Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thoughts on Sugar Mobile

Carrier(s)
    Solo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Xans View Post
    Do you know if nextplus allows number port ins? How's the call quality over LTE? I used to use Fogo over Fido LTE and it was quite choppy at times.
    Not officially... But yes. They can port your number in. Where is your prefix (CO code?
    )? That's to say, do you have an Edmonton, Toronto, Vancouver, etc. Phone number? I just want to make sure they'd support it. Your best bet would be to make a request on the Google+ beta tester forum. Feel free to Pm me if you need more help. And I've sampled a lot of VoIP apps and Nextplus is my personal favourite. I'm in Edmonton so LTE coverage yields exceptional call quality as far as I'm concerned. I frequently dial echo tests and I believe that Nextplus is far superior to Fongo (and textfree).

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Surprised noone seems to have tried this carrier
    Even 8Com had a go back in the day
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kav2001c View Post
    Surprised noone seems to have tried this carrier
    Even 8Com had a go back in the day
    Right now, I'm giving it a test drive. App is not stable on my BlackBerry Passport. I am not receiving notifications on my handheld for incoming texts. When incoming calls come through and I try to answer, the app crashes. I have to use the Android app as there isn't a BB10 native app, and need it as Rogers is discontinuing the Rogers One Number service.

Now, the interesting thing I've noticed is, I am able to see almost all of the SIP login credentials. I have tried other softphones, but only one worked (but it was lacking in features). I was hoping to use it with Taki through Blackberry World as it is a native app. But it keeps saying 'registration timeout.' Hopefully I can figure it out soon.

I should also mention that there isn't any MMS service, but according to a tweet by Sugar Mobile, it is coming. Last but not least, as I am using the Wi-Fi only version and didn't obtain a SIM card for Mobile Network use, the plan is only $19 for 3 months. A great deal IMHO.

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
    Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile (formerly Wind)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    Hope this makes Ice push to get a real MVNO contract or want to enter somewhere in the market as a true mobile operator.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using HoFo mobile app
    I will never buy an HTC ever again! (two broke within 4 years, which were well taken care of)

Learn about price collusion, https://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comm...n_of_canadian/ Canada has the highest utility rates in the G7 countries. Say no to price collusion, be informed of the CCTS, Industry Canada and the CRTC. The working class needs affordability in today's society.

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    Sugar Mobile (anyone remember them?)
    Last I saw they had a picture of a SIM card on the side of a milk carton
    March 2018 is new drop dead date for review so we shall see

Quote Originally Posted by Samar Bishay
    Disrupting Mobile: A Message from Sugar Mobile’s CEO

Hello All,

2017 began as a year of optimism and ended with silver linings with much to appreciate, especially our loyal customers and supporters.

Year-End Review
    Given that the existence of Sugar Mobile heralds possible disruption in the Canadian Mobile market, it was no surprise that the incumbents asked for regulatory intervention aimed at shutting us down. The CRTC, interpreting policies literally, ruled in favour of the incumbents in March, sadly forcing us to cease offering services to our loyal customers.

In June, Innovation Minister Navdeep Bains challenged the CRTC ruling based on WiFi First principle. Bains told the Canadian Telecom Summit in Toronto the WiFi-based model could benefit Canadian consumers, particularly those who are less well-off.

“This lack of choice does not benefit Canadians,” Bains said. “For this reason, I am directing the CRTC to rethink its decision and reconsider the WiFi first model.” The WiFi First network service model is a technology using an Over-the-Top (OTT) app where phone calls and text messages can be transmitted through data.

Bains mandated the regulator to launch a new examination of the subject and to complete its review by March 31, 2018.

Advancing Progress
    We’re proud and eager to continue working hard to bring a WiFi First network to Canadians. Together, we’ll lead the transformation of how regulators view the market and how Canadians consume mobile.

What’s on the horizon:

Data, data and more data. You only pay for the data that you need and not a byte more. Everything else is free.
    Our Product Development team is re-imagining and re-working the user experience thanks to the invaluable feedback from our loyal customers.
    Continuous performance improvements.
    Guaranteed lowest prices and the best value in Canada.
    On behalf of the entire team at Sugar Mobile, I’d like to wish you a Bright and Happy New Year! Thank you for your continued support and I look forward to the great things we can accomplish together in 2018.

Sincerely,

Samer Bishay
    President & CEO Sugar Mobile

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2