Page 95 of 127 FirstFirst ... 45 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1899

Thread: "Unlimitedville Unlimited Sprint Hotspot Plans for $42.99/month" 2-year contract Bus.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zonfar View Post
    It's only been a few days.. But...

I have my 341u hooked up to my mbr95 and it's night and day difference between this and the netgear. Before I would get multiple disconnects a day on the netgear needing to hard reset. Or set it to 3g only to avoid constant switching between lte/3g.

341u hasn't disconnected on me once, I'm so glad!
    The new Pocket wifi started out working, but it's been junk since the first few hours. It's like the Zing in that it shows being connected, but nothing happens. I just turned it on to use with the ipad, and it shows connected but nothing opens or downloads. Same situation on & off for the past 24 hrs with the iMac. Very frustrating with them both working one minute, then not the next! A couple of times it just stopped while I was using it. Sometimes I get 7 mbps, then it's under 1 mbps. The Zing is working now, but that will cut out eventually. How likely is it that I got 2 defectives in a row?

How did you get the 314 & which Cradlepoint model do you have? Did Unlimitedville or Impact Wireless help you make it work? We had a 314 % mbr95 router with Wireless n Wifi, that's been returned.

Feedback Score
    The Zing is like my Mingles but with more buttons. I found it helps to get into the hotspot settings and set the timers to never. Otherwise it will decide to shut off the WiFi or even shut down the device when it thinks it isn't in use.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rb5505 View Post
    The new Pocket wifi started out working, but it's been junk since the first few hours. It's like the Zing in that it shows being connected, but nothing happens. I just turned it on to use with the ipad, and it shows connected but nothing opens or downloads. Same situation on & off for the past 24 hrs with the iMac. Very frustrating with them both working one minute, then not the next! A couple of times it just stopped while I was using it. Sometimes I get 7 mbps, then it's under 1 mbps. The Zing is working now, but that will cut out eventually. How likely is it that I got 2 defectives in a row?

How did you get the 314 & which Cradlepoint model do you have? Did Unlimitedville or Impact Wireless help you make it work? We had a 314 % mbr95 router with Wireless n Wifi, that's been returned.
    I bought the 341u and mbr95 on eBay. Totally worth it as it seems to have solved all my headache issues I was having with the zing.

All I did was call sprints tech support number and told them I want to swap devices, gave them my meid for my 341u and I was up and running in minutes.

If anyone else is having disconnects with their zing, I recommend this combo.

Feedback Score
    I bought the 341u and mbr95 on eBay. Totally worth it as it seems to have solved all my headache issues I was having with the zing.

All I did was call sprints tech support number and told them I want to swap devices, gave them my meid for my 341u and I was up and running in minutes.

Thanks for the info. Will keep in mind if further issues.

Device(s)
    Ubite Explore,Netgear Zing
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,Sprint,At&t
    Feedback Score

I had the mbr95 with 341u with another company. It wasn't as stable as my Zing. I have an external antenna hooked to the zing with a booster. Some customers are dealing with weak signals that causes the radio to jump back and forth between 2 towers. JAT.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S5 G900T, Netgear 341U
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rupus2020 View Post
    I had the mbr95 with 341u with another company. It wasn't as stable as my Zing. I have an external antenna hooked to the zing with a booster. Some customers are dealing with weak signals that causes the radio to jump back and forth between 2 towers. JAT.
    Did you by any chance have an mbr95 and a 341u with Wireless n Wifi's 60GB plan?

I used to have that plan and while it was good at times, it was very unstable... I think it was due to a firmware update on the 341u that broke compatibility with the mbr95, but a newer firmware update fixed it!

If you do get a 341u and mbr95 just make sure to update them to the latest firmware versions. As of now I have not had a SINGLE disconnect from my mbr95/341u setup with Unlimitedville yet!

That is NOT to say that this setup is perfect, but it IS as perfect as you can get with this plan! there may be times where you need to restart the router, because that's just necessary sometimes... No router or internet service is perfect!

Device(s)
    Ubite Explore,Netgear Zing
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,Sprint,At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DylanTechGuy View Post
    Did you by any chance have an mbr95 and a 341u with Wireless n Wifi's 60GB plan?

I used to have that plan and while it was good at times, it was very unstable... I think it was due to a firmware update on the 341u that broke compatibility with the mbr95, but a newer firmware update fixed it!

If you do get a 341u and mbr95 just make sure to update them to the latest firmware versions. As of now I have not had a SINGLE disconnect from my mbr95/341u setup with Unlimitedville yet!

That is NOT to say that this setup is perfect, but it IS as perfect as you can get with this plan! there may be times where you need to restart the router, because that's just necessary sometimes... No router or internet service is perfect!

Yes wirelessnwifi. It alqays had the latest firmware on the modem and router. My setup now is solid as it can get on band 26. I don't think the tower has the backhaul capacity as more urban sites have.

Feedback Score
    First time poster and I have been watching this thread for a while. I ordered this week and received my device yesterday. I received the ZTE pocket wifi and with tethering it straight to a computer or using wifi within 10 feet, I am getting 15-20 down and 8-10 up. Actually d/l about 10 gig last night so I think this will be good for me. Parked the ZTE upstairs on a bookcase against a wall directly facing the tower which is about 1.5 miles away. Now I need to get signal downstairs: would a much better network card help my cause or is it the poor broadcasting of the pocket wifi?

Also thinking about tethering the device to a Surf Soho. I read that some people reported early success with that router. I called one of the bigger online router stores and they want to sell me something for 500 that I would basically take my sim card out of and put it in the router.I would rather just tether the Surf as long as I will still be able to connect some devices wirelessly,either to the Soho or the ZTE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew5427 View Post
    First time poster and I have been watching this thread for a while. I ordered this week and received my device yesterday. I received the ZTE pocket wifi and with tethering it straight to a computer or using wifi within 10 feet, I am getting 15-20 down and 8-10 up. Actually d/l about 10 gig last night so I think this will be good for me. Parked the ZTE upstairs on a bookcase against a wall directly facing the tower which is about 1.5 miles away. Now I need to get signal downstairs: would a much better network card help my cause or is it the poor broadcasting of the pocket wifi?

Also thinking about tethering the device to a Surf Soho. I read that some people reported early success with that router. I called one of the bigger online router stores and they want to sell me something for 500 that I would basically take my sim card out of and put it in the router.I would rather just tether the Surf as long as I will still be able to connect some devices wirelessly,either to the Soho or the ZTE.
    I have the pocket wifi and have been using connectify with an old laptop to get a wired connection for several months. I haven't been very happy with that configuration. I used a pepwave surf mini previously with another modem that worked great but wasn't compatible with the pocket wifi.

This week I finally bit the bullet and bought a pepwave surf on the go from 3g store ($99 plus shipping} . It's not listed as compatible via USB on the pepwave website but it is. I plugged the pocket wifi in via USB and it works perfectly. I haven't had any issues. It charges the battery via USB also. The pepwave also has a strong wifi if you want to use it for a hotspot as well.

I ordered the original pepwave surf mini from the 3g store and have been very happy with their customer service.

In your case, if you can't get an ethernet connection to the pocket wifi location in your house the surf on the go can rebroadcast the signal to your router (called wifi as WAN ). As far as the soho, I thought I read in this thread somewhere that our sim doesn't work but I might be mistaken.

Feedback Score
    So the pocket will tether to a pepwave surf on the go? From that point I would just use wifi as wan to another router to get my wired connections? Sounds like another option is the Mofi router which is a bit more expensive but then I wouldn't need then adapters.

Do all routers have the wifi as wan option? So I could get the pepwave and just run to Walmart or Best Buy for a router?

Feedback Score
    So the pocket will tether to a pepwave surf on the go? From that point I would just use wifi as wan to another router to get my wired connections? Sounds like another option is the Mofi router which is a bit more expensive but then I wouldn't need then adapters.

Do all routers have the wifi as wan option? So I could get the pepwave and just run to Walmart or Best Buy for a router?
    All routers do not have wifi as Wan. And the old version pepwave surf mini had it but would not connect to the pocket wifi. The newer version, pepwave surf on the go worked as a usb modem to the pepwave which could be rebroadcast to your main router and /or connected via ethernet. I also was able to connect via wifi as Wan but I think usb works a little better.

I use the usb connection from pocket wifi to pepwave then ethernet to my router. I also rebroadcast the wifi from the pepwave so I can get a better signal outside.

With my previous setup, I used the older version next to my router (ethernet connection) because the wifi on the pepwave could pick up my hotspot easily vs my main router. There are lots of possibilities. Reach out to 3g store they have very good sales reps and I've never felt a high pressure sale.

Feedback Score
    I didnt have another router so I ended up ordering the Mofi router and the people at Mofi assured me that it would tether to the pocket Zte.
    Thank you for all your help.

Feedback Score
    I didnt have another router so I ended up ordering the Mofi router and the people at Mofi assured me that it would tether to the pocket Zte.
    Thank you for all your help.
    You're welcome. Be sure to report back. I'm sure there are others who can benefit from your experience.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffham View Post
    All routers do not have wifi as Wan. And the old version pepwave surf mini had it but would not connect to the pocket wifi. The newer version, pepwave surf on the go worked as a usb modem to the pepwave which could be rebroadcast to your main router and /or connected via ethernet. I also was able to connect via wifi as Wan but I think usb works a little better.

I use the usb connection from pocket wifi to pepwave then ethernet to my router. I also rebroadcast the wifi from the pepwave so I can get a better signal outside.

With my previous setup, I used the older version next to my router (ethernet connection) because the wifi on the pepwave could pick up my hotspot easily vs my main router. There are lots of possibilities. Reach out to 3g store they have very good sales reps and I've never felt a high pressure sale.
    I tried using a pepwave sotg i bought from 3gstore - they were nice people but pepwave has an unstable product that was constantly resetting and had to reboot. i had to turn off the option on pocket wifi for turning itself off when it saw no activity as that would make the pepwave get disconnected every minute or so - very frustrating. buying pepwave was a mistake for me.

My new setup is much more reliable and much faster. i have been using unlimitedville sprint along with an unlimited verizon plan - and i combine them with connection bonding using connectify hotspot and speedify http://speedify.evyy.net/c/251087/185544/3088 so i can combine the wifi from pocketwifi which gets up to 28MB down and 10MB up and the verizon which is less than half of that to get some pretty decent speeds.

Feedback Score
    The Mofi router showed up on Saturday and hooked up very easy and I was up and running in minutes. Been averaging about 18 down and 10 up on speedtest.net but when I did a Steam update for a game that was 476 meg, it reached a high of 24 down.
    So much faster compared to Frontier. We are at 39 gig for the first week. The reading still says unlimited data on the Hotspot page.

Page 95 of 127 FirstFirst ... 45 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast