Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Binge On's effect?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakezula84 View Post
    As a former sales person at T-Mobile, we see someone at least once a day looking for T-Mobile as home internet because they burned that Comcast bridge. If hotspots work for this properly, usage will increase as people get T-Mobile just for the internet.

Sidenote, lots of people have no internet. Leaving their phones as the only source of internet usuage.
    And the @Work business unit is specifically pursuing this target market niche for multi-user LAN access no less. In theory it is targeted for small businesses and failover only usage in large ones, and also in underserved usually rural locations, so congestion probably not so much an issue out there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech guy4 View Post
    I say that is wrong. It is called mobile for a reason.
    I agree it's wrong when people are cheating on the terms and conditions in order to do so.

However, I am on a 300 gigabyte per month hotspotting plan, all of it used for tethering, & I get much better speeds than u-verse ever delivered. Can even get static IP, run servers off it if I want to.

When the carrier is specifically marketing plans for a particular use, then of course there is no moral issue involved in taking them up on their offer.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I use mine for hot spotting for 300GB...

Feedback Score
    My speeds actually increased today at home, with me able to watch Sling TV on my phone. However in my parking spot its still terrible.

Traditonally at my home speeds are 1 or 2 Mbs. Maybe.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bxk12 View Post
    I use mine for hot spotting for 300GB...
    Which plan, which provider?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    tmobile unlimited simple choice 5 lines

Feedback Score
    Have you noticed any deprioritization after 23 gigabyte? Do you swap the sims around as part of your bypassing scheme?

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I can't seem to even load 720p Youtube without stuttering. I think TMO completely maxed out their towers with this move.

It'll be worse next few months, when there's unlimited LTE..

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    no I just stream to 300GB and pretend it's coming from my phone. can't say exactly how but it's possible. I've done over 1TB. no throttle and no deproritizing.

Carrier(s)
    HarborMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfkn2 View Post
    I can't seem to even load 720p Youtube without stuttering. I think TMO completely maxed out their towers with this move.

It'll be worse next few months, when there's unlimited LTE..
    Do you have BingeOn on? If you do YouTube will fail to play at 720p. It's being limited most likely by BingeOn bitrate of 1.5mbps. And not the load on the tower itself.
    1998 Nokia 5110 • 2001 Nokia 3350 • 2002 Nokia 3530 • 2003 Nokia 6800
    2005 HTC Wizard (Cingular 8125) (Stolen)
    2006 Nokia 6080
    2007 iPhone "2G" 4GB • 2009 iPhone 3GS 32GB • 2010 iPhone 4 16GB
    2011 Galaxy Nexus 16GB GSM • 2012 Nexus 4 16GB • 2013 Nexus 5 16GB • 2014 Nexus 6 32GB • 2015 Nexus 6P 32GB
    Plan: Tmobile "10GB 4 all" 10GB for $20 my line (shared family plan)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    T-Mobile's "congestion" is usually better than AT&T's speeds. AT&T has 2.5x the customers in less spectrum.

The OP here has very little LTE signal, so i'm assuming it's the main reason for their slow speeds.

Also the "uncarrier" moves have benefited me directly several times. The fact now that i can go to Canada or Mexico and use my phone just like it's included in my plan, stream all the Spotify and Netflix that i want, and can travel overseas and have free "slow speed" data while keeping my phone calls at a decent rate as well as free SMS (this helps as i go overseas quite often)

I am one happy camper at T-Mobile and will not be leaving anytime soon.
    Exactly. How do buddy expect to have blazing speeds with so little signal?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Core Prime on MetroPCS using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech guy4 View Post
    I agree with mjnoz unlimited video is not needed. Do you need to stream Netflix all I do not think so. Music freedom is fine because not much data is Bering used. They can buy unlimited. No-one needs to see tv shows while out and about. Wonder how many people abuse bing on. What else will be lef6 to use data. They will lewse money. They better not add YouTube. People need to stop taking things for free. I really like 480 streeming John rocks. As a side note Verizon speed test is slower for me.
    Who is u to say what I can watch while I'm out? Wow smh the nerve of some people. Pay for YOUR service and worry about what u do on YOUR phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleatheman View Post
    Do you have BingeOn on? If you do YouTube will fail to play at 720p. It's being limited most likely by BingeOn bitrate of 1.5mbps. And not the load on the tower itself.
    I bet that was it lol.

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    A lot use their phone as their only source of Internet. I used to work at a phone repair shop, most customers have T-Mobile and I can tell you that I lost track of how many used over 70GB in less than a month. A lot over 50GB in only a few days and seen some use over 200GB in less than a week. I was shocked..thought my 10-20GB was average. These people are just your average joes, not people that would hang out on cell forums lol I've only seen a handful that use less than 5GB in less than a month.

Edit: The data-hoggers were facebook, instagram, youtube, netflix, snapchat.

Feedback Score
    I feel that it is wrong to use your phone and Internet they make home Internet for a reason and is going to mess up network for the rest of us. 20 or 30 gigs is reasonable but not 200.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast