Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Christmas gift - free 3 months Unlimited LTE data for Simple Choice Prepaid

Hop, Skip, and a Jump from Tijuana, Mexico
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by besweeet View Post
    Where do you see those?
    I meant TM's competition are offering higher prices with less features
    MOBILE HISTORY:
    TM
    * 16: Moto X Pure 64GB Black
    TM, Telcel, ATT
    * 15: Note 3, ZE600, 2720
    * 14: Galaxy Avant, Z600
    Sprint/ATT
    * 12: GS3, 2720
    Nextel/Boost/ATT
    * 10: BB8350i, 2720
    * 09: i9, BB7520
    * 08: Tilt, i450
    * 07: W810i, A707, 8125, BlackJack
    * 06: L6, Z520, 6682
    VZ/TM/ATT
    * 05: 7135, i600, V551, 6230, 6620, Z600
    * 04: V300, T610, 6035, 3390
    * 03: T720C
    * 02: Advx CDM4000, 9000, 9155GPX, Thera

Feedback Score
    I'm curious as to who is actually worse off because of this temporary perk?

Feedback Score
    Anyone in an area that ends up getting a lot more congestion as a result, especially those who are paying a lot more for the same service than the people being given freebies.
    Not a problem for me personally out here in whoop whoop

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottE92 View Post
    The issue I have with T-mobile is that they really seem to dislike those of us who are actually paying the bills.
    As if the unlimited plan users are the only one paying the bills. Actually most of tmobile customers are on limited plans. So you're not paying as much as you thought. In truth you're probably paying less per GB used than most of tmobile customers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    Anyone in an area that ends up getting a lot more congestion as a result, especially those who are paying a lot more for the same service than the people being given freebies.
    Not a problem for me personally out here in whoop whoop
    Well, the same argument could be made now for the current unlimited users degrading the service of everyone around them. If that were really true, we should all be asking that the current unlimited plans be eliminated. I doubt that this is true however.

My best guess is that it is an experiment to see what the demand and capacity is for unlimited, or higher data caps. If the system can support it, the higher caps would be a huge marketing tool for TM. Remember, Verizon just made a big deal out of giving everyone 1Gb of extra data for a month. Gee, a whole Gb !! LOL, Promos like that are comedy gold for John Legere.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    My best guess is that it is an experiment to see what the demand and capacity is for unlimited, or higher data caps.
    exactly, great minds think alike 😀
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=16223828

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakezula84 View Post
    Unlimited is on the way out. First is the uncontract which says you are locked into the price. In the fine print it says unlimited LTE plans are locked in for 2 years. The next was the price increase. This feels like another step in that direction. I think them dropping unlimited all together is a possibilty. Maybe replace it with a 20GB or 30GB plan at the $95 price, and this is meant to encourage people to turn off unlimited before they pull it (the timing with the price increase just doesn't seem right to me).
    Unlimited isn't going anywhere no time soon bro give it up.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Core Prime on MetroPCS using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    I think T-Mobile should give some credit for three months for those who have unlimited (perhaps $5 for $20 and $10 for $30). For those who have current $45 simply switch to data with quota and switch back thereafter.

Optimum/Cablevision

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matt.mingkee View Post
    I think T-Mobile should give some credit for three months for those who have unlimited (perhaps $5 for $20 and $10 for $30). For those who have current $45 simply switch to data with quota and switch back thereafter.
    Why? There is no evidence that their service has been diminished or impacted in any way. They are still receiving the service they are being charged for. There is no loss, thus no need for compensation.

Not every new offering benefits every user. The Binge On and Data Stash are proof of that. They only apply to specific user plans.

If you feel that unlimited has lost value, then switch to a plan that you feel IS worth what you are willing to pay. Otherwise it sounds kinda "That's Not Fair!", Whiny.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matt.mingkee View Post
    I think T-Mobile should give some credit for three months for those who have unlimited (perhaps $5 for $20 and $10 for $30).
    T-Mobile doesn't owe you any credit because they are giving others unlimited data. You should be thrilled that they still sell you unlimited data at the grandfathered price. Verizon recently bumped their grandfathered customers.

Device(s)
    Moto X DevEd
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    T-Mobile doesn't owe you any credit because they are giving others unlimited data. You should be thrilled that they still sell you unlimited data at the grandfathered price. Verizon recently bumped their grandfathered customers.
    and I ended up leaving because of it.

Device(s)
    Samsung A930
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The biggest benefactors of this are the people on the single line $50 a month plan (like me)....

Since using binge on is required, I doubt that people will run up excessive amounts.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm just wondering... Does anything show up in My T-Mobile yet for the unlimited?

Device(s)
    Samsung A930
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    I'm just wondering... Does anything show up in My T-Mobile yet for the unlimited?
    It starts 12/1

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    some people with unlimited add-on are still at it huh? apparently a lot of us don't know how to read the fine print or the faqs.
    here it is:
    http://www.t-mobile.com/customer/UNL...33HOO13875#faq

offer: 3-months of lte fast internet (data-gift)

highlights:
    - must be in simple plan before November 23 (as long as your plan has the word simple, you qualify)
    - must have binge-on activated (you turn it off, you lose your data-gift)
    - data-gift is for direct voice data only, it is not for tethering.
    - data-gift is not for data only plans or lines (tablets)
    - data-gift does not include the free movie rental from vudu or rhapsody unradio.
    - if you have unlimited data add-on prior to Nov 23 and you drop it. You also drop your data-gift. (do not remove your unlimited data add-on)
    - if you change plan, you also lose your data-gift.
    - if you signed up after November 23 or made changes to your plan, you lose the data-gift.

hopefully this will clear everything up.

and if you are paying for data add-on and feel cheated; at least and hopefully you will continue to enjoy your grandfather price. While the rest of the not-unlimited are getting throttled after March 1st. and you are enjoying your cheap unlimited add-on with vudu and unradio. (while others get your benefits for the price of $45+) (insert you evil laugh here)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast