a CELL PHONE in a country not indicated (like Australia) then you'll have to use the $10 International Card which are billed at different rates (see rate table ). Clear as mud ?

For example: you can call a landline or cell number in the Bahamas using your regular minutes because CELLULAR is indicated next to Bahamas. You can call a landline in Australia using your regular minutes; but to call a cell phone number in Australia you'll have to use the $10 International Card and get billed $0.05 per minute, deducted from your $10 card.
    Last edited by hpham; 01-08-2016 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Edited the rate for calling an Australian cell number

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast