Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: RingTo transitioning to paid service.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    I wasn't complaining, I'm pleased that it even happened.
    Just pointing out likely reasons for the delay for others.

During the week, w/o holiday backups, people have seen a few hours to a day.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Anphone idroid View Post
    Another URL. That was exactly my point. They never sent any notifications to users who didn't port into ringto. You have to learn about it from a website. And there are many apps I use where I never go on their website. I've used grooveip for years without ever been to their website.
    That's the only official statement I've seen from SNRB. I think they are waiting to get it worked out to not scare away users with vague info.

Ring.To won't say more because GVIP users are not really their "customers" and SNRB should be contacting people, same as Obi should contact their customers.
    But you wouldn't find it on the website anyway, at least I couldn't. Only the direct link that was posted elsewhere.

But, I don't remember much from them in the past either. Nothing about shutting down because of Google. That was all mentioned elsewhere. Then suddenly, last minute, switch to Ring.To.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyf View Post
    I'm curious...would this thread have enough room for listing alternative services that include a bucket of minutes as well as the ability to forward SMS and MMS and provide access to a functioning desktop and mobile app? Less than or equal to $1.50/mo?
    Not a question of room, and that would be very much on topic if such a thing existed. So far Google Voice.

These sort of functions are readily available in the world of VoIP, cloud PBX either rented separately or integrated into a VoIP service, usually based on Asterix server, which you can also host yourself on your own infrastructure, set it up on your own cloud VPS.

Dslreports is a good place to get started but be warned just like custom roms it is a bit of a technical rabbit hole.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by collegea View Post
    I happen to like Groove Ip. I had very positive experiences with them using them with Google Voice and RingTo. For many months I was only able to make calls out using Groove IP. I already ported one number out from RingTo. I have two numbers left. I am in the process of testing Verizon through Page Plus. If I like it and everything checks out (Google Voice forwarding, good reception, etc), I am going to sign up for Selectel's $75 year plan for 2000 min/2000 texts/2000MB data (which I will hardly use) and port another line out of RingTo. That will leave one line left and I may go with Groove IP for being solid over the years.
    As for Ring Plus, I'm getting disgusted. I don't use any of the lines for personal or business calls anymore and I have taken all my Ring Plus lines off Google Voice forwarding. Once a day, I use a Ring Plus line to call Google because I know the wait time is about 30 minutes before they pick up. This way I will have voice minutes on my lines while I use the data.
    Unless I'm missing something, Selectel does NOT have a $75 year plan with 2000 min/2000 texts/2000MB.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, Selectel does NOT have a $75 year plan with 2000 min/2000 texts/2000MB.
    Certainly not with 2000MB, I wish they did though!

Device(s)
    Moto G7, Moto G7 Play, Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart, AT&T unlimited Data
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for telling me what it is NOT, instead of what it is.

I wasn't interested in the data anyway, just the 2000 min/2000 texts, as I have unlimited data with Sprint for a flat $42.99 a month on my Netgear Zing Hotspot and 5.5 GB of free data with Ring Plus.

It is cheaper to buy data and voice/text separately, unless, of course, you prefer to put up with free entertainment with the Ring Plus circus.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    That's the only official statement I've seen from SNRB. I think they are waiting to get it worked out to not scare away users with vague info.

Ring.To won't say more because GVIP users are not really their "customers" and SNRB should be contacting people, same as Obi should contact their customers.
    But you wouldn't find it on the website anyway, at least I couldn't. Only the direct link that was posted elsewhere.

But, I don't remember much from them in the past either. Nothing about shutting down because of Google. That was all mentioned elsewhere. Then suddenly, last minute, switch to Ring.To.
    I'm wondering about those dozens of numbers that I created with ring to using the groove IP interface, it sounds like groove IP is almost saying those numbers belong to them, as opposed to me. If I do end up which seems likely paying ringto their $18, I will definitely consolidate from all of those different accounts moving the numbers into one.

I'm wondering if maybe I should start doing that sooner rather than later.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for telling me what it is NOT, instead of what it is.

I wasn't interested in the data anyway, just the 2000 min/2000 texts, as I have unlimited data with Sprint for a flat $42.99 a month on my Netgear Zing Hotspot and 5.5 GB of free data with Ring Plus.

It is cheaper to buy data and voice/text separately, unless, of course, you prefer to put up with free entertainment with the Ring Plus circus.
    You're welcome.

Feedback Score
    Probably a good idea to get them done sooner rather than later.

You never really know what any of these companies are going to do.
    Before Ringto sounded very solid, you were saying they were probably a more reliable bet than Google Voice not too long ago because of the background company that is backing Ringto.

Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    I'm wondering if maybe I should start doing that sooner rather than later.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    You're welcome.
    No problem, it just reveals the type of person you are, your character and disposition.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    Probably a good idea to get them done sooner rather than later.
    That's for sure. When someone shows their true colors, one should act accordingly and in this case, that means get out.

Screw me once, that's on RingTo; screw me twice, that's on me.

Feedback Score
    I think it's pretty funny people can use that terminology for a company that has been delivering a very valuable service for absolutely free in a very reliable way for many years.

When the mother of my children changed her mind about how she was going to spend her life, I didn't get all bent out of shape about her so-called lying to me, breaking promises etc.

Best thing to do is accept the reality that things change, nothing else but death is so constant - and businesses, just like people do have the right to change their mind, and rather than holding a grudge I find it best to simply make the decision that is best for yourself, based on the best information and guesstimate predictions you can make.

Feedback Score
    Which of the 7 children that you claimed to have raised over the last 40 years would this Mother be?

The one who lives in a third world country and can only use sign language to communicate with the youngest kids currently in your possession via Skype because no one in that home, the ex and the in~laws who don't speak English but those two kids can't remember how to speak their first language?

I'm completely fascinated by this chapter.
    Please enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    When the mother of my children changed her mind about how she was going to spend her life, I didn't get all bent out of shape about her so-called lying to me, breaking promises etc.
    I think it's pretty funny people can use that terminology for a company that has been delivering a very valuable service for absolutely free in a very reliable way for many years.

Best thing to do is accept the reality that things change, nothing else but death is so constant - and businesses, just like people do have the right to change their mind, and rather than holding a grudge I find it best to simply make the decision that is best for yourself, based on the best information and guesstimate predictions you can make.

Feedback Score
    No problem, it just reveals the type of person you are, your character and disposition.
    I don't understand your attitude, but whatever. The Selectel $75 Annual Plan comes with 2,000 minutes and 2,000 SMS, but NOT 2,000MB. However, $10 Flex Cards can be added for 3G data, deducted at $0.05/MB as it is used. The $10 Flex Cards can also be used for additional minutes and SMS at $0.05/each, if you run out of one during the year.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't understand your attitude, but whatever. The Selectel $75 Annual Plan comes with 2,000 minutes and 2,000 SMS, but NOT 2,000MB. However, $10 Flex Cards can be added for 3G data, deducted at $0.05/MB as it is used. The $10 Flex Cards can also be used for additional minutes and SMS at $0.05/each, if you run out of one during the year.
    Emphasis on 3G data and 3G only devices!
    Yes you can use the Flex card for Min/Text if you run out during the billing cycle after which using the flex card for stand alone service can lead to billing issues, but this is better discussed on the Selectel thread.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast