Thread: Actual Carrier Name instead of Rogers-EXT

Device(s)
    NEXUS 5 (6.0.1)
    Feedback Score

Actual Carrier Name instead of Rogers-EXT

I would like to know if anyone knows how to get the Actual Carrier Name show instead of "Rogers-EXT" while "Roaming" on either BELL or TELUS.

I use to see the Actual Carrier Name instead of Rogers-EXT before, but since I had a network problem and called in to techsupport, they sent some code to my device OTA and now I can no longer see who is the Actual Carrier I'm logged on to.

This has to be locally stored in the device, because one of my friends has just got a new phone and for whatever the reason he now sees the Actual Carrier when he is "Roaming", but he did not before...

Please, only reply if you are experiencing the same issue or if you do have an idea on how to resolve this issue.
    Thank you for only posting constructive comments.

Feedback Score
    Technically, extended coverage suppose to be name either Rogers_EXT (Rogers Wireless) or Fido_EXT (Fido).

I know you would like to know the actually carrier but to my basic knowledge, it's not suppose to show the Rogers/Fido roaming partners...

...As for your friend, he might have for long...
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If you're seeing "Bell" or "Telus" on your phone instead of "Rogers-EXT" or "Fido-EXT" then it means your SIM has not been provisioned properly. I had the same problem when I first picked up my iPhone 6S back in September. Messaged a Rogers rep over HoFo actually and they re-provisioned my SIM over the air and haven't had an issue since. There is no way to reverse this if Rogers-EXT is currently being displayed, as this is how it is supposed to be. Rogers will not want customer's phones to display Bell or Telus because of competitive reasons (it's like blatantly admitting your network is inferior in that area). I'm not sure why anyone would want to see another carrier's name on the top of their phone regardless of whether their phone is currently roaming or not anyways.

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1, Pixel XL, Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    If you want to see what network you're on, look at who's missing on the network screen.
    Un-Rogered, and getting better 'value'.

Feedback Score
    Why does it matter whos network you are on as long as it works.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ircu View Post
    Why does it matter whos network you are on as long as it works.
    If you are having a BETTER experience while roaming than when you are not roaming, that would be one reason to want to know. If you have multiple roaming partners and want to know which roaming partner is "better" or which roaming partner your own carrier is choosing among the partners available. Sometimes it could simply be curiosity, sometimes it could be plans for moving to another carrier for yourself of helping someone else select a carrier.

The real estate on your screen is valuable, and a psychological reminder of who you are using every time you look at the screen. As the old saying goes, "I don't care what the newspapers say about me as long as they spell my name right." Or, for carriers, I don't care if my network is lousy, I want you to know its the network you are on.
    -----
    Your choices are yours and I do not criticize you for them.
    My choices are mine, please do not criticize me for my choices.
    -----
    Any comments I make are made to further any conversation that is happening and should not be taken as an attack or belittlement of anyone, unless I specifically say so.
    -----
    I dislike all politicians and lawyers equally.

Feedback Score
    you are asking far too much.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Rogers only roams on one network the Bell/Telus/SaskTel shared. So you should know which carrier you're on depending on which area you're in when you connect to it.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    ^True but in all EXT areas except Sask, calls/data will route thru one specific core network (either Bell's core or Telus'core). In Sask, they'll likely route thru Sasktel's core. You won't know which one unless you see the carrier.