Thread: Sell/Transfer Old PagePlus Account W/ $135+ Balance? Or "transfer" balance?

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score

Sell/Transfer Old PagePlus Account W/ $135+ Balance? Or "transfer" balance?

So my old pageplus account has just been sitting around for years. I am tired of adding $10 at a time to keep it going. It has a $135 balance. I remember in the past balance transfers didn't exist, but since they do at tracfone maybe things have changed?

Or consider selling the account to someone that can use it. I know I would not get the full value but it would make sense for someone who wants $135 for a fraction of the cost.

Since the balance expires tomorrow I was about to add $10 to keep it going, but seeing what other options are out there first.

Thanks!
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Carrier(s)
    Tello (this month)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary View Post
    Or consider selling the account to someone that can use it. I know I would not get the full value but it would make sense for someone who wants $135 for a fraction of the cost.
    I assume by this that you mean on eBay which to me is just asking to be scammed. Even if you have a honest buyer, you're correct that you would only get a fraction of your balance. I would port the number to an old VZW dumbphone and donate it to a homeless shelter, domestic abuse victims outreach, refugee resettlement agency or some other charity. You could legally make a tax deduction for the price of the phone and maybe even the $135 remaining balance.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    I would think you could get at least $50 for the account...
    Probably even around here (HoFo)...

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    I ended up renewing it in the meantime, and I actually have 1-2 extra $10 codes to go with it. So I am up to $155+

For those of you who sent me PM's, sorry, my mailbox was full.

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Well I did end up throwing it on eBay just now. In the past 6 months I didn't even make one call. Not sure what the going rate is for an account that has $153.57 on it after the $10.00 I just added, but I put it down for $99.95 OBO. If I can't get any bites then I will most likely just activate it on a plan and donate it to a women's shelter or something.