Thread: Phone repairs..

Device(s)
    Mossberg 817, Ruger American 17HMR, Winchester 3030
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Phone repairs..

I was told by a Fido Supervisor:

IF the phone is sent back to the repair center 3x that they replace the phone
    I was told by a Store Rep that this isn't true??

Feedback Score
    Hey Pantharen,

If a phone has been sent out to be repaired but is still defective after 3 attempts, it may be possible to obtain a replacement. This would be at the discretion of the manufacturer. If you need any help with this or would like to discuss further, feel free to send us a private message

- Christina

Feedback Score

Cool Bang

No it's not at the discretion of the manufacturer they are bound by the warranty they provided to provide me with a functioning phone within a year of the purchase. It is not a discretion that they have to REPLACE IT if they cannot REPAIR IT. There have been cases where the phone was replaced on the first attempt because the manufacturer could not repair it. Of course the rep at the store would say it's not true because it takes about 20-30 minutes process to have the phone sent for repair and it's not something they like doing over and over. I have worked at stores, call centers, and corporate offices and it is a MUST that they have to replace if they cannot repair it. Forget about what Fido Solutions posts it is clearly a FIDO Social Media account.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FidoIntruder View Post
    ... Forget about what Fido Solutions posts it is clearly a FIDO Social Media account...

Are you serious?!?!?
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Feedback Score
    I was told by a Fido Supervisor:
    IF the phone is sent back to the repair center 3x, they replace the phone
    I totally believe this customer was told that information. I won't say why either,but it IS up to the manufacturer discretion, if they want to give you another phone or not, but it is not a mandatory option for the manufacturer. Its also up to Fido to find a solution.
    Has anyone read the Terms and Conditions recently or Fido.ca warranty info: After-sales manufacturer’s warranty
    Throughout the MANY years, agents passed that information down to the customers 3X and manufacturer will replace the phone. As with everything else at Fido. Info has changed, or never was proper information in the first place.
    Who cares where Christina is from? She is offering the customer a solution. The solution here would be to help the customer. Its not his fault the phone was defective. It could have happened anywhere, in the warehouse, on delivery, those guys throwing boxes around the trucks, etc. Fido SOLUTIONS is just that, whether it be social media or not. OFFERING TO HELP THE CUSTOMERS. (Solutions) get it.
    I have worked at stores, call centers, and corporate offices and it is a MUST that they have to replace if they cannot repair it.
    Corporate Offices: Really, where do you see that information, ANYWHERE. Is that in the PTM. It never was.
    I have a statement to make about the stores, but I get into enough trouble on here, I don't need more to come back and bite me. Call centers don't work on commission, and call center agents are much more helpful...... (just saying.......) Now I am wondering about the corporate offices. WOW, thats a biggy. This is why I come in here only once in a while, come in, get in trouble, get out. Right FRITZ, we are really good at that. But it was a new day, a NEW YEAR, thought I do it again. Someone needs to step up to the plate, I guess that would be ME. LOL, HAPPY NEW YEAR and may all of FIDO'S customers start trusting the call center agents, they are actually giving you the correct information. Oh if you have a hangover today and your reading this, please don't make a smart aleck comment. Fido is actually doing their damdest to make Fido customers happy again, but I thought Corporate Office knew that.

Feedback Score
    No it's not at the discretion of the manufacturer they are bound by the warranty they provided to provide me with a functioning phone within a year of the purchase. It is not a discretion that they have to REPLACE IT if they cannot REPAIR IT. There have been cases where the phone was replaced on the first attempt because the manufacturer could not repair it. Of course the rep at the store would say it's not true because it takes about 20-30 minutes process to have the phone sent for repair and it's not something they like doing over and over. I have worked at stores, call centers, and corporate offices and it is a MUST that they have to replace if they cannot repair it. Forget about what Fido Solutions posts it is clearly a FIDO Social Media account.
    You have a lot of MUSTS in there. There is no MUST. There are no laws saying they MUST replace it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ircu View Post
    You have a lot of MUSTS in there. There is no MUST. There are no laws saying they MUST replace it.
    So why do they provide a warranty then ? Do you know what the meaning of Warranty is ?

Feedback Score
    So why do they provide a warranty then ? Do you know what the meaning of Warranty is ?
    No one is going to force the manufacturer to honour it. They could come back with 100 reasons why they wouldn't from even as simple as hey you didn't register your device with them when you purchased it.

There is no MUST unless there are laws and people behind it forcing them to do something.

Also dealing with the manufacturer falls to you, Fido is willing to help with that to a point but no one says they MUST do it.

Feedback Score
    So why do they provide a warranty then ?
    some vendors provide very good service under warranty, for example I find Motorola and apple to generally be very good. Usually best to buy directly from them. If you are dealing with your service provider then it can vary a lot as well

For many it's just a marketing scam unless you live in a country where the government has good consumer protection, as opposed to supporting corporations over citizens

Feedback Score
    Definition of service provider: General: Organization, business or individual which offers service to others in exchange for payment.
    Definition of manufacturer: Entity that makes a good through a process involving raw materials, components, or assemblies, usually on a large scale with ...
    So WHY is this a marketing scam.
    This whole issue started up above......A customer was given wrong information, an agent from Fido offered a solution. Someone else offered their opinion, which is not stated anywhere, their own opinion of what a manufacturer SHOULD do, which is not always the case. What you people don't realize (and obviously corporate office either) is that Fido sells the product, does not make the product, does not deal with the inside of the phone, does not know why the phone is broken, or where it actually got broken, shipping etc. even on the loading dock, could have happened anywhere, although from my experience is it just people wanting higher end phones and don't know how to work them. That's a whole other issue though. Actually, you should not be in here discussing this, you should be on the manufacturer site. Example: Hi - I took my phone to the fido store for repairs twice and the phone is still doing the same thing it was doing before, they didn't fix it. "What was it doing before" It was running really slow and dropping the network all the time, and most of my calls were going straight to voicemail. OH and the phone was heating up as well, it would get very hot in my pocket. "Really, did you activate the new sim card that came with it" No! Should I have. I just cut this one to fit in here.
    I have a buddy that does that stuff. "But why did you not just activate the new one" I didn't have time. "Well, while I have you on the phone, let's activate it" because I can see this card is from 2005 and old sim, you just bought a brand new Samsung Galaxy s6, which is LTE. Ya but I don't want to lose my contacts, that's why I got the sim cut. "So when you took it for repairs, you removed your cover, and your sim card and sent it in BOTH times, correct." Yes, the agent at the store told me to take my sim card out and hang onto the cover so it doesn't get lost. Do you have the correct cover on the phone so its not blocking the vents, do your ever take it out of your pocket so the vents are not blocked, no, are you using the cover from your other phone. Ya I paid a lot of money for that one. GONE FOR REPAIRS, NO COVER, NO SIM, THE MANUFACTURER CAN'T FIND ANYTHING WRONG. SENDS IT BACK. Of course they don't need the cover and are using the PROPER sim card to check it out. Oh btw, they also flash the phone, and lose your contacts. Everyone is wasting everyone's time, so lets pull this one. WELL IF YOU DON'T GIVE ME A BRAND NEW PHONE RIGHT NOW, I WILL CALL THE CRTC. They are not going to give you a brand new phone on the third try either. They can't check your sim card, YOU HAVE IT.
    If you remember further up on this blog, Christina from Fido Solutions offered a Solution. BUT BUDDY INTRUDER THOUGHT THAT WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. But hey who cares.
    Forget about what Fido Solutions posts it is clearly a FIDO Social Media account.
    Personally, I would accept Christina's help, they don't want you to go through anymore frustration. They want happy customers, but the customers don't want to be happy, go figure. OH YA: You get more bees with honey, you call and start threatening, cursing, swearing, just what the HELL do you think is going to happen. Your not going to get what you want. OH, I am talking about some of the woman LOL and men before I get into trouble for discrimination here to. Most manufacturers are very good with their warranties, some of you don't actually tell us WHY they won't give you a new phone on the third try. "like, i left it in my truck over night in -20 weather, when I brought in the rest of the day, it stopped working. The manufacturer says its my fault, there is water damage." I didn't have it in the water. Blame the providers though and call the CRTC. Sooner or later the CRTC will catch on to the abuse.
    the government has good consumer protection
    anyone doing anything about the HYDRO, has anyone heard anything.

Feedback Score
    TL;DR

But then the forum says that is too short

Device(s)
    1+1
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    ...bet u r one of these reps that goes and say "go to the store and they'll give u the simcard for free"...or "go to XYZ store and they'll have the phone ready for u"...or "the phone is reserved for u"...or "go to any store and they will replace it for u"...

The warranty is a mean to provide some sort of comfort to a customer in case of an event when the device/accessory/element or whatever it is, fails regardless of QA, so far reading on the warranty for any device, NOWHERE does it say that after 3 fixes they will replace the device, but hey, I maybe wrong, so is up to u to pls, copy/paste the spot, or point, or wherever it says such thing.

I mean, not even mApple does it, and even if they do replace the unit is not a new one but a refurbish, and only if the situation is really bad.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I guess, I was lucky.
    Every case is looked at differently, I never sent my phone in!

I had an HTC m8 **** the bed on me, out of the blue, and I'm careful-ish with my phones.
    9mos into "warranty"...

Go into original store to get jerked around, telling me **** that isn't true even though I worked there - useless clowns;
    Call 611 numerous times - each time different story/scenario;
    Bought BB temporarily, find out someone at Fido cancelled my BIS 6GB option some time ago;
    2weeks with a ****** BB 9900 that I paid for out of pocket so, I can like, have a phone to use

Email Ombudsman in a rage to state my concerns about Fido's inability to acknowledge warranty work & the BS each level of "customer service" put me through and countless hours wasted on phone/driving to & in store.

Get a call 30mins after email sent. Giving me a 700$ credit since they won't bother with HTC m8 repair, no longer have it, and I can just go and "buy" a new device of my choice.

Got an S6 for 50$