Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Lg g2

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    Boz1 - Are you using any VPN or firewall app? I sometimes get that ERR CONNECTION REFUSED message when I try to click on certain links when using HotSpot Shield, on my laptop. An overly aggressive Malware/Antivirus app or browser setting might do it, too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    Boz1 - Are you using any VPN or firewall app? I sometimes get that ERR CONNECTION REFUSED message when I try to click on certain links when using HotSpot Shield, on my laptop. An overly aggressive Malware/Antivirus app or browser setting might do it, too.
    Add ad blocking software to the checklist.
    Cheers!

Device(s)
    LG V40 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V40 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Turtley,
    Di you have your eyes on a G4 or something else for the new year ?
    Your turn! You know you're going to buy one.
    What phone are you eyeing to purchase this year? Resistance is futile!
    LG V40 (Verizon)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtley View Post
    Your turn! You know you're going to buy one.
    What phone are you eyeing to purchase this year? Resistance is futile!
    Here's the kicker, I already bought an LG G4 last year and activated it last week on Tracfone 4G LTE BYOP.

Also bought the Moto E 2nd Gen, Lumia 635, and my favorite Huawei Ascend Mate 2 6.1" phablet too - all in 2015. I'm leaving off the other phones I bought for family.

So no new phones for me for 2016 - I have to stick to that. .

It's only January ... got a long way to go.

In 2014 I thought no more Tracfones, then BYOP came along. What next?

I need to go to Phone-aholics Anonymous meetings now .

Feedback Score
    Yah, right!

If you are going to try to exercise some self discipline, my advice is to just make sure you sell them as fast as you buy them. When you get really good at eBay, $20 to $30 monthly budget will let you keep upgrading as often as you are willing to put in a little time and energy. I have even been making little profits if I turn them around within 6 months lately, which means the budget allows me to climb right up the ladder into flagship territory within a year of release.

Device(s)
    LG V40 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V40 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    @tfusr19,
    11 months, two weeks to go!

Only time will tell my friend!

Feedback Score
    @tfusr19,

I got a phablet, CDMA and GSM coverage, what am I missing. Oh, no octa cores in the stable yet. As if I need one.

Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    Yah, right!

If you are going to try to exercise some self discipline, my advice is to just make sure you sell them as fast as you buy them. When you get really good at eBay, $20 to $30 monthly budget will let you keep upgrading as often as you are willing to put in a little time and energy. I have even been making little profits if I turn them around within 6 months lately, which means the budget allows me to climb right up the ladder into flagship territory within a year of release.
    Good advice. Just got to dig into that sometime soon. What's your daily driver and favorite phone?

Feedback Score
    I got a phablet, CDMA and GSM coverage, what am I missing. Oh, no octa cores in the stable yet. As if I need one.

Good advice. Just got to dig into that sometime soon. What's your daily driver and favorite phone?
    I'm constantly buying and selling, rotating between many dozens, I have a lot of different people whose service I take care of, many of them are actually using phone that belong to me so it is a never-ending flow in both directions, and my published lines on ringto go to a bunch at the same time.

But for out and about usually LG g2, Moto X , XT 1045 , Nexus 5 , at home Nexus 6, recently started buying turbo droids so we'll give those a go.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    I'm constantly buying and selling, rotating between many dozens, I have a lot of different people whose service I take care of, many of them are actually using phone that belong to me so it is a never-ending flow in both directions, and my published lines on ringto go to a bunch at the same time.

But for out and about usually LG g2, Moto X , XT 1045 , Nexus 5 , at home Nexus 6, recently started buying turbo droids so we'll give those a go.
    Thanks! Are you going to stick with RingTo or move out now that they are going to start charging? I guess the nice thing about Nexus is constant OS upgrades. Do you have MM or Nexus? How do you like it, if so?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    I'm using AFWall+. It is set to allow all data while using WiFi, but I'll still try disabling it the next time I encounter this, just to see what happens. I'm not using any Malware/Antivirus app. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Add ad blocking software to the checklist.
    I'm not using any ad blocking software, but thanks.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    I feel you. I've bought 5 this year myself. 2 G2s, Droid Mini, Droid 4 (think, maybe it was 2014), GS3. Oh and a L41C (used on Red Pocket).

I don't see any of the current ones not being up to needs.
    Worried a great deal will present itself though...

Device(s)
    LG V40 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V40 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    I feel you. I've bought 5 this year myself. 2 G2s, Droid Mini, Droid 4 (think, maybe it was 2014), GS3. Oh and a L41C (used on Red Pocket).

I don't see any of the current ones not being up to needs.
    Worried a great deal will present itself though...
    Well you did resist buying the $10 BF Moto E so you may make it this year.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Well you did resist buying the $10 BF Moto E so you may make it this year.
    I was out of town on vacation and don't get near stores on BF.

Besides, the Moto E would not have been an improvement for any of the active phones and been useless as all my phones are on Verizon now (can't use a pre-paid phone on post paid account)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    I was out of town on vacation and don't get near stores on BF.

Besides, the Moto E would not have been an improvement for any of the active phones and been useless as all my phones are on Verizon now (can't use a pre-paid phone on post paid account)
    Let my fingers to the buying on the Mote Es from the comfort of my keyboard ..... I did not venture out with all the online goodies available .

Feedback Score
    @tfusr19,

I might have to buy this in 2016 to fulfill the octa core checkbox if Amazon puts it on special for $100 (currently available for pre-order for $200). Dual sim slots and unlocked GSM with fingerprint reader and metal case .

http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/6/107...price-ces-2016
    http://www.amazon.com/Huawei-Honor-5...dp/B019O8YX1K/

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast