Thread: Need Help - Rogers Changed Plan Terms on Me After Porting From Bell

Feedback Score

Need Help - Rogers Changed Plan Terms on Me After Porting From Bell

Hey Guys,

Needed help to figure out how to handle this situation I've found myself in. I was with Bell on a decent plan (was month-to-month after my 3 year contract expired). After discussing with both a Bell Rep and a Rogers Rep I went with the Rogers business plan.

I advised them that I'm a CPA and eligible for a 30% discount and asked if that discount was available on corp plan and if I was also eligible for port in credits. The agent said that shouldn't be an issue just would have to order the devices, once they come in verify that the credits are there, verify the 30% discount and then port the number. The Rogers Rep verified my credits, ported me over and then sent me to a department to verify my discount AFTER porting my number.

When speaking with the department dealing with business discounts I was told after my number had been ported that I couldn't get the 30% discount on a corporate plan only on a personal plan! I spoke with a few different rep's and a manager and they all said the same thing...basically sorry the first person should've told you that the discount didn't apply...blah...blah...blah.

Now my only options according to a manager I spoke with and last rep is wait three months, get my port in credits and then change over to a personal plan to get my discounted rate. Only issue with that is that the personal plans are not as good as the business plans?

Anybody have any suggestions on how I should proceed? Think its really unfair that my number got ported and then they told me afterwards that the discount I thought I was eligible for on the plan I wanted I'm not eligible for and now I've lost the decent plan I had with Bell (and also I've lost the offer Bell was offering me to stay which now without the discount from Rogers might've been better in hindsight).

Any help is appreciated?

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    only the business plans get 30 percent discount and they are the share everything plans can you tell us what plan you got in detail ?

Feedback Score
    Hi,

I am current on the Rogers Share Everything Flex Data Business Plan:

100/month Plus 50 for second line (bought two Note 4's)
    Unlimited Canada wide calling and messaging
    4GB Data (if additional data is used its added in 2GB increments for an additional $10/increment)
    Roam like home
    US long distance savings
    Free device protection on one phone

Also for switching from Bell I received $400 port-in credit per line x 2 = $800

They keep telling me that I can only get the 30% discount on a personal plan and not the business plan.

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Samsung S8, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The sales rep should have known - the port in credit is for Small Biz accounts, and the 30% like you found out was for a consumer plan. It's a one or the other kind of thing.

That said, if the promised you and the call is recorded, I would say speak to OOP next or a complaint to the CCTS.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    I would agree to also complaint to oop and the ccts you basically got screwed over