Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 1 bard of fair coverage

Feedback Score

1 bard of fair coverage

I have a AT&T note 4 unlocked I am picking up one bard of LTE on band 4 what do I need to get decent reception on Immobile calls go to 2G which is terrible I have AT&T but want to get away from them. I live in Arkansas near fort smith Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 826
Size:  501.1 KB

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by John Chambers View Post
    I have a AT&T note 4 unlocked I am picking up one bard of LTE on band 4 what do I need to get decent reception on Immobile calls go to 2G which is terrible I have AT&T but want to get away from them. I live in Arkansas near fort smith Name:  Untitled.png
    What's wrong with AT&T?

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL)

Duluth, MN
    4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Feedback Score
    Why do you want T-Mobile, their maps are more overconfident than AT&T's map and the AT&T not 4 should have band 12 and 17. T-Mobile is bad for coverage with their way overconfident map. AT&T is Way better than T-Mobile because they have band 17 almost everywhere.

Feedback Score
    I want unlimited data and a cheaper bill.

Feedback Score
    From sensorly
    http://sensorly.com/map/2G-3G/US/USA...C+USA|coverage

Looks like tmobile has weak LTE and 2g (no 3g) in your area. Probably part of the 2G->LTE conversion this year

If you want to make calls in lte, you need a phone that can do VoLTE on T-Mobile

The latest phones sold directly by tmobile can do this (eg tmobile version of note4 and newer).

Some cross-carrier phones (but not all) support volte on tmobile too(eg iPhone 6/6s/6+/6s+, nexus 6/5x/6p...)

Note: coverage still may not be as good as att due to gaps in their network. Seems like tmobile owns band 12 in Arkansas which helps improves coverage. Suggest you to look for a phone supporting band 12(which means <=1year old)

http://www.spectrumgateway.com/compatible-phones

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'd say that VoLTE calls on weak LTE may be more problematic than just letting it fall back to GSM. If they're too weak or unsatisfactory in your area, then don't switch to them.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon MVNO
    Feedback Score
    What's wrong with GSM calls? I make GSM calls all the time.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    ...I am picking up one bard ....
    Is that an immortal bard by any chance?
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotlte View Post
    What's wrong with GSM calls? I make GSM calls all the time.
    none of the glorious HD Voice on 2G...

praise AMR-WB!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post
    none of the glorious HD Voice on 2G...

praise AMR-WB!
    Aren't UMTS calls on AT&T comparable to T-Mobile's GSM call quality?
    - Galaxy S10 (T-Mobile / 128GB / Black)
    Twitter | Homepage

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure Edition 32GB 2015
    Carrier(s)
    ex Verizon Wireless - Currently: T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by One Direction View Post
    Why do you want T-Mobile, their maps are more overconfident than AT&T's map and the AT&T not 4 should have band 12 and 17. T-Mobile is bad for coverage with their way overconfident map. AT&T is Way better than T-Mobile because they have band 17 almost everywhere.
    He said he wants to hop off AT&T and it's his choice. Not everyone is fanboy of AT&T come on man

Fios 1024/1024

Feedback Score
    T-mobile may very well meet your needs better than AT&T, certainly in the value for money department. As long as you are aware of their signal coverage for the areas where you need it.

If you are not certain about this, it is not at all expensive to test it with a cheap phone while you keep your production service and daily driver intact. Do not under any circumstances rely on any carrier maps for accuracy at the local level.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    T-mobile may very well meet your needs better than AT&T, certainly in the value for money department. As long as you are aware of their signal coverage for the areas where you need it.

If you are not certain about this, it is not at all expensive to test it with a cheap phone while you keep your production service and daily driver intact. Do not under any circumstances rely on any carrier maps for accuracy at the local level.

Why not take T-Mobile up on their "Lifetime Coverage Guarantee"? Go to a T-Mobile store and open up a line and get a qualifying phone with BAND 12. Then you have 30 days risk-free to test out how their coverage is around your area. If at any time within the 30 days you are dissatisfied with the coverage, return to the T-Mobile store and cancel your line. They will refund you the first month's fee, and you can return the phone for a full refund (I'm pretty sure it's 30 days... you may want to double-check with a T-Mobile rep). The only thing you MAY lose out on is some taxes... maybe...

If you stick with T-Mobile, at any point you can invoke their "Lifetime Coverage Guarantee" (even years from now) and they will refund your last month's charge (essentially not charge you for the current billing cycle) and will offer to unlock your phone so you can take it to another carrier.

This way you don't have to do anything to your AT&T plan (yet) until you decide on which one to go with. This would also be the most accurate way to get the information you want (instead of relying on forum visitors who may not have had experience with that particular carrier in those particular areas and a general carrier coverage map).
    - Chokaay

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Just get a band 12 from tmobile. And tmobile does not compress their voice, so calls in 2g are very clear, nothing is wrong there. Heck, sometimes i force my iphone to go to 2g just for call quality.
    Band 12 is the way to go.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by patt2k View Post
    He said he wants to hop off AT&T and it's his choice. Not everyone is fanboy of AT&T come on man
    I'm just saying T-Mobile's map is even more misleading then AT&T's map it's the same thing here in Colorado, I go out to Yoder, CO alot and T-Mobile caims they cover band 2 in a 25 mile radius (50 mile diameter) and when I go ot to my friends house outside I get 1 bar of EDGE and inside no service and serching. With AT&T I get 4 bars of LTE outside and 3 bars of LTE inside. People think AT&T's maps are misleading hah T-Mobile's map is way more misleading than AT&T's map and AT&T's Band 17 is better here because in Colorado we have 10x10 and T-Mobile's Band 12 is only 5x5 so AT&T ftw.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast