Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: AT&T to increase price of grandfathered unlimited plans in February to $35

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Novatel 7730L, ZTE Mobley, StarTAC
    Carrier(s)
    Viaero, Commnet, VZW, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    wow, that's ugly. Your plan increases regardless of contract status. 'Don't like it? Leave!'

It's a material adverse change! Invalidate the contract and get a new smartphone on subsidy on the new $35 tier.

Re-up your contracts now (assuming your out of one) and get them to void the contract in February. Get another subsidized phone.

Feedback Score
    I don't see the old unlimited Ipad plan mentioned. Is that one going to skip by again? I hope they keep ignoring it.

Feedback Score
    Yay, price increases...

Device(s)
    Lg flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was reading article about att increase on facebook and it stated from 5.00 to 35.00 increase....now I cannot find the article and if I find it I will cut and paste for all you.

here it is AT&T: Wireless Carrier to Increase Price of Unlimited Data Plans by $5 to $35 Per Month.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What's five bucks?

Only $2.50 more than inflation from 2008. Especially considering those with employee %'s were paying far less than $29.99. I am curious if they will eliminate those discounts as Verizon did. Does this stink, but let's face it $30 for unlimited data (or 22GB depending how you look at it) is a good deal. Sure, but it's still cheaper (for many) than being on MSV.

It could be far worse...it's cheaper than T-mobile or Verizon's unlimited plans and includes a subsidy.
    AT&T: 2003 (gophone) & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Cingular: 2003-2006
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011
    Verizon Wireless: 2001-2003 & 2011-2013

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    The legacy of the duopoly mimicking each other's price increase continues. At least it wasn't a 66% increase like Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    It just doesn't get any better than this. Just after a few days AT&T returns my unlimited data plan, they come out and decide to tack on an extra $5/month. I just had that sinking feeling that AT&T would try a stunt like this and copy Verizon Wireless. At least they didn't copy the up charge.
    And this is why all 4 carriers need to be heavily looked at and regulated more. What changed in the wireless landscape so suddenly that EACH carrier felt the need to up their unlimited price? All of them did it in the space of a few months - that's either some sudden outside force these companies had to deal with (very unlikely) or they are clearly practicing a form of collusion. Wireless is a utility/commodity - you only see a price increase like this due to outside forces in a regular market. All soup makers increase the price because carrots had a terrible year and they can only make half of their soups now. Oil/Gas goes up in price because a refinery had a natural disaster hit and cannot contribute to the market. NOTHING happened in wireless to drive this so suddenly except pure corporate greed and the fact these carriers know that falsely making unlimited data scarce will show us the wizard for who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post
    What's five bucks?

Only $2.50 more than inflation from 2008. Especially considering those with employee %'s were paying far less than $29.99. I am curious if they will eliminate those discounts as Verizon did. Does this stink, but let's face it $30 for unlimited data (or 22GB depending how you look at it) is a good deal. Sure, but it's still cheaper (for many) than being on MSV.

It could be far worse...it's cheaper than T-mobile or Verizon's unlimited plans and includes a subsidy.
    Only double the inflation rate? Haha... True ATT fashion!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post
    What's five bucks?

I agree. I've been on same grandfather plan forever and have had the same pricing. $5 is nothing.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    And att increase was the least abrasive when compared to the others. 5 is much better than 20 like Verizon. Increases are still no fun though
    Sent from my RM-1073_1004 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy321 View Post
    I don't think the "normal level" CS reps have the power to do it. Has to be escalated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I got both of mine replaced couple years ago when some idiot retention agent mistakedly replaced my 2 unlimited lines with mobile share and then hung up on me when she realized what she had done. .....the back office had to fix it..

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, and a Google Pixel 2 on the way
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The $5 definitely doesn't bother me seeing as I receive a large employee discount, but for me I'm quite sure this won't be the end of the increases on the AT&T unlimited plans. Data consumption is going up exponentially every year and as that happens they will increase this unlimited data plan further...that I promise. I'm really leaning towards selling my plan on eBay while it's still hot just for this reason as I fully expect this price increase just to be the tip of the iceberg. It's a gamble on my end but I fully expect the gamble to be in my favor especially when I can get the same service through cricket for much less money even if it is throttled speeds.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Royemunson View Post
    The $5 definitely doesn't bother me seeing as I receive a large employee discount, but for me I'm quite sure this won't be the end of the increases on the AT&T unlimited plans. Data consumption is going up exponentially every year and as that happens they will increase this unlimited data plan further...that I promise. I'm really leaning towards selling my plan on eBay while it's still hot just for this reason as I fully expect this price increase just to be the tip of the iceberg. It's a gamble on my end but I fully expect the gamble to be in my favor especially when I can get the same service through cricket for much less money even if it is throttled speeds.
    I did this on Verizon 2 years ago and do not regret it one bit. Crunch some numbers.

at&t works better for me and I am paying roughly the same amount but now have hotspot included. For me, 10GB is unlimited. For others it isn't. It's amazing how many people will complain about $60 a year though. Cable goes up, new car pricing goes up, Disney World tickets go up (well past inflation on them, etc. That's life. If anyone thinks they'll be on their unlimited plans forever, get a grip on reality.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, and a Google Pixel 2 on the way
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    When do you guys think At&t will take away the phone subsidy and require Next only financing on these plans? I'm guessing that change is around the corner too.
    Last edited by Royemunson; 12-07-2015 at 03:23 PM.

Feedback Score
    I've been at the same plans since unlimited data and the price hasn't increased since then. $5 is chump change.

Device(s)
    IPHONE 6
    Carrier(s)
    VZW•AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Royemunson View Post
    When do you guys think At&t will take away the phone subsidy and require Next only financing on these plans? I'm guessing that change is around the corner too.
    I believe so, in Vegas I can't do a subsidy phone but in L.A I can. I think their testing markets
    VZW•UDP-AT&T•INTL.UDP A

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile for the whole globe , Att reactivated!!!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by E_tron View Post
    wow, that's ugly. Your plan increases regardless of contract status. 'Don't like it? Leave!'

It's a material adverse change! Invalidate the contract and get a new smartphone on subsidy on the new $35 tier.

Re-up your contracts now (assuming your out of one) and get them to void the contract in February. Get another subsidized phone.
    +1 . I'm going to open a billing dispute in February. Att cannot break the contract and tell me what to do or give 60 days. There is nothing about leave, switch, 60 days in the contract.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast